PDA

View Full Version : June 10 OTA Video

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 09:52 AM
Check out yesterday's OTA Video. Jason Peters continues to catch the ball well. Lee Evans and Josh Reed make nice catches and Willis McGahee looked really good doing the RB drill he wasn't wearing any knee brace or wrap. Terrence McGee also makes a nice play to break up a pass.

http://www.buffalobills.com/multimedia/index.cfm?cont_id=232872#

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 11:59 AM
bump

juice
06-11-2004, 12:44 PM
6-10 WM looks a little timid Planting during the Weave drill, maybe on purpose. Moulds looks awesome. Good Footage.

6-11 Going through the motions. Rookie TE looks good

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 01:09 PM
6-10 WM looks a little timid Planting during the Weave drill, maybe on purpose. Moulds looks awesome. Good Footage.

Juice on on ehand you say McGahee looks like he's going 80-90% or 3/4 speed and on the other hand you say he looks timid. What doyou mean by that?

juice
06-11-2004, 01:18 PM
Look at the Weave Drill on the 6-10 OTA... Look at the way Henry Plants his foot then look at WM softly plant that Left foot... They may have told him to be overly cautious on those drills but there is still a difference.

80-90% is the speed at which the offensive drill sets are being run and that observation was to a question posted in another Thread as to how his speed looks... With the plays not being run at 100% you cant really tell about his quickness, speed or planting from the OTA Video.

How do you think he looks planting his foot in that Weave Drill?

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 01:30 PM
To tell you the truth juice I didn't see much of a difference IMO. To me if anything he was tryign to make sure he was planting on his outside foot like the RB back coach was instructing.

juice
06-11-2004, 01:49 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
To tell you the truth juice I didn't see much of a difference IMO. To me if anything he was tryign to make sure he was planting on his outside foot like the RB back coach was instructing.

Planting on your outside foot comes natural to great runners.. You can see what I mean by looking at the guy the coach was giving the instruction to, he must be a fullback.

TH didn't have a problem making sure he planted on the correct foot, the staff may have told him(WM) to take it easy, you know, work gradually to become more comfortable on the Knee and to allow it to strengthen.

The reason for stressing the plant foot is to give the Runner the ability to plant and explode while changing direction, if a RB doesn't plant correctly he can do none of these things and he's not using his leg strenght to absorb and break tackles.

This is one od TH's strengths, Using his plant and leg strength to break tackles it is how he compensates for his lack of size and speed.

Take a close Look.

Hermanator21
06-11-2004, 01:56 PM
I wasn't going to say anything about it, cause if I did I would be called an idiot, but I see it aswell and Travis looks much more comfortable doing those drills,true maybe McGAYee is taken it easy due to his injury but the truth is the truth.

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Originally posted by Hermanator21
I wasn't going to say anything about it, cause if I did I would be called an idiot, but I see it aswell and Travis looks much more comfortable doing those drills,true maybe McGAYee is taken it easy due to his injury but the truth is the truth.

What is it with you and your spelling?

Hermanator21
06-11-2004, 02:24 PM
<b>*Edited for TOS Violation.*</b>

B-DON
06-11-2004, 02:30 PM
of coure you(homonator) saw something wrong with mcgahee during ONE ota. who would of ever guessed that?

juice
06-11-2004, 02:31 PM
:snicker: