X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

BILLS have contracts on the table will they re-sign or do they want to test FA

Offers On The Table: Tom Donahoe told the Rochester D&C that the team has "legitimate" offers on the table for three players that will be free agents after this season. Donahoe said the offers out on Aaron Schobel, Pat Williams and Jonas Jennings will be put on hold once training camp starts if deals aren't struck. The team does have cap room to get at least one of the deals done especially since Donahoe admits signing recently cut veterans from other teams seems to be unlikely.

• Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

I bet all 3 will reject or just wait it out.

If anyone signs, it will be Pat Williams.

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
      • Apr 2003

Originally posted by Dozerdog
      I bet all 3 will reject or just wait it out.

If anyone signs, it will be Pat Williams.
      aggreed...i think a team is going to be dumb enough to give schobel a ton of money just because he can put up 10 sacks a season. what most people dont realize is that schobel is extremely inconsistent and tends to dissappear often
      the dude abides

Comment

• Schobel94
        The Sack Master
        • Jan 2003

No one expects them to sign these offeres. It's called negotiations. If the agents signed the first thing that was offered they wouldn't be very good agenst now would they? It's good though to see that they are begining this process early.
        Last edited by Schobel94; 06-11-2004, 12:22 PM.
        Beware the sack master!

Comment

• mypoorfriendme
          • Apr 2003

the fact that offers are on the table just means that negotiations have started and the bills are willing to give a legitament atempt to resign them
          the dude abides

Comment

• JJamezz

Administrator Emeritus
            • Jul 2002

Jennings talked about this a little yesterday - same as what you guys said, there are preliminary offers on the table but nothing serious at this point.

I think McNally will be a big factor in his ultimate decision whether or not he stays, Jennings raved about him.

LISTEN (http://www.billszone.com/media/audio/Empire-061004-JonasJennings.mp3) Watch the Simon & Brinson show every weekday from 3-6PM on the Empire Sports Network, or listen LIVE on the internet at www.simonandbrinson.com

Comment

• B-DON
              hi
              • Mar 2004

good to see td out doing something to keep our home grown(players we drafted) players

Comment

• kgun12
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

aggreed...i think a team is going to be dumb enough to give schobel a ton of money just because he can put up 10 sacks a season. what most people dont realize is that schobel is extremely inconsistent and tends to dissappear often
                This thing about Schobel being inconsistent kills me. He is young and didn't have the defense or team Taylor had in his first 3 years or now for that matter!

Here are the stats for Schobel and Taylor in there first 3 years.

Schobel: : total tackles: sacks:
                01 42 7
                02 52 9
                03 60 12

totals 154 28

Taylor TT S
                97 45 3
                98 52 9
                99 42 15

totols 139 27

I hope we can resign him, but it's going to be tough when you compare him to who many people think is one of the best DE's in the game.
                Last edited by kgun12; 06-11-2004, 11:41 PM.
                Retired Air Traffic Controller
                USAF VETERAN
                DAV

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

i agree kgun... and if you look at the competition that he got his sacks against.. it definately wasnt just the weak teams we played
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                    short bus extraordinaire
                    • Jul 2002

i bet they go for the rediculous signing bonuses next year.
                    Originally posted by yordad
                    Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• kgun12
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      i bet they go for the rediculous signing bonuses next year.
                      I agree, so I hope they get something done with one or all of them NOW!
                      USAF VETERAN
                      DAV

Comment

• Hermanator21
                        Bleed Red, White, and Blue
                        • Mar 2004

If I had to choose one to sign, I would want Schobel, he is young and about to hit his prime, with Mcnaily coaching I don't think loosing Jennings would hurt us as much, and Bid Pat I love but he is getting up there in age plus we have some young guys who should step up sometime in the near future(Anderson,Bannan, and my darkhorse Edwards)

Comment

• kgun12
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Hermanator21
                          If I had to choose one to sign, I would want Schobel, he is young and about to hit his prime, with Mcnaily coaching I don't think loosing Jennings would hurt us as much, and Bid Pat I love but he is getting up there in age plus we have some young guys who should step up sometime in the near future(Anderson,Bannan, and my darkhorse Edwards)

He is the one I would go after also. Pat next if the price is right, then Jennings cause he has had proplems staying healthy.
                          USAF VETERAN
                          DAV

Comment

• juice
                            • Aug 2003

JJ says there aren't any serious offers to their agents.. While TD said the offers are serious, sounds like a difference in opinion and #'s.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

Working...
                            X