PDA

View Full Version : Wild Bill

The Spaz
06-11-2004, 02:09 PM
It may only be June, but Buffalo Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes has already worked himself into a regular-season lather.

Bam! Back snaps the head of offensive tackle Marques Sullivan, stood up by a fierce Spikes' hit during a recent minicamp session.

Ka-thump! Down goes the big lineman, knocked to the ground with the linebacker on top of him. They wrestle briefly before Spikes gets up and jogs to the sideline, where he is greeted by a chorus of barking teammates.

"I don't care, man, you know what I'm saying?" Spikes said later, when asked about the hit. "I'm going to do whatever it takes to win. If one guy's slacking, I'm going to do whatever it takes to pick him up."

Or, in Sullivan's case, knock him down.

Spikes -- his eyes wide and intense -- relishes embodying the definition of his first name, Takeo, which in Japanese means, great warrior. And he is driven by the one thing that has eluded him in his first five NFL seasons at Cincinnati and last year in Buffalo: A playoff appearance.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/football/nfl/06/11/bc.fbn.bills.spikesbjt.ap/index.html

Maybe this is why Sullivan is getting limited snaps with the 1st squad?!:snicker: Thsi is gettign me stoked!:up::woot:

B-DON
06-11-2004, 02:23 PM
yessss, damn i love you spikes(in a non gay way)

ryjam282
06-11-2004, 02:35 PM
One of the happiest days of being a Bills fan was when he signed here...Instant superstar and instant attitude...I LOVE IT!!

justasportsfan
06-11-2004, 03:01 PM
I hope everyone is just as playoff starved as he is especially Drew. He sure looked like Rob at times like he didn't care. It's time Drew get's in peoples faces like Kelly.

tomdonahoe
06-11-2004, 03:09 PM
The defense was slow to jell??????

What?

LtBillsFan66
06-11-2004, 03:13 PM
http://www.boston.com/dailynews/163/sports/Minicamp_or_regular_season_Spi:.shtml?tbdMinicamp_or_regular_season_Spi:.shtml

It may only be June, but Buffalo Bills linebacker Takeo Spikes has already worked himself into a regular-season lather.

Bam! Back snaps the head of offensive tackle Marques Sullivan, stood up by a fierce Spikes' hit during a recent minicamp session.

Ka-thump! Down goes the big lineman, knocked to the ground with the linebacker on top of him. They wrestle briefly before Spikes gets up and jogs to the sideline, where he is greeted by a chorus of barking teammates.

''I don't care, man, you know what I'm saying?'' Spikes said later, when asked about the hit. ''I'm going to do whatever it takes to win. If one guy's slacking, I'm going to do whatever it takes to pick him up.''

Tatonka
06-12-2004, 12:32 AM
i really think our defense is going to be better than it was last year.. in sacks and turnovers.. and they should stay about the same in yardage.

they will give our offense a chance to win games.. that is for sure... i dont forsee many, if any, blowouts against us.

BAM
06-12-2004, 12:38 PM
I like this thread :up:

Takeo is a ****ing animal! This has to be the best picture of him ever:

juice
06-12-2004, 01:10 PM
Someone forgot to tell Tekeo that Shorts, Helmets, and Shoulderpads doesn't mean Full Contact... Sounds like he took a cheap shot at MS.

Its one thing if you are in a full scrimmage, but these OTA seem pretty laid back... to avoid needless injuries, Spikes should save it for Training Camp when everyone is going all out.

Kramer
06-12-2004, 01:18 PM
Spikes did what was needed to motivate a lazy player. Nuff' said.

juice
06-12-2004, 02:52 PM
Originally posted by Kramer
Spikes did what was needed to motivate a lazy player. Nuff' said.

They are all Professionals and motivating players should be left up to the Staff...

Cheap Shots in Helmets and Shoulder pads tend to get potential starters hurt.

If he is lazy in Training camp then Personell decisions will be made, But if he gets hurt in the Offseason then the the already shallow Line gets even thinner.

Spikes may have anger managment issues.

The Spaz
06-12-2004, 02:59 PM
Did Spikes get repremanded I don't think so. The coaches obviously didn't have a problem with it. Besides how is it a cheap shor whwn he hits him head on, or wasn't Sullivan paying attention to that either?

juice
06-12-2004, 03:10 PM
There is a different intensity level when you practice with less than full gear on, you've seen the OTA video's... I didn't see anyone else Knocking people down and jumping on top of them.

Takeo (Great Warrior) is taking his names meaning too seriously.

To be a Great Warrior one must also have Honor... Anyone can knock someone down when they aren't expecting it...

Thats why it was a cheap shot.

Tatonka
06-12-2004, 03:57 PM
Originally posted by juice
There is a different intensity level when you practice with less than full gear on, you've seen the OTA video's... I didn't see anyone else Knocking people down and jumping on top of them.

Takeo (Great Warrior) is taking his names meaning too seriously.

To be a Great Warrior one must also have Honor... Anyone can knock someone down when they aren't expecting it...

Thats why it was a cheap shot.

your post sucks.

The Spaz
06-12-2004, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
your post sucks.

:rofl::beers:

juice
06-12-2004, 05:49 PM
Your posts are Wordy.

SABURZFAN
06-12-2004, 06:10 PM
maybe that's what sullivan needed too.welcome to the NFL pal.

Tatonka
06-12-2004, 08:42 PM
Originally posted by juice
Your posts are Wordy.

you got me there.

that was a low blow.

:snicker:

juice
06-12-2004, 08:46 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
you got me there.

that was a low blow.