PDA

View Full Version : Ogunleye, Dolphins Far Apart

Halbert
06-11-2004, 10:59 PM
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Roller coaster contract negotiations between the Miami Dolphins and restricted free agent defensive end Adewale Ogunleye have dipped to the point where agent Drew Rosenhaus on Friday expressed doubt another whether a deal will ever be consummated.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/colum..._len&id=1820188

In my fantasy world he comes to the Bills. Then I watch the games with my horny girlfriend, Janet Jackson.

Dozerdog
06-12-2004, 12:20 AM
Originally posted by Halbert
By Len Pasquarelli
ESPN.com

Roller coaster contract negotiations between the Miami Dolphins and restricted free agent defensive end Adewale Ogunleye have dipped to the point where agent Drew Rosenhaus on Friday expressed doubt another whether a deal will ever be consummated.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/colum..._len&id=1820188

In my fantasy world he comes to the Bills. Then I watch the games with my horny girlfriend, Janet Jackson.

In a velvet covered bed with a mirrored ceiling?

Tatonka
06-12-2004, 12:26 AM
and a sunburst nipple ring.

Kramer
06-12-2004, 07:24 AM
Showing you only one boob at a time?

Mr. Miyagi
06-12-2004, 07:39 AM
And begging you "Nasty boy" for more?

SABURZFAN
06-12-2004, 07:39 AM
the miami homers aren't going to like this.who was it that told me that they were close to negotiating?

who's gonna fess up???:doh:

Samphin1
06-12-2004, 03:14 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
the miami homers aren't going to like this.who was it that told me that they were close to negotiating?

who's gonna fess up???:doh:

I had said talks had resumed, which was a positve sign, and still is. Afterall, the more they talk, more than likely a deal happens. However, this latest twist smells like Drew Rosenhaus stink. If O-gun decides to sit out and report the final six games, he will oly hurt himself. I firmly believe he isn't as good as he thinks he is. Not that he is bad mind you. I think his replacements would be adequate to good and that the "bad attitude" that would be labeled on him would only hurt him come next year.

I still feel like something willget done, but if it doesn't, Miami will continue to win games and be a winning franchise without him.

SABURZFAN
06-12-2004, 06:30 PM
i'm just messing with you Samphin.:peace:

Goobylal
06-12-2004, 07:31 PM
i'm just messing with you Samphin.:peace:
Not so fast with the love-fest. Sammy was telling us that something will get done. I doubted that before and I seriously doubt that now. I think Ogun wants to stay in Miami and hopes they'll offer him a huge contract eventually. I doubt that will happen but I don't know if he knows that. If that's true, then he'll likely sit-out to see how much the defense suffers without him. If it doesn't, he'll end his hold-out quickly, rack up his sacks and leave at the end of the year for greener pastures. If the Dols aren't as dominant, he'll continue to sit-out until the Dols pay him, or until 10 games has passed and he HAS to rejoin them to accrue a year toward UFA. Personally I think the Dols' defense won't be as good without him because they don't have much behind him, and he was a good player in college that went undrafted because of a serious injury in his senior year.

SABURZFAN
06-13-2004, 08:41 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal

Not so fast with the love-fest. Sammy was telling us that something will get done. I doubted that before and I seriously doubt that now.

i wasn't going to go too much into it but did you see me get him on the call out?hook,line,and sinker.:snicker:

i was expecting to hear the crickets chirp too.

Samphin1
06-13-2004, 05:26 PM

i wasn't going to go too much into it but did you see me get him on the call out?hook,line,and sinker.:snicker:

i was expecting to hear the crickets chirp too.

It is a lose lose. If I don't back up what I say, you nincompoops call me a coward, if I do, you call me an idiot. Go back and re read my post. I still say something gets done. I don't change my position. Also goobs, we have superb depth on our line. If O-gun sits out, his replacements will do just fine without him.

B-DON
06-13-2004, 06:31 PM
what replacements? you dont just "replace" a 15 sack man

DraftBoy
06-13-2004, 07:27 PM
Apparently you missed the memo that said David Bowens, Jay Williams, and Otis Grisby will all be great players this season since they have proved it in the past. Bowens and Grisby arent worth discussing and Williams is a backup for a reason. Hes only had 22 career sacks, Bowens has a wopping 8, and Grisby has 0. So 3 guys with 30 career sacks are gonna replace one guy with 31 career sacks? Yea your depth is amazing down their in Miami! Let me tell you.

Goobylal
06-13-2004, 07:58 PM
Thanks B-Don and DraftBoy. You saved me a lot of writing. As was said, you don't replace a 15-sack player easily, and certainly not with backup-quality-at-best players like those mentioned above.

Again if I'm Ogun, even if I want out of Miami, I holdout for 10 games and watch the defense falter without me. Then when I return and the defense picks-up, I save over a half-a-year of wear and tear and cash-in even more on the market the following year. If the defense is fine, I return earlier, rack up the sacks playing next to JT, and still cash-in on the market the next year.

helmetguy
06-13-2004, 09:53 PM
Since he's under contract, the 'Phins can play hardball and fine him up to something like $5,000 a day until he reports, starting from the first day of training camp. The way I see it, he'll hold out and piss and moan for a while. The 'Phins will stand firm and piss and moan for a while. Then, there'll be a big splash when he signs a deal the 'Phins really can't afford. We've seen it all before, the big love fest with all the jock-speak platitudes that the press will gobble up as if they're golden biscuits.

Goobylal
06-13-2004, 10:16 PM
Originally posted by helmetguy
Since he's under contract, the 'Phins can play hardball and fine him up to something like $5,000 a day until he reports, starting from the first day of training camp. The way I see it, he'll hold out and piss and moan for a while. The 'Phins will stand firm and piss and moan for a while. Then, there'll be a big splash when he signs a deal the 'Phins really can't afford. We've seen it all before, the big love fest with all the jock-speak platitudes that the press will gobble up as if they're golden biscuits.
I seriously doubt Miami will give into Ogun's demands. Their owner even came out and said he thinks Ogun is a good, not great, player and he'll only pay him as such.

Samphin1
06-14-2004, 10:57 AM
Ok apparently, you guys have trouble comprehending. I never said his replacements would do as good as him. I said they would do ADEQUATE to GOOD. That means not as good as O-gun, but not terrible either. Bowens was slated to be the starter two years ago when he was out with an injury and was to battle O-gun last year when he slipped off a damn ladder and hurt himself again. He has been nothing but a hustle player for Miami and a hard hard hitter. More than likely, he sees the most snaps if O-gun keeps ups with his tantrum.

Jay Williams splits time between edn and DT. Everyone should know that our DT's are there to gobble up blockers to keep Thomas free. Williams does this well and also in his limited time playing, has picked up some sacks form both the inside, and outside. I like what I see out of him. Grigsby, is a project, but coaches rave about him, and with Wally out for the time being, he will be given a decent chance to show what he has got.

Remember, the key to our Success on the line is mainly Jason Taylor. He keeps causing havoc and getting double and triple teamed, the other side will benefit. He has inflated other Defensive ends numbers for years. Trace Armstrong, Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Bromell and now O-gun. While I think O-gun is vastly superior to any of those ends, he wouldn't be putting up his numbers if it wasn't for Taylor, Tim Bowens and Larry Chester taking all the blockers on and alloing O-gun one on one coverage.

He can also thank our great secondary for a few "coverage" sacks that were thrown his way too. Again, I feel something will get done, but if it doesn't, his replacements will be just fine by me.

Earthquake Enyart
06-14-2004, 11:14 AM
Rosenfels on one side and Wanny on the other. :snicker:

This'll never get done.

SABURZFAN
06-15-2004, 06:35 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1
It is a lose lose. If I don't back up what I say, you nincompoops call me a coward, if I do, you call me an idiot. Go back and re read my post. I still say something gets done. I don't change my position. Also goobs, we have superb depth on our line. If O-gun sits out, his replacements will do just fine without him.

Originally posted by Samphin1
Ok apparently, you guys have trouble comprehending. I never said his replacements would do as good as him. I said they would do ADEQUATE to GOOD. That means not as good as O-gun, but not terrible either. Bowens was slated to be the starter two years ago when he was out with an injury and was to battle O-gun last year when he slipped off a damn ladder and hurt himself again. He has been nothing but a hustle player for Miami and a hard hard hitter. More than likely, he sees the most snaps if O-gun keeps ups with his tantrum.

Jay Williams splits time between edn and DT. Everyone should know that our DT's are there to gobble up blockers to keep Thomas free. Williams does this well and also in his limited time playing, has picked up some sacks form both the inside, and outside. I like what I see out of him. Grigsby, is a project, but coaches rave about him, and with Wally out for the time being, he will be given a decent chance to show what he has got.

Remember, the key to our Success on the line is mainly Jason Taylor. He keeps causing havoc and getting double and triple teamed, the other side will benefit. He has inflated other Defensive ends numbers for years. Trace Armstrong, Kenny Mixon, Lorenzo Bromell and now O-gun. While I think O-gun is vastly superior to any of those ends, he wouldn't be putting up his numbers if it wasn't for Taylor, Tim Bowens and Larry Chester taking all the blockers on and alloing O-gun one on one coverage.

He can also thank our great secondary for a few "coverage" sacks that were thrown his way too. Again, I feel something will get done, but if it doesn't, his replacements will be just fine by me.

preach on bro.you forgot to mention zgonina.

:movie:

Samphin1
06-15-2004, 10:32 AM

preach on bro.you forgot to mention zgonina.

:movie:

We also have the man, the myth the legend....JEFF ZGONINA!:box:

Goobylal
06-15-2004, 12:47 PM
This won't help matters any: http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8924357.htm?1c

I think a 10-game holdout unless the Dols cave is inevitable.