X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Bills still looking for right man at left guard

The Buffalo Bills don't have many holes to fill in their starting lineups, but the release of long-time fixture Ruben Brown created an opening at left guard.
    Mike Pucillo, Ross Tucker and Marques Sullivan are the candidates to fill that spot, and the competition is too close to call as the Bills head into the final week of their offseason workouts.

"We like all three guys," offensive line coach Jim McNally said this week as the Bills wrapped up another three days of organized team activities. "They will get a chance to show what they can do."

Head coach Mike Mularkey had hoped his starting offensive line would be set before the team went to training camp, but it appears that won't be the case.

There's only so much evaluation that can take place when players are practicing in shorts. The Bills will get a better idea of which player is the best man once they put on the pads.

• finsrclowns
    • Apr 2004

Hmm....what if there is no "best man"? What if it turns out that Sullivan (11.5 sacks allowed in 20 starts) just can't pass block, Pucillo is still a human cannon ball and Tucker should go back to the Ivy league? Then what?
    finsrclowns

Comment

• SABURZFAN
      short bus extraordinaire
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by finsrclowns
      Hmm....what if there is no "best man"? What if it turns out that Sullivan (11.5 sacks allowed in 20 starts) just can't pass block, Pucillo is still a human cannon ball and Tucker should go back to the Ivy league? Then what?
      we pull reggie mckenzie out of mothballs.
      Originally posted by yordad
      Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Mr. Cynical
        Maybe?
        • Oct 2003

Originally posted by finsrclowns
        Then what? Drew gets mangled...again....and JP comes in. Since he can actually move more than 3 inches to the right, he'll get the pass off and we'll be better on offense.

Comment

• Tatonka
          • Jul 2002

i cant fault pucillo's attitude.. and he got a pretty good endorsement from mcnally.

i guess there would be crazier things than pucillo playing well.
          "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

Working...
          X