PDA

View Full Version : Clock Management

Typ0
10-27-2002, 06:49 PM
I just got back from the game and no doubt people have been posting about this but I haven't had time to catch up. Can anyone here give me a rationalization for throwing the ball on three straight downs for three and outs for two consecutive drives with under 8 minutes left in the game? There is no excuse for this. I don't care about the fumbles, we could have eaten up between three and four minutes of clock instead of thirty seconds. I'm so pissed about this I can't even begin to express myself. What is Gilbride thinking when he does this crap week in and week out?

BillsOwnAll
10-27-2002, 06:54 PM
yah

GO FOR 500 TYP0

Dozerdog
10-27-2002, 06:58 PM
With 8 minutes left, you got to still run the offense that got you the lead. If it's 4-5 minutes left and they did that two times, then you got an argument.

Close to 275 yards over 3 quarters, nobody complained about the passing. Stay with what works....

Kelly The Dog
10-27-2002, 07:00 PM
I have no idea what you're talking about. There were three drives under eight minutes. The first one we ran on first and lost three yards. With about 6-7 minutes to go. What do you do on 2-13? We then passed twice. The next time we got the ball we ran on first down and TH fumbled. The last time we got the ball we ran on first and second, and got nowhere and then threw and made a first and won the game? What is wrong with that play calling?

Dozerdog
10-27-2002, 07:00 PM
How do we go 5-3 with GILBRIDE pulling this CRAP each week!

Blame Jerry Grey for 1 loss (Oakland) and Mike Smith for 1 (Jets)

Gilbride is probably the best coach we have on the entire staff!

venis2k1
10-27-2002, 07:03 PM
:afro: WORD :afro:

Novacane
10-27-2002, 07:04 PM
Also on a couple of those passes Drew changed out of a run at the LOS. Gilbride is one guy I have no complaints about

Shiny Chicken
10-27-2002, 07:05 PM
I gotta agree with Dozer. Our strength all daywas the passing game... the coaching staff trusts Bledsoe beyond anything... they wanted to go with what was working all day... Gilbride is a huge reason why we're only a 1/2 game out of the division lead.

ublinkwescore
10-27-2002, 08:15 PM
Gilbride was a former ninja buddy of mine.

Then the Union got crappy, took away our medical Benefits, So Gilbride took up football.

Me -->:chuk: :chuk:<-- Gilbride

ublinkwescore
10-27-2002, 08:31 PM
I've got more hair then that now though.

Buffarama
10-27-2002, 09:07 PM
I know what you mean about passing.
On the same note, we passed to Moulds and got a first down on 3rd and 7 with under two minutes left, never punted and ended the game. I guess you gotta take the good with the bad on this one.

venis2k1
10-27-2002, 09:34 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore
Gilbride was a former ninja buddy of mine.

Then the Union got crappy, took away our medical Benefits, So Gilbride took up football.

Ohhhhh yea, i remember that....

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/beverlyhillsninja/assets/behind1.jpg
Gilbride kicks ass

lunatic_bills_fan
10-27-2002, 11:54 PM
Take the GOOD WITHT THE BAD??? Man what are you talkin bout. Lets think about it.
1) Drew been picking apart opposing defence all day
2) You've got a defence that is playin one of their best games
3) A rookie QB down in 4th quarter
4) Payin at home with a fired up crowd
IMHO-----SCREW CLOCK MANAGMENT GO FOR THE THROAT.

Judge
10-28-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by Typ0
What is Gilbride thinking when he does this crap week in and week out?

I heard AVP on his radio show this morning- he said it came up in meetings last week, and that Gilbride says he doesn't care what the situation is, and that the Bills will continue to do what they do best by being aggressive.

Judge
10-28-2002, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by lunatic_bills_fan

IMHO-----SCREW CLOCK MANAGMENT GO FOR THE THROAT.

That's KG's attitude!

ublinkwescore
10-28-2002, 08:45 AM
Venis - you a former 1208er too?

jdbillsfan
10-28-2002, 12:36 PM
I kind of agree with Typ0. The problem I had is the past two games with about 6 minutes left and a lead, we don't run the football and go three and out taking like 30 seconds off the clock.

I know we have an agressive offense and like to pass, but sometimes Gilbride has to think about the defense too.

Travis is a weapon on our offense and is guaranteed to burn some clock off if you give it too him. If we had a sucky running back, I would definitely vote to pass.

The pass on 3rd and 7 was awesome. I am not saying they shouldn't pass in those situations, but at least run it once or twice to burn some clock.