Is there anything more boring in the world...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • lordofgun
    in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Is there anything more boring in the world...

...than listening to a Bills player (or any player for that matter) get interviewed? It's just one cliche after another and you never learn anything. Of course, therre is the rare exception, but for the most part, if a player interview comes on the radio or sportscenter, I scramble for the dial or remote every time.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

• The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Re: Is there anything more boring in the world...

Originally posted by lordofgun
    ...than listening to a Bills player (or any player for that matter) get interviewed? It's just one cliche after another and you never learn anything.
    Of course...anything that lordofgun posts qualifies as real snooze material.
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• Kramer
      • May 2004

I don't get that much Bills news in South Florida so even when a player comes on TV and spouts the company line I sit and listen. Better than nothing.

Comment

• Tatonka
        • Jul 2002

...than listening to a Bills player (or any player for that matter) get interviewed?
        your posts.

"All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Bled2Hen
          • Mar 2004

lmao! ^^
          D-Bled hands off to T-Hen Touchdown! Buffalo. They win again!!!

Comment

• finsrclowns
            • Apr 2004

...than listening to a Bills player (or any player for that matter) get interviewed? It's just one cliche after another and you never learn anything. Of course, therre is the rare exception, but for the most part, if a player interview comes on the radio or sportscenter, I scramble for the dial or remote every time.

Well you just have to take 'em one interview at a time and let the chips fall where they may. We expect great athletes to be great copy, but in the end they put their pants on one leg at a time just like we do. Maybe the Bills PR department could help the players become more proficient with interviewing by giving them a game plan they can stick to so then it's up to them to just go out there and execute it. Sometimes in an interview a player needs to just want to make a statement and then give it 110%. And the interviewer has to come through when it counts and show he wants that quality interview more than the other guy. Then you'll see, more times than not, that everything will be clicking. But if things go bad in an interview, it's the job of the interviewer to just put the loss behind him and focus in on the next one. And the players need to remember that when their backs are against the wall in an interview to stick to the basics, and remember it ain't over till it's over.

finsrclowns

Comment

• lordofgun
              in charge of you

Administrator Emeritus
              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
              Of course...anything that lordofgun posts qualifies as real snooze material.
              Originally posted by Tatonka
              your posts.

It's pretty bad when you have to copy Phil's lame jokes.

<a href="http://www.buzzdash.com/index.php?page=buzzbite&amp;BB_id=119588">Do you like me?</a> | <a href="http://www.buzzdash.com">BuzzDash polls</a>

Comment

• Halbert
                I'm Not Normal
                • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Is there anything more boring in the world...

Originally posted by finsrclowns

Well you just have to take 'em one interview at a time and let the chips fall where they may. We expect great athletes to be great copy, but in the end they put their pants on one leg at a time just like we do. Maybe the Bills PR department could help the players become more proficient with interviewing by giving them a game plan they can stick to so then it's up to them to just go out there and execute it. Sometimes in an interview a player needs to just want to make a statement and then give it 110%. And the interviewer has to come through when it counts and show he wants that quality interview more than the other guy. Then you'll see, more times than not, that everything will be clicking. But if things go bad in an interview, it's the job of the interviewer to just put the loss behind him and focus in on the next one. And the players need to remember that when their backs are against the wall in an interview to stick to the basics, and remember it ain't over till it's over.

You know, when the chips were down finsrclowns really stepped up to the plate. He’s the consummate professional, just grabbing his lunch pail, getting out there and doing his job. Because he’s just that kind of guy. He’s a forum general. When he’s in the zone he elevates the posts of everyone around him. He’s the go-to guy, the heart and soul of the team. At critical points he’s the first to stand up and say “gimmie the damn pencil.” You just can’t say enough about the guy.

Comment

• finsrclowns
                  • Apr 2004

Re: Re: Re: Is there anything more boring in the world...

Originally posted by Halbert

You know, when the chips were down finsrclowns really stepped up to the plate. He’s the consummate professional, just grabbing his lunch pail, getting out there and doing his job. Because he’s just that kind of guy. He’s a forum general. When he’s in the zone he elevates the posts of everyone around him. He’s the go-to guy, the heart and soul of the team. At critical points he’s the first to stand up and say “gimmie the damn pencil.” You just can’t say enough about the guy.
                  Thanks much, but you know I really can't take any credit myself- just trying to do my best within the team format. I saw an opening and just tried to take what was there. But tomorrow's another day and you've just got to take 'em one day at a time. :bowl:
                  finsrclowns

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

i have to post better. i had some mental breakdowns that really cost me and cost the board.

about my future posts.. at this point, all i can say is i will work hard to get them back to a high level.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Captain gameboy
                      • Jul 2002

Re: Re: Re: Is there anything more boring in the world...

Originally posted by Halbert

You're not kidding.
                      He gives 110% when he comes to the big dance.
                      He's a warrior, a blue collar guy.

Speaking of formulaic speakers, how many times does Mel Kiper lead with "When you look at..."

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by lordofgun ...than listening to a Bills player (or any player for that matter) get interviewed?
                        You obviously have never seen a Bill Belichick press conference.

Comment

Working...
                        X