PDA

View Full Version : Jaws on J.P.

The Spaz
06-13-2004, 10:15 AM
JAWS ON J.P.: Former Eagles quarterback and ESPN NFL analyst Ron Jaworski thinks former Tulane quarterback J.P. Losman will be a special player in Buffalo. After studying film of the top five quarterbacks before the April draft, Jaworski rated Losman ahead of Philip Rivers (San Diego) and just below Eli Manning (New York Giants) and Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh).

"When I looked at J.P., what I saw was a guy who had a real live arm," Jaworski told the Buffalo News. "That's the first thing you look at, can he rotate that football. Especially when you have a guy who's going to play in Buffalo, you're going to need that tight spiral so the wind is not going to have too much effect on it. He has some flaws. I'm not going to put the guy in Canton already. I think mechanically there are some things he needs to improve upon, but every quarterback coming out of college has mechanical problems. But I really think the Bills have a quarterback here who really projects well to the NFL. Strong arm and can make all the throws."

http://www.nola.com/sports/t-p/index.ssf?/base/sports-11/1087111841241430.xml

Goobylal
06-13-2004, 11:40 AM
Losman has all the tools you look for in a QB: arm strength, mobility, toughness, leadership, confidence, and smarts. The mechanical stuff will be worked on by Wyche to a degree (Wyche himself said that you don't want to mess too much with a guy who can still get it done doing it unconventionally). The question is whether all that stuff translates into a good QB?

elltrain22
06-15-2004, 09:22 AM
Jaws actually usually knows what he is talking about.