• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Buffarama
    Football-Sport of the Gods
    • Jul 2002

Sober Up Everyone

NE isn't just going to roll over. Their backs are to the wall. Their season is on the line.
    If anyone is expecting some automatic win, you're nuts.
    NE has incentive upon incentive, Drew, playoffs, as do the Bills, to win this game. It is going to be a very very difficult game. The fans need to be deafening and crazy. Cheer as loud as you can! Don't let up!!
  • BledsoeTOreedfor6
    • Jul 2002

I agree. This is not going to be an easy game. Travis Henry is going to have to have a big day against their sucky run D and hold onto the stinking ball!

Comment

• Typ0
      honey pie
      • Jul 2002

No they aren't going to roll over for sure and they are going to be the first decent team we have faced since the Denver game (sorry, Miami was not a decent team last week). We definately are going to have to run the ball--and have some faith in the run.

I also was very disappointed in the crowd today. The only time they showed any energy was on big third down plays. This team deserved a much better homecoming today than they received.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
        • Jul 2002

What do you expect from the crowd today Typo with all the Canadians there because of Canada day. They don't know when or how the cheer. I know I have my usual sore throat and voice loss!

Comment

• Buffarama
          Football-Sport of the Gods
          • Jul 2002

I know I hate the Fox broadcasts, cause they turn the crowd volume almost off. On CBS you hear the crowd and feel like you're at the game. I have to be out of town next weekend, but am making a 6 hour trek just to get back in time to see the game Sunday.

Comment

• venis2k1
            Youboty can hope
            • Jul 2002

Can't we have a day to party before we start worrying about the Patsies

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

The Patriots have lots of incentive, but so do the Bills: turning the tide on last year, the Bledsoe factor ("you made a mistake to get rid of me"), division standings (the chance to go to first place).

I agree, It's going to be a tough game and if Buffalo doesn't play better than they did today they will likely lose, but I think they are up to it.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• TigerJ
                • Jul 2002

I went back and reread your post, Buffarama. I see you mentioned that Buffalo has incentive too. Sorry to imply you didn't say so.
                I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Sabre Ally
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
                  What do you expect from the crowd today Typo with all the Canadians there because of Canada day. They don't know when or how the cheer. I know I have my usual sore throat and voice loss!
                  Man, that is complete BS and you know it

Comment

• BigDoug
                    1-800-SAD-GOAT
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
                    Hey I resemble that remark.

Dude, on any give sunday, at least 25% of the crowd at RWS is Canadian. Canada Day probably brought it up to, what, 27%. The difference is about five busloads of drunks who won free tickets at their local bars from Labatts, most of them newbies to the NFL experience. We all gotta start somewhere

Comment

• BigDoug
                      1-800-SAD-GOAT
                      • Jul 2002

I stand corrected. The Toronto Sun reports 18 busloads, or @ 700 additional Canucks. By my estimate, Canadians were @ 35% of the crowd.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Sabre Ally

Man, that is complete BS and you know it
                        No it's not! Ok.........so I apologize for lumping all Canadians in as a group. There are a some that know their FB and are real Bills fans.

You were not at the game yesterday. We had a group from Canada behind us. THey were making the dumbest comments about the game. Then one of the nimrods spilled beer all over me and girl in our row.

Canadians are also the ones that think Doug Flutie should still be QB here! That alone disqualifies them as Knowledgable FB fans!

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigDoug

Hey I resemble that remark.

Dude, on any give sunday, at least 25% of the crowd at RWS is Canadian.
                          That may have been the case yesterday and during the Flutie years but I think that is to a high estimate for regular games.

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BigDoug
                            I stand corrected. The Toronto Sun reports 18 busloads, or @ 700 additional Canucks. By my estimate, Canadians were @ 35% of the crowd.
                            Doug..........an additional 700 candians would only be an extra 1%.

Take a walk through the parking lot and see very few Canadian plates. Even if they brought 30 buses every week that would only be 1500 people. I guess the Canadian attendance is less than 5%.

Comment

• vabillsfan
                              • Jul 2002

Is this what it comes down to? Ragging on our Canadian fans in arms? Puh-leaze people! The Ralph was sold out. The Bills put up the "W". We should have blown the Lions out but a win is a win. Sheesh, be happy we packed the house. Forget about folks around you and be happy you could be at the game!!!
                              Screw you Phins fans, I'm going home!

Comment

Working...
                              X