PDA

View Full Version : Does the NFL "fix" games?

Rebecky
10-27-2002, 09:14 PM
I'm dead serious. I'm beginning to wonder.

Titans/Cinci game today -- EVERY replay on TV showed, as the TV announcers unanimously asserted, that Cinci scored a winning TD in the last minute. Dillon crossed the goal line with the ball before he hit the ground, and landed with the ball in the endzone. No doubt about it. None whatsoever. A blind man could see it.

Yet the officials call "no TD" and the ref reviewing the play says "no irrefutable evidence"?? Bullfeathers! This is the most blatant "cheat" call I've ever seen!

Why do such things happen? Could it really have been a "fix"?

ublinkwescore
10-27-2002, 09:17 PM
That's the Who Cares, Someone Had To Win Bowl.

As long as they make the Bills win their superbowl this year so we won't have an * next to the win like the Patriots did with theirs.

venis2k1
10-27-2002, 09:25 PM
i saw that call on espn, i agree with the ref's

SoCalBillsFan
10-27-2002, 10:42 PM
i disagree with your ananlysis of the play. One of his lineman tripped and he fell over him, hit the ground before the ball was over the line.

Mr B
10-27-2002, 10:49 PM
Look at it this way, if the NFL was fixed, the Bills would have won the 4th superbowl against the Cowboys. There was alot of people rooting for the Bills in that game all over the country, because the felt so bad for them.

northernbillfan
10-28-2002, 03:21 AM
Remember what the Cigarette Smoking Man said in the X-Files..."The Buffalo Bills will never win a super bowl as long as I'm alive". ..... He died last season in the finale, so guess what conspiracy theorists.

Well, I'll let you put two and two together.

I BELIEVE!!!

Sabre Ally
10-28-2002, 03:25 AM
:lol:

NoCtUrNaL
10-28-2002, 04:35 AM
Excellent question...Yes...all NFL games are scripted and choreographed down to the end zone celebrations (you don’t really think moves like the “Icky Shuffle” are spontaneous and unrehearsed acts of personal expression do you?).

Actually, the NFL used to publish a book, before each season, that would give you all the scores for upcoming games, then they found out people were...you're not going to believe this, but they were gambling on the games and the book gave them an unfair advantage over the less literate fans out there.

Fat Tony
10-28-2002, 06:39 AM
I never knew these things were fixed!!!!!:D

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2002, 07:33 AM
Originally posted by Fat Tony
I never knew these things were fixed!!!!!:D

Suuuuure!

I think we need an immediate audit of Fat Tony's Zonebucks!

Earthquake Enyart
10-28-2002, 07:56 AM
It sure seems like some teams get all the calls (New England, Green Bay)

Buffarama
10-28-2002, 08:20 AM
The problem with the officials, is that their biased relates to the teams record.
When a lesser team makes a play, they are more prone to make a call against them, than a winning club.
I was watching a NE CB rape the WR all afternoon yesterday, he was all over him every play, and the refs figured that he was just so good, that it was good defense.
You'll see as the Bills get a better record more calls will go their way.

Judge
10-28-2002, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by Rebecky
I'm dead serious. I'm beginning to wonder.

Titans/Cinci game today -- EVERY replay on TV showed, as the TV announcers unanimously asserted, that Cinci scored a winning TD in the last minute. Dillon crossed the goal line with the ball before he hit the ground, and landed with the ball in the endzone. No doubt about it. None whatsoever. A blind man could see it.

Yet the officials call "no TD" and the ref reviewing the play says "no irrefutable evidence"?? Bullfeathers! This is the most blatant "cheat" call I've ever seen!

Why do such things happen? Could it really have been a "fix"?

There was no need for that call to "fix" the game. What was the pointspread? Wasn't Cincy getting 7? They had already won the betting game.

So, what's the motivation for the fix, Rebecky?

I do not believe that any NFL game is fixed. The variables of human error come into play that affect a game, but that's true in any sport. NFL is as legit as it gets.

ublinkwescore
10-28-2002, 09:09 AM
Remember what the Cigarette Smoking Man said in the X-Files..."The Buffalo Bills will never win a super bowl as long as I'm alive". ..... He died last season in the finale, so guess what conspiracy theorists.

Well, I'll let you put two and two together.

I BELIEVE!!!

- NorthernBillfan

I saw that on the X Files too while I was flipping through the channels. Now it's our time - to go to four in a row and win them all, and take the crown away from the 85 bears, 80's 9ers, 70's steelers, 90's cowboys as the greatest team ever in NFL history.

Phins054
10-28-2002, 09:41 AM
Fat Tony....stop selling the H...some of the locals are going demented...:rolleyes: