PDA

View Full Version : Bills Sign Dixon and Palafox

mightyspaz
06-14-2004, 03:44 PM
Orchard Park, NY – The Bills today announced that the team has signed cornerback Gerald Dixon and rookie free agent safety Jonathon Palafox.

Dixon (5-10, 189) was originally signed by the Lions on 5/5/03 as an undrafted free agent out of Alabama and saw action in all four of Detroit’s preseason games before being released prior to the start of the 2003 season. Most recently, Dixon played 10 games and started one for the Scottish Claymores of NFL Europe, and finished second on the team with 59 tackles (36 solo).

Palafox (6-2, 210) joins the Bills from Angelo State where he was a constant at free safety during his collegiate career. In his four years at Angelo State, Palafox registered 144 tackles (130 solo) and 10 interceptions.

The Bills also announced today that the team has released rookie linebacker Dilibe Acholonu.
http://www.buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=246060&dsp=press

Dozerdog
06-14-2004, 03:46 PM
Thanks MS!

Tatonka
06-14-2004, 08:45 PM
shame about that LB we released.. i really thought he had a chance. :snicker:

DraftBoy
06-14-2004, 10:11 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
shame about that LB we released.. i really thought he had a chance. :snicker:

:violin:

kardshark19
06-15-2004, 05:24 AM
Holy crap! I just saw Gerald Dixon's pic, and I just realized that I played high school football with him for 1 year. I also played with Darnell Dockett from FSU, but I hate that *****! Almost fought him in school.

But that be cool if he makes the squad. Just wanted to share.

SABURZFAN
06-15-2004, 05:59 AM
palafox looks as if he has good size but the competition wasn't spectacular.here's his stats for last year.

http://www.angelo.edu/services/athletics/football/Stats/teamcume.htm#TEAM.DEF

Jan Reimers
06-15-2004, 06:11 AM
I'm glad we keep cycling different guys through, obviously looking for that one diamond amongst the lumps of coal.

I agree with T, though, in thinking that Acholonu had a real chance.

Must be that the guys who get released early have, in the coaches opinion, some fatal flaw that will preclude them from ever being an NFL player.

ryjam282
06-15-2004, 07:12 AM
I guess Acholonu didn't have "it" I thought he would get more of a chance. Oh well, see ya....Let's hope a few of these guys we bring in can stick and make some contributions. ALA Fat Pat...

Tatonka
06-15-2004, 07:25 AM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I'm glad we keep cycling different guys through, obviously looking for that one diamond amongst the lumps of coal.

I agree with T, though, in thinking that Acholonu had a real chance.

Must be that the guys who get released early have, in the coaches opinion, some fatal flaw that will preclude them from ever being an NFL player.

i was just kidding about Acholonu though.. our lbs are solid.. and we have returning guys in stamer, crowell, and stevenson.. to go with our three starters.. he didnt have a prayer.

ryjam282
06-15-2004, 07:39 AM
I like Stamer a lot. He looks like he will be a pretty good one. He made some good plays last year and is a very solid tackler.