• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • mightyspaz
    Short, Furry and Cold
    • Mar 2004

Bills Sign Dixon and Palafox

Orchard Park, NY – The Bills today announced that the team has signed cornerback Gerald Dixon and rookie free agent safety Jonathon Palafox.

Dixon (5-10, 189) was originally signed by the Lions on 5/5/03 as an undrafted free agent out of Alabama and saw action in all four of Detroit’s preseason games before being released prior to the start of the 2003 season. Most recently, Dixon played 10 games and started one for the Scottish Claymores of NFL Europe, and finished second on the team with 59 tackles (36 solo).

Palafox (6-2, 210) joins the Bills from Angelo State where he was a constant at free safety during his collegiate career. In his four years at Angelo State, Palafox registered 144 tackles (130 solo) and 10 interceptions.

The Bills also announced today that the team has released rookie linebacker Dilibe Acholonu.
    ThE MiGhTy SpAz
    - I remember watching objects fly in my house Jan. 27th 1991 (XXV) as Scott Norwood missed, But I remember holding hands in my living room as Steve Christie scored three points to cap a 35 point comeback victory with Frank Reich at the Helm.
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Thanks MS!

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

shame about that LB we released.. i really thought he had a chance.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• DraftBoy
        Administrator
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
        shame about that LB we released.. i really thought he had a chance.
        COMING SOON...
        Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
        We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• kardshark19
          I will splash the pot whenever the hell I want!
          • Aug 2002

Holy crap! I just saw Gerald Dixon's pic, and I just realized that I played high school football with him for 1 year. I also played with Darnell Dockett from FSU, but I hate that *****! Almost fought him in school.

But that be cool if he makes the squad. Just wanted to share.
          If you don't like your job, you don't strike; you just go in every day and do it really half assed. That's the American way. - Homer Simpson

"In the poker game of life, women are the rake. They are the f**kin' rake."

Comment

• SABURZFAN
            short bus extraordinaire
            • Jul 2002

palafox looks as if he has good size but the competition wasn't spectacular.here's his stats for last year.

Originally posted by yordad
            Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
              Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
              • May 2003

I'm glad we keep cycling different guys through, obviously looking for that one diamond amongst the lumps of coal.

I agree with T, though, in thinking that Acholonu had a real chance.

Must be that the guys who get released early have, in the coaches opinion, some fatal flaw that will preclude them from ever being an NFL player.
              Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• ryjam282
                Offical Billszone Starting QB
                • Mar 2003

I guess Acholonu didn't have "it" I thought he would get more of a chance. Oh well, see ya....Let's hope a few of these guys we bring in can stick and make some contributions. ALA Fat Pat...

Ryan Withey
                Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
                  I'm glad we keep cycling different guys through, obviously looking for that one diamond amongst the lumps of coal.

I agree with T, though, in thinking that Acholonu had a real chance.

Must be that the guys who get released early have, in the coaches opinion, some fatal flaw that will preclude them from ever being an NFL player.

i was just kidding about Acholonu though.. our lbs are solid.. and we have returning guys in stamer, crowell, and stevenson.. to go with our three starters.. he didnt have a prayer.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryjam282
                    Offical Billszone Starting QB
                    • Mar 2003

I like Stamer a lot. He looks like he will be a pretty good one. He made some good plays last year and is a very solid tackler.

Ryan Withey
                    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

Working...
                    X