PDA

View Full Version : Palafox signs with Bills, practices at team's mini-camp

The_Philster
06-15-2004, 04:13 PM
Jonathan Palafox has proven himself on the football field at both the high school and college level.

Now, the former Sweetwater High School and Angelo State University standout has an op-portunity to make his presence felt on the biggest stage of all -- the National Football League.

The Buffalo Bills gave Palafox that chance Monday when they signed the 6-2, 210-pound free safety to a rookie free agent contract.

Following the signing, Palafox -- who had attracted the attention of the Bills at a tryout camp this spring -- reported to his first-ever practice with the team at their current mini-camp which is being held in Orchard Park, N.Y....
more (http://www.sweetwaterreporter.net/articles/2004/06/15/sports/sports1.txt)

The Spaz
06-15-2004, 04:25 PM
Wow a 4.37 with hands sounds like something we need in spades.

TigerJ
06-15-2004, 07:30 PM
Plusses:

Size, speed, intelligence

Negatives:

Injury history, small college guy

Sounds to me like his route to the NFL will include a hitch on the practice squad and then in NFL Europe, if it's still in business next spring. He might be a factor in 2005.

BillsNick
06-15-2004, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
Plusses:

Size, speed, intelligence

Negatives:

Injury history, small college guy

Sounds to me like his route to the NFL will include a hitch on the practice squad and then in NFL Europe, if it's still in business next spring. He might be a factor in 2005.

the small college thing, imo, shouldn't necessarily be looked at as a negative quite yet. jury is still out on that one.

justasportsfan
06-15-2004, 08:22 PM
A speedy lb like that could be used in special teams.

TigerJ
06-15-2004, 09:57 PM
I don't think being from a small college makes it a great deal more difficult to make a pro team. I do think it makes for a bigger learning curve. It may take longer for him to ready himself to play the position at the NFL level.

Actually I tend to root for guys like this, total unknowns who have some athleticism. I like to see guys like that succeed in the NFL.