PDA

View Full Version : A peak at the AFC East

justasportsfan
06-16-2004, 01:14 PM
Thanks MD

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/7426024

(June 16, 2004) -- Before I get into each of the four AFC East teams, an overview of the division is necessary.

NFL Network

NFL Network

Analysis, opinions, features and more!

Make no mistake about it, this is a defensive-minded division. Before Buffalo fired Gregg Williams, all four head coaches in this division were former defensive coordinators, and the statistics reflected it.

Three of the teams -- Buffalo, New England and Miami -- all ranked in the top 10 in the NFL in total yards allowed. This division also is home to five of the nine most productive pass rushers in the AFC with Adewale Ogunleye (Miami), Jason Taylor (Miami) and Shaun Ellis (New York) the top three sack leaders in the conference. Also, the top four cornerbacks in the division are as good as any group in the league. Adding Troy Vincent (Buffalo) to Patrick Surtain (Miami), Ty Law (New England), Nate Clements (Buffalo) and Sam Madison (Miami) gives the AFC East more shutdown corners than most divisions.

ScottLawrence
06-16-2004, 01:41 PM
Good oponion's all around.

Should be a strong division.

justasportsfan
06-16-2004, 01:50 PM
Yup!

lordofgun
06-16-2004, 02:17 PM
What a stupid article. It's obvious the Bills are going to the Super Bowl. :::

Voltron
06-16-2004, 02:20 PM
The problem with being in this division is we beat up on each other so badly that we only ever send one team onto the play offs :(

MDFINFAN
06-18-2004, 12:49 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
The problem with being in this division is we beat up on each other so badly that we only ever send one team onto the play offs :(

I agree, but that's why the winner of this division can make it to the SB, ie. NE...even the Jets did pretty good 2 years ago when they made the playoffs.

BTW, you're welcome Justa..LOL

BigZ
06-19-2004, 05:47 AM
Originally posted by Voltron

Right on

justasportsfan
06-19-2004, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by MDFINFAN

I agree, but that's why the winner of this division can make it to the SB, ie. NE...even the Jets did pretty good 2 years ago when they made the playoffs.

BTW, you're welcome Justa..LOL thanks MD. :D