PDA

View Full Version : Moulds' talk with Faulk paying huge dividends

LouGrant
10-28-2002, 08:39 AM
COMMENTARY
Moulds' talk with Faulk paying huge dividends
By JERRY SULLIVAN

10/28/2002

Eric Moulds is a native of Mississippi, but he spends a lot of time in New Orleans in the offseason. It's a happening place. His agent is located there. And as an added benefit, it's the residence of the NFL's best player, the Rams' Marshall Faulk.
Moulds had a few heart-to-heart talks with Faulk last winter. Faulk has won a Super Bowl. He holds the league record for yards from scrimmage in a season. He has every reason to be content. But he told Moulds that no matter what he achieves, he still aspires to a higher standard.

"He has an attitude about things," Moulds said. "Marshall said he leads the league in receiving and yardage, and it's still not good enough. I think that's the way you have to approach it if you want to be a solid player."

Moulds paid attention, and he came back to Buffalo this season as a new man. As a veteran on a young team, and its highest-paid player, he felt it was his duty to point the Bills to that higher standard. He was determined to become a leader on and off the field.

After the special teams blew the opener against the Jets, it was Moulds who stood up in the locker room and said there would be no finger-pointing. At Minnesota, he told the coaches to keep throwing to the other receivers because it was working. After the win in Houston, he said anyone who was happy with that game was playing the sport for the wrong reasons.

Apparently, the guys got the message. Sunday, they beat the Lions, 24-17, for their third straight victory. They're 5-3 and as hot a team as there is in the league. If the season ended today, the Bills would be in the playoffs. Roll that around on your tongue. It's only the midpoint, but this is starting to look like a playoff team.

But it's not enough for Moulds.

...MORE... (http://www.buffalonews.com/editorial/20021028/3028889.asp)

ublinkwescore
10-28-2002, 08:56 AM
Great article man.

Moulds and Price are both the best recievers in the league, and Bledsoe should be MVP - at least for the first half of the season.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2002, 09:05 AM
Great article.

I love Moulds', Price's, and Bledsoe's, attitude towards each other. They are quick to take blame themselves and give credit to each other. I love it!

Marcos20
10-28-2002, 09:09 PM
i love Moulds actitude... he is the best WR in the league

Cntrygal
10-28-2002, 10:03 PM
Welcome to the Zone, Marcos! :)