PDA

View Full Version : Who's clearly better than the Bills in the NFL? NOBODY!

Judge
10-28-2002, 11:27 AM
In this year's NFL, there is NO team in the NFL that is clearly dominant on both sides of the ball, and no team that is clearly better than the Bills.

Should the Bills be afraid of anyone? No way- they played Denver tough on the road, smashed the Miami D in the mouth on the road. The D has been physically punishing opponents all year, even in the games where they gave up big yardage and points. Now they're starting to stop and stifle opponents to go along with the physical pain they bring.

Should anyone be afraid of Buffalo? No. We're not clearly better than anyone, either. As long as the Bills stay focused, healthy, and don't hurt themselves by making bad mistakes, the sky's the limit!

My top 10:

1- Philadelphia (tough D, McNabb is an offensive threat)
2- Denver (most complete team in the AFC)
3- San Diego (will they stay at this level w/ Brees?)
4- Buffalo (yes, BUFFALO- they're 5-3, getting better, and still haven't put together a complete game yet.)
5- Green Bay (as long as Mr. Favre gets healthy)
6- San Francisco (with a bullet- could shoot to the top if the offense stays on track)
7- Tampa Bay (still one-dimensional defensive power, and won't last if RJ is the QB much loger)
8- Atlanta (look out for Wade's defense!)
9- New Orleans (bad loss at home yesterday, but has the tools to be an NFC Super Bowl threat)
10- Pittsburgh/KC/Miami (these teams are at the key moments in their season- any of them could still be a major force).

eyedog
10-28-2002, 11:34 AM
i agree philly and denver are the top two at this point, but neither one is unbeatable. it's wide open. and i am still not sold on san diego.

Pride
10-28-2002, 11:37 AM
I would say that that is a little too high. I am as optimistic as anybody but, come on, 4th? It isnt who we can beat 1 time, it is who we can beat 4 out of 5 times, and I am sorry, but if we play Green Bay (with a healthy Favre) they beat us 3 out of 5 times.

Same with San Fran and Probably Pitt.

Judge
10-28-2002, 11:39 AM
Originally posted by Pride
I would say that that is a little too high. I am as optimistic as anybody but, come on, 4th? It isnt who we can beat 1 time, it is who we can beat 4 out of 5 times, and I am sorry, but if we play Green Bay (with a healthy Favre) they beat us 3 out of 5 times.

Same with San Fran and Probably Pitt.

I disagree completely. The Bills can stack up against GB, SF, and Pitt any day, anytime.

venis2k1
10-28-2002, 11:42 AM
we lost to the jets, that keeps us out of the top 5.

Judge
10-28-2002, 11:44 AM
Originally posted by venis2k1
we lost to the jets, that keeps us out of the top 5.

No. Every team has a blemish on their record.

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 11:51 AM
"2- Denver (most complete team in the AFC) "

Its funny how when we had our complete team we beat them....at their house!!! and we're at number 10 behind Buffalo...what a joke!

Phins054
10-28-2002, 12:07 PM
I think N.O. is better than SF even though they lost to Atlanta yesterday.

1. NO
2. Philly
3. Denver
4. SF
5. Green Bay
6. Miami
7. San Diego
8. KC
9. Buffalo
10. TB

Novacane
10-28-2002, 12:10 PM
Right now I don't think there is any clear cut #1. The term "on any given Sunday" really is true in the League right now. Except for the Bengals of course!

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2002, 12:17 PM
I like the optimism, but we are way too high there. We could not “put away” anyone we beat but the half of an offense Fins. Where are the Raiders on the list? They beat us good. We haven’t beaten any high quality teams yet. I think we certainly have a chance to. We have the talent to. But from what I have seen – although I am loving every minute of it – we are not a top 5 team in this league by any means.

venis2k1
10-28-2002, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by Judge

No. Every team has a blemish on their record.

everybody loses, but the jets are 2-5, and their only other win came against the sorry ass Vikings

vabillsfan
10-28-2002, 12:26 PM
Hey W Boast - does that mean that if we beat the Pats on Sunday, and we already beat you, and you beat them with your "complete healthy team", you'd finally give us our due and admit we're better?

Probably not - which is why that logic is goofy.

"Oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad". Come on!!

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 12:28 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Right now I don't think there is any clear cut #1. The term "on any given Sunday" really is true in the League right now. Except for the Bengals of course!

I think ...S.Diego,Denver,N.Orleans, and Miami (When healthy) all have to be considered the top teams of the first half of the season and could easily be at number 1 right now....not to mention theyre probably the most complete and balanced teams.

P.S. G Bay could be on that list also....but they havent convinced me they have solid consistent WRs.

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by venis2k1

everybody loses, but the jets are 2-5, and their only other win came against the sorry ass Vikings

We really haven't beaten anyone good.

Minny 2-5 (1 win coming against the Bears,the other against the Lions)
Detroit 2-5 (1 win against the Bears)
Houston 2-5 (Beat Dallas,Jags)
Chicago 2-5 ( 1 win against Minny)
Miaim 5-2 ( Was a easy win, they had no offense)

Take away the easy Miami game and the combined records of the teams we beat are 8-20. Even if you add in Miami its still only 13-22.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2002, 12:29 PM
We barely beat the sorry ass Vikings who beat the (I guess) even sorrier assed Bears... The Texans and Lions are sorry assed. The Jets are sorry too - and we lost to them. Miami is very sorry w/o their QB and 2 top WRs.

I hate to rain on the parade, but lets get real here.

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by vabillsfan
Hey W Boast - does that mean that if we beat the Pats on Sunday, and we already beat you, and you beat them with your "complete healthy team", you'd finally give us our due and admit we're better?

Probably not - which is why that logic is goofy.

"Oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad". Come on!!

the only way I think anybody will give you your due is when you beat a good team....when healthy....Ill give you your dues if you beat us in DEC...with at least healthy WRs.

Novacane
10-28-2002, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by WCoastFin

I think ...S.Diego,Denver,N.Orleans, and Miami (When healthy) all have to be considered the top teams of the first half of the season and could easily be at number 1 right now....not to mention theyre probably the most complete and balanced teams.

P.S. G Bay could be on that list also....but they havent convinced me they have solid consistent WRs.

Like I said bud.......no clear cut #1.

And would you please stop that "when healthy" crap. No team has been more injured that GB and they are 6-1.

LtBillsFan66
10-28-2002, 12:31 PM
I think we have a shot at beating any team in this league, but I still would not rank them that high.

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by TacklingDummy

We really haven't beaten anyone good.

Minny 2-5 (1 win coming against the Bears)
Detroit 2-5
Houston 2-5
Chicago 2-5
Miaim 5-2 ( Was a easy win, they had no offense)

Take away the easy Miami game and the combined records of the teams we beat are 8-20. Even if you add in Miami its still only 13-22.

...now thats what Im talking bout!

P.S. please see my thread called "another close call"

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 12:34 PM
Thats how you make the playoffs, beat the teams you should beat. If only we had the Jet game back.

TigerJ
I agree that Buffalo has not played to their capabilities yet, though they weren't bad vs Miami. Until they do play that way and do it consistently, I think it's premature to label them a top five team. I also agree that there is no team whose game is impregnable. No team is undefeated. I think that is not a coincidence. That means there is room for Buffalo to keep moving up the charts. I'll wait and see.

WCoastFin

And would you please stop that "when healthy" crap.

If it makes you feel better.:dink:

Novacane
10-28-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanOne
I think we have a shot at beating any team in this league, but I still would not rank them that high.

I agree with you BF1. That is why these power rankings are meaningless. All they are good for is something to talk about.

There is no team in the NFL that I would say the Bills can't beat.

Just like there are no (aside from the Bengals) teams that I would say Can't beat us.

That is true for all NFL teams. Saints are #1 but they loose to the lions?

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 12:36 PM
Thats how you make the playoffs, beat the teams you should beat. If only we had the Jet game back.

its too early in the season to start regreting that.:bart:

Novacane
10-28-2002, 12:37 PM

If it makes you feel better.:dink:

Go ahead and keep saying it if it makes YOU feel better which it obviously does. It's always nice to have a built in excuse for failure.

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 12:40 PM

There is no team in the NFL that I would say the Bills can't beat.

I can, Its simple, Denver, Oakland and all good teams in General, they cant beat good teams.

:gossip:

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 12:44 PM

I can, Its simple, Denver, Oakland and all good teams in General, they cant beat good teams.

So you admitt Miami is not a good team? :rofl:

Novacane
10-28-2002, 12:44 PM

How can you classify Oakland as a good team than because according to your reasoning they have not beaten any good teams.

Novacane
10-28-2002, 12:46 PM

I think the next 8 weeks will show they are'nt a very good team.:gobills:

TacklingDummy
10-28-2002, 12:51 PM
My Top 10

1) Philly 2)NO 3) GB 4) SD 5) Den. 6) TB 7) SF 8) Atlanta 9) KC 10) Bills

Buffarama
10-28-2002, 12:55 PM
Here are my poorly thought out ratings:

1. Denver
2. SF
3. Philly
4. Oakland
5. Miami
6. NO
7. San Diego
8. Green Bay
9. NE
10. Pitt
11. Buff/KC

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 12:55 PM

How can you classify Oakland as a good team than because according to your reasoning they have not beaten any good teams.

I guess you have a point on the exception of the Raiders......however you did lose to the Jets who are another losing team...man it just got worse!

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 12:57 PM

yes I will admit theyre not a good team....when they are missing their QB and WRs all in one week.

Judge
10-28-2002, 01:14 PM

yes I will admit theyre not a good team....when they are missing their QB and WRs all in one week.
\
They're not very good when their defense is healthy, either- what a bunch of wusses that D has.

Novacane
10-28-2002, 01:16 PM
zackly judge........our D is playing better than thiers right now

TypicalBill
10-28-2002, 02:38 PM

WCF, I think you have a point here.

TypicalBill
10-28-2002, 02:40 PM
But face it. OG is out and Fiedler is out. Honestly, how do you think you'll do the next couple of weeks?

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 03:55 PM
zackly judge........our D is playing better than thiers right now

Lions kept up, Jets beat you, Broncos and Raiders ran up and down the Field on you guys....ya your D is sure playing better.

Novacane
10-28-2002, 04:02 PM

Lions kept up, Jets beat you, Broncos and Raiders ran up and down the Field on you guys....ya your D is sure playing better.

You only read what you want to, don't you. Shake the cobwebs out of your brain. I said RIGHT now we are playing better than your D. THe last 10 quarters our D has been very good.

YOur run D looked like crap against that running back that you say sucks.

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 04:17 PM

You only read what you want to, don't you. Shake the cobwebs out of your brain. I said RIGHT now we are playing better than your D. THe last 10 quarters our D has been very good.

YOur run D looked like crap against that running back that you say sucks.

LMAO! the last 10 Quarters! and look at who youve played in the last 10 QTRs Texans, Injured Dolphins, Lions, now, who weve played Patriots, Broncos, Bills..... ya your D sure looked better against the Dolphins then ours did against the Broncos! What a joke!:snicker: remember we only let you score a TD and a pair of FGs.

now answer me this,Whos looked better on defense overall between us? and what I mean by overall I mean since the begging of the year, not just a certain amount of Qtrs.

ublinkwescore
10-28-2002, 04:34 PM
Will you shut up if we beat the pats Wcoast?

I'll give you a zonebuck.

ublinkwescore
10-28-2002, 04:40 PM
Oh yeah, how does it feel to know your most despised team now has the longest winning streak in the AFC?

That's right, the Bills now have the longest winning streak in the AFC.

Here's my power rankings

1. New Orleans

2. Denver

3. San Diego (only for right now - they'll fall apart soon)

4. Green Bay (Green Bay won't do anything in the playoffs)

5. Buffalo (we're better then the 49ers, Raiders now, Falcons, Steelers, DOLPHINS, PATS, Eagles, Buccaneers, Chiefs - only because we've got more firepower on offense then any of them, or our D will hinder them enough to where we'd win a shootout with them)

6. Eagles

7. 49ers

8. Buccaneers

9. Chiefs

10. Falcons

11. Dolphins

Novacane
10-28-2002, 04:43 PM

now answer me this,Whos looked better on defense overall between us? and what I mean by overall I mean since the begging of the year, not just a certain amount of Qtrs.

Does it matter who WAS playing well? No! It matters who IS playing well. I care what happens next week not what happend 6 weeks ago.

Your D is way overated. WAAAAAAAAAAY overated!

Novacane
10-28-2002, 04:45 PM
Originally posted by ublinkwescore

:lolcry: maybe he'll choke on it!

ublinkwescore
10-28-2002, 04:50 PM
One can only hope

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 07:37 PM

Hmmmmmmm...lemme think about it........

no.:beer:

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 07:41 PM
One can only hope

be careful what you hope for....seriuosly, I never wish this kind of stuff on anybody.

WCoastFin
10-28-2002, 07:49 PM

Does it matter who WAS playing well? No! It matters who IS playing well. I care what happens next week not what happend 6 weeks ago.

Your D is way overated. WAAAAAAAAAAY overated!

I still dont consider this an answer to my question...especially when you answer it with a question....you remind me of those jehova witness that come knocking on my door every sunday....you only read and say a portion of the paragraph...you dont read and say the whole thing to to see what it really means....six weeks ago was still in this season so as far as Im concerned its still part of the present....and presently our "overrated" defense is in 1st Place and ranked better than your "ProBowl" defense!

Typ0
10-28-2002, 07:57 PM
It comes down to when you peak not how you start the season. We can only hope we continue to improve and we haven't seen the best from this team yet. Losing to the JETS sucked sucked sucked...but you know what? It was week one when that happened and we really didn't have it all together yet...we also beat the hell out of them in every area of the game except kick returns. Oh, well. Live and learn. As much as you say we don't count the amazing thing is it has been our defense in the past three weeks that has won us games. That is a welcomed site to all Bills fans who have been very worried we traded away too much defense for a high powered offense. If the defense continues to improve we will be the best team in the league come week 18, on a bye and waiting for a home playoff game while Miami will be at home preparing for christmas. What the hell is christmas without snow anyway? Maybe you can package some up when you visit here in early December eh?

colin
10-28-2002, 10:35 PM
Philly and NO have lost to some crappy teams. They are not that super.

GB and Denver, and SD are the best teams right now. Either SD or Denver should lead the AFC into a super bowl win.

lunatic_bills_fan
10-28-2002, 10:46 PM
I think you all have a pretty similar idea who you thin is in the top 10 and for the most part I'd say I'd have to agree. But ther is a team in the NFC who has the capabilities of being in that list in about 6 weeks from now. People have blown them off but I think they have way TOO much talent to blow off. I dont thinks we have seen the last of them TRICKY RAMS yet. 2-5 is a pretty big hole but if they string together a big win streak which they are capable of, the NFC will be wide open. I dont know but just a hunch.

Halbert
10-28-2002, 11:01 PM
They'd have to go 8-1 to make the playoffs. Without Kurt.

I agree that they'll pound some good teams the rest of the season but they won't be beating anybody in the playoffs.

btw - I love the enthusiasm but ranking the Bills above the Dolphins is way premature. Our offense can play with anybody but the D and ST still have tons to prove. Right now Miami has more balance across all units and better depth in most spots. We might catch them sometime this season but that day is not today.

Typ0
10-28-2002, 11:14 PM
No it's SUNDAY! lol

ublinkwescore
10-29-2002, 01:35 AM
Jehovas are about the only company you get out in the swamps. I bet they hate going out to your house - especially if they see Finmama waxing the primer colored monster truck in her Bikini.

ublinkwescore
10-29-2002, 01:37 AM
Hmmmmmmm...lemme think about it........

no.

- WCoastFin

Darn.