Who's clearly better than the Bills in the NFL? NOBODY!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Judge
    • Aug 2002

Who's clearly better than the Bills in the NFL? NOBODY!

In this year's NFL, there is NO team in the NFL that is clearly dominant on both sides of the ball, and no team that is clearly better than the Bills.

Should the Bills be afraid of anyone? No way- they played Denver tough on the road, smashed the Miami D in the mouth on the road. The D has been physically punishing opponents all year, even in the games where they gave up big yardage and points. Now they're starting to stop and stifle opponents to go along with the physical pain they bring.

Should anyone be afraid of Buffalo? No. We're not clearly better than anyone, either. As long as the Bills stay focused, healthy, and don't hurt themselves by making bad mistakes, the sky's the limit!

My top 10:

1- Philadelphia (tough D, McNabb is an offensive threat)
    2- Denver (most complete team in the AFC)
    3- San Diego (will they stay at this level w/ Brees?)
    4- Buffalo (yes, BUFFALO- they're 5-3, getting better, and still haven't put together a complete game yet.)
    5- Green Bay (as long as Mr. Favre gets healthy)
    6- San Francisco (with a bullet- could shoot to the top if the offense stays on track)
    7- Tampa Bay (still one-dimensional defensive power, and won't last if RJ is the QB much loger)
    8- Atlanta (look out for Wade's defense!)
    9- New Orleans (bad loss at home yesterday, but has the tools to be an NFC Super Bowl threat)
    10- Pittsburgh/KC/Miami (these teams are at the key moments in their season- any of them could still be a major force).
    Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!
  • eyedog
    • Jul 2002

i agree philly and denver are the top two at this point, but neither one is unbeatable. it's wide open. and i am still not sold on san diego.

Comment

• Pride
      • Jul 2002

I would say that that is a little too high. I am as optimistic as anybody but, come on, 4th? It isnt who we can beat 1 time, it is who we can beat 4 out of 5 times, and I am sorry, but if we play Green Bay (with a healthy Favre) they beat us 3 out of 5 times.

Same with San Fran and Probably Pitt.

Comment

• Judge
        • Aug 2002

Originally posted by Pride
        I would say that that is a little too high. I am as optimistic as anybody but, come on, 4th? It isnt who we can beat 1 time, it is who we can beat 4 out of 5 times, and I am sorry, but if we play Green Bay (with a healthy Favre) they beat us 3 out of 5 times.

Same with San Fran and Probably Pitt.
        I disagree completely. The Bills can stack up against GB, SF, and Pitt any day, anytime.
        Argue like hell. Keep it clean. And when it's over, shake hands and root for our team!

Comment

• venis2k1
          Youboty can hope
          • Jul 2002

we lost to the jets, that keeps us out of the top 5.

Comment

• Judge
            • Aug 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1
            we lost to the jets, that keeps us out of the top 5.
            No. Every team has a blemish on their record.

Comment

• WCoastFin
              I have the arms of a new born baby!
              • Jul 2002

"2- Denver (most complete team in the AFC) "

Its funny how when we had our complete team we beat them....at their house!!! and we're at number 10 behind Buffalo...what a joke!
              We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• Phins054
                Legitimate businessman..."waste" management
                • Jul 2002

I think N.O. is better than SF even though they lost to Atlanta yesterday.

1. NO
                2. Philly
                3. Denver
                4. SF
                5. Green Bay
                6. Miami
                7. San Diego
                8. KC
                9. Buffalo
                10. TB
                Can't get enough of that wonderful Duff...

Comment

• BledsoeTOreedfor6
                  • Jul 2002

Right now I don't think there is any clear cut #1. The term "on any given Sunday" really is true in the League right now. Except for the Bengals of course!

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                    • Jul 2002

I like the optimism, but we are way too high there. We could not “put away” anyone we beat but the half of an offense Fins. Where are the Raiders on the list? They beat us good. We haven’t beaten any high quality teams yet. I think we certainly have a chance to. We have the talent to. But from what I have seen – although I am loving every minute of it – we are not a top 5 team in this league by any means.

Comment

• venis2k1
                      Youboty can hope
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Judge

No. Every team has a blemish on their record.
                      everybody loses, but the jets are 2-5, and their only other win came against the sorry ass Vikings

Comment

• vabillsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Hey W Boast - does that mean that if we beat the Pats on Sunday, and we already beat you, and you beat them with your "complete healthy team", you'd finally give us our due and admit we're better?

Probably not - which is why that logic is goofy.

"Oh yeah, well my dad can beat up your dad". Come on!!
                        Screw you Phins fans, I'm going home!

Comment

• WCoastFin
                          I have the arms of a new born baby!
                          • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
                          Right now I don't think there is any clear cut #1. The term "on any given Sunday" really is true in the League right now. Except for the Bengals of course!
                          I think ...S.Diego,Denver,N.Orleans, and Miami (When healthy) all have to be considered the top teams of the first half of the season and could easily be at number 1 right now....not to mention theyre probably the most complete and balanced teams.

P.S. G Bay could be on that list also....but they havent convinced me they have solid consistent WRs.
                          We wanna see you spit now!!!lets face it we suck.

Comment

• TacklingDummy
                            Unreachable Douche
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by venis2k1

everybody loses, but the jets are 2-5, and their only other win came against the sorry ass Vikings
                            We really haven't beaten anyone good.

Minny 2-5 (1 win coming against the Bears,the other against the Lions)
                            Detroit 2-5 (1 win against the Bears)
                            Houston 2-5 (Beat Dallas,Jags)
                            Chicago 2-5 ( 1 win against Minny)
                            Miaim 5-2 ( Was a easy win, they had no offense)

Take away the easy Miami game and the combined records of the teams we beat are 8-20. Even if you add in Miami its still only 13-22.
                            Last edited by TacklingDummy; 10-28-2002, 12:32 PM.

Comment

• LtBillsFan66
                              • Jul 2002

We barely beat the sorry ass Vikings who beat the (I guess) even sorrier assed Bears... The Texans and Lions are sorry assed. The Jets are sorry too - and we lost to them. Miami is very sorry w/o their QB and 2 top WRs.

I hate to rain on the parade, but lets get real here.

Comment

Working...
                              X