PDA

View Full Version : Zhitnik

chubluv
06-18-2004, 10:57 PM
Just saw on the local sportscast that Alexi wants to test the free agencywaters. Why would he want to do this year when everything is up in the air for next season?

Darcy also said he thinks the market is coming back down. Primeau signed for less, Klee signed for a little more but not an overwhelming amount.

Martin Gerber was traded to Carolina. Hockey is alive and kicking so far. Of course the CBA's contract runs deep into summer(I think it does anyway)...

elltrain22
06-19-2004, 09:56 AM
This offseason will be crazy w/ all the moves that will be made. There are so many teams, Buffalo included, that just want to get rid of all of the excess cash remaining on its clubs, and most want to get younger, and get prospects. Hopefully, this doesnt mean we loose Zhitnik, he has been a good one, and I'd hate to see him go.

qcsabresfan84
06-20-2004, 01:04 AM
Originally posted by chubluv
Just saw on the local sportscast that Alexi wants to test the free agencywaters. Why would he want to do this year when everything is up in the air for next season?

Darcy also said he thinks the market is coming back down. Primeau signed for less, Klee signed for a little more but not an overwhelming amount.

Martin Gerber was traded to Carolina. Hockey is alive and kicking so far. Of course the CBA's contract runs deep into summer(I think it does anyway)...
I think that the CBA runs out on september 15, right around training camp.

realmendontwearteal
06-20-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by qcsabresfan84

I think that the CBA runs out on september 15, right around training camp.

that is true.... is that when the NHL determines if the strike happens or not after the CBA expeires

SABURZFAN
06-21-2004, 12:29 PM
we should have gotten rid of zhitnik a couple years ago.

Earthquake Enyart
06-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Don't forget that we made the run at the end of last year with out him.

chubluv
06-21-2004, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart
Don't forget that we made the run at the end of last year with out him.

Yes we did, but I think me would of made it with him. The D just wasnt the same without him.

realmendontwearteal
06-21-2004, 11:39 PM
Originally posted by chubluv

Yes we did, but I think me would of made it with him. The D just wasnt the same without him.

he would have helped.... they played pretty well with out him.... the goaltending a little stronger i think the sabres would have made the playoffs