PDA

View Full Version : Bills among Gildon's options

The_Philster
06-19-2004, 06:58 AM
Leo Roth
The Buffalo Bills remain in the hunt to sign former Pittsburgh Steelers All-Pro linebacker Jason Gildon, who is sitting down to discuss his options after a weeklong free-agent tour.
”We’re negotiating with four teams,” agent Peter Schaffer said on Friday, confirming that the Bills are among them. “When we find what we feel is the best situation for Jason, we’ll have a decision. But there’s no timetable.”

Gildon visited Green Bay, Buffalo and Cincinnati this week. Chicago also was mentioned as a possible suitor....
more (http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/0619A34L6MN_sports.shtml)

BillsFanInMass
06-19-2004, 08:17 AM
I think if its about winning games I think we will have the edge because of all the talent we have compared to the other teams mentioned. I really think our team will play like the team who beat NE 31 - 0 all season and not like the one who got killed 31 - 0 by NE at the end of last yr.

Mr. Miyagi
06-19-2004, 09:02 AM
Sign him already. I want everyone's zbs. :$:

SABURZFAN
06-19-2004, 09:14 AM
i think buffalo and cincinatti are almost identical situations.

green bay needs help everywhere on defense.

chicago's DT situation is such a mess that they drafted DT's in the first 2 rounds.other than urlacher,their LB situation is a mess too.

JefftheBillsfan
06-19-2004, 10:07 AM
honestly, i dont understand why he would want to come here, he is going to have to earn every minute he gets here. and i dont see him or posey stepping in as an every down LE, so somethings gotta give IMO.

madness
06-19-2004, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Sign him already. I want everyone's zbs. :$:

Hey man, it's a win-win situation for me. Sign him and we pick up a quality player. Don't sign him and I pick up some quality zbs.

Hermanator21
06-19-2004, 01:41 PM
I see him signing with Cincy, Think about it..... he plays his former team twice a year, and he plays for his exlinebackers coach Marvin Lewis, and he will get more playing time.....It's not like Cincy sucks....With us he plays for a slightly better team and thats it. I don't think Murlarky brings anything to the table for Gildon because MM was on the offensesive side of the ball.

DraftBoy
06-19-2004, 01:49 PM
Gildon comes here he knows he'll be used strictly as a pass rusher and I gotta think he may like that idea at his age with the beating he's taken over the years. Cincy is the better team IMO.

OpIv37
06-19-2004, 02:58 PM
Why are we looking at LB's and WR's still? Granted, we could probably use some depth at the LB position, but I think there are more glaring needs for this team, such as DL and OL.

On the other hand, having 4 starting LB's brings up some interesting defensive sets, especially if Gildon or Posey can play a lineman position. Essentially, the Bills would be able to play a 3-4 or a 4-3 with the exact same personnel on the field- I'd love to see offenses figure that one out.

BigZ
06-21-2004, 09:05 AM
I think the chances of him coming here are really small. He won't start and probably won't get much playing time.

What's with the reference to the ZB's - is there a major bet going on that I missed? Just curious- I don't want any part of it!

Tatonka
06-21-2004, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by Hermanator21
I see him signing with Cincy, Think about it.....It's not like Cincy sucks....

i would say they are at LEAST as good as the bills.

Originally posted by madness23
Hey man, it's a win-win situation for me. Sign him and we pick up a quality player. Don't sign him and I pick up some quality zbs.

exactly.. about 30k in zone bucks there, MM

Tatonka
06-21-2004, 10:21 AM
Originally posted by zielinski
What's with the reference to the ZB's - is there a major bet going on that I missed? Just curious- I don't want any part of it!

Miyagi bet a few of us that gildon would sign.. and gave us 2-1 odds..

i bet him 15k in zonebucks.. i will be rich soon.

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2004, 11:18 AM
Don't worry. I got the dough to cover y'all sorry asses. :mad:

Makes this Gildon thing that much more exciting doesn' it? :D

Tatonka
06-21-2004, 11:36 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
Don't worry. I got the dough to cover y'all sorry asses. :mad:

Makes this Gildon thing that much more exciting doesn' it? :D

yeah.. i really hope i lose.

ryjam282
06-21-2004, 12:18 PM
As do I Tatonka....As do I. :snicker:

:oj:

bernielivsey_1
06-22-2004, 01:16 PM
:pimp: We have more than enough LB's, WR's and RB's. So we sign a WR last week and are looking at a LB now as well. An old one at that. If I was TD I would fill holes rather than overload some positions that are solid enough as it is. I like to fill holes.....TD should too. :limp: