PDA

View Full Version : Question for all Bills fans...

elltrain22
06-21-2004, 08:47 AM
Just curious, do any of you die-hard Bills fans ever get really nervous before games. I usually get really nervous even the night before. My finance' thinks its weird that I get nervous for a team that I don't even play on, but I have always felt like I am a part of this team, simply b/c of the love & devotion I have for my Bills.

ryguy8161
06-21-2004, 08:49 AM
Oh yeah. Coming off the bye week last season, I was actually shaking before the Dallas game.

BigZ
06-21-2004, 08:58 AM
Used to get that way. Been through way too many bad years. Kinda wears on you.

Mr. Miyagi
06-21-2004, 09:13 AM
I'm nervous everytime Drew drops back with the ball.

ryjam282
06-21-2004, 09:22 AM
I get that way but only for the big games. Like when we play Miami or NE I wasn't too pumped going into KC last year cause I just knew we would lose. But, yeah I get that way sometimes.

TheGhostofJimKelly
06-21-2004, 09:35 AM
I get excited and I usually am up at 6:00 on game days.

Dozerdog
06-21-2004, 09:40 AM
Just like hall of fame goalie Jaques Plante- I vomit before every game.....

......but it has nothing to do with nerves

THATHURMANATOR
06-21-2004, 09:58 AM
I used to when I was a little younger but all the losses in SBs and stuff have worn on me. I am still hoping they will win but the butterflies are gone.

Earthquake Enyart
06-21-2004, 10:01 AM
Been a while since we've had a big game to be nervous about.

Novacane
06-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
Just curious, do any of you die-hard Bills fans ever get really nervous before games. I usually get really nervous even the night before. My finance' thinks its weird that I get nervous for a team that I don't even play on, but I have always felt like I am a part of this team, simply b/c of the love & devotion I have for my Bills.

Yes. And don't feel bad........my wife thinks it's weird too. In fact........she tells me its ridiculas to get so worked up over a football game.

Tatonka
06-21-2004, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
I'm nervous everytime Drew drops back with the ball.

me too.

Originally posted by Dozerdog
I vomit before every game.....

......but it has nothing to do with nerves

:rofl:

Tatonka
06-21-2004, 10:25 AM
Originally posted by Fairway To Green
Yes. And don't feel bad........my wife thinks it's weird too. In fact........she tells me its ridiculas to get so worked up over a football game.

my wife too.. that is when i hit her.. and then i say "See what you've done!.. You've RUINED the pregame excitement.. and now the bills are gonna lose!"... then i hit her again, rick james style.

and then after the game, i say "Honey.. i am sorry i had to hit you.. but i only did it because i love you and you deserved it."

she always understands.

:pimp:

Novacane
06-21-2004, 10:27 AM
:lol:

Dozerdog
06-21-2004, 10:45 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
my wife too.. that is when i hit her.. and then i say "See what you've done!.. You've RUINED the pregame excitement.. and now the bills are gonna lose!"... then i hit her again, rick james style.

and then after the game, i say "Honey.. i am sorry i had to hit you.. but i only did it because i love you and you deserved it."

she always understands.

Is her name Nicole?

billzfan34
06-21-2004, 11:30 AM
dont usually get nervous....but my wife refuses to sleep in the same bed after a loss....seems i tend to take out my frustrations in my sleep....had her in a headlock, yelling run you b*st*rd run..darn near tore her head off i guess...lol

Tatonka
06-21-2004, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by billzfan34
had her in a headlock, yelling run you b*st*rd run..darn near tore her head off i guess...lol

pffff.. i do that to my wife during the games.

:D

SABURZFAN
06-21-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

she always understands.

:laughter:

Jan Reimers
06-21-2004, 12:29 PM
Aren't nerves the reason most of us drink so much before - and during, and after - the games? It couldn't be because we just like alcohol, could it?

Dozerdog
06-21-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
Aren't nerves the reason most of us drink so much before - and during, and after - the games? It couldn't be because we just like alcohol, could it?

Oddly- i don't drink or puke every sunday...just the fall

lordofgun
06-21-2004, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by THATHURMANATOR
I used to when I was a little younger but all the losses in SBs and stuff have worn on me. I am still hoping they will win but the butterflies are gone.

:pet:

B-DON
06-21-2004, 01:10 PM
i always get nervous before games. but a couple tokes and a couple of beers usually calm me down until bledsoe drop backs then i take down a bottle or two of jack

Tatonka
06-21-2004, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by B-DON
i always get nervous before games. but a couple tokes and a couple of beers usually calm me down until bledsoe drop backs then i take down a bottle or two of jack

:lol:

Tatonka
06-21-2004, 01:51 PM
i try to get sex before friends come over.. but the wife is usually not about that..

so i try to get a quick beat in after setting up my fantasy football rosters..

then i chill.... till bledsoe throws his first pick or fumbles after holding the ball for 10 seconds.

BAM
06-21-2004, 07:20 PM
I'm usually too lit up before the games to get nervous. :smoke:

The_Philster
06-21-2004, 07:25 PM
Not really...I'm usually too busy with tailgate festivities to get nervous. :idunno:

Dantheman1280
06-21-2004, 08:06 PM
i get jittery before the game but if we start of bad it just turns into a sick feeling

John Ward
06-22-2004, 12:09 PM
Being a devoted Bills fan living in South Florida, when they play the Phins I get all pumped up and I'm up by 6 getting mentally ready for the game myself. After all, my phone never rings when the Bills kick their asses and when I do hear from them all I hear is the "Fair-weathered" fans whine like a baby with a bad diaper rash!

bernielivsey_1
06-22-2004, 01:25 PM
:ko: I thought about this the other day. If the Bills ever moved or were disolved (I know it wont happen now but it could be possible 10 or 20 years from now) my life would take a major hit. There is so much feeling and devotion to this team that the hole it would leave would take some time to fill. Yes I'm pathetic but I really do LOVE the Bills. :spank:

elltrain22
06-25-2004, 02:25 PM
I know we haven't had much to be excited about here lately, but somehow, I just seem to be nervous every Sunday whenever we play.

Tatonka
06-25-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
:ko: I thought about this the other day. If the Bills ever moved or were disolved (I know it wont happen now but it could be possible 10 or 20 years from now) my life would take a major hit. There is so much feeling and devotion to this team that the hole it would leave would take some time to fill. Yes I'm pathetic but I really do LOVE the Bills. :spank:

hey man.. i think that 80% of the fans here feel the same way.. including myself.. i dont feel like it means that i dont have a life.. it is just a passion of mine.. a passion that is very high on the priority list.. like it is for you i am sure.

Michael82
06-25-2004, 09:15 PM
I can't sleep the night before a game, especially the season opener and the Dolphins game. It feels like Christmas morning.

MTBillsFan
06-25-2004, 11:57 PM
Before every game that I can watch I get nervous/excited! Last year against the pats in the first game of the season I couldn't eat or drink anything until the 3rd quarter when we were smokin' em!