PDA

View Full Version : J.P is gonna make preseason worth watching.

BillsFanInMass
06-22-2004, 01:19 PM
Usually preseason games are very boring after the first quarter and a half. But now from 2nd quarter on will be the most anticipated just to catch a glance of our QB of the future. Once the season starts we wont see much of him unless we are blowing someone out which doesnt happen that often now a days NFL teams are so close in talent now even Cincinnati is no easy win.

Novacane
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
I agree. I'm looking forward to seeing him play.

Ebenezer
06-22-2004, 01:27 PM
I agree...and since I do not believe the Bills will go better than 9-7, even if DB plays great, I feel JP should be getting at least 2 quarters worth of work in each game.

justasportsfan
06-22-2004, 01:29 PM
I'm excited to see him in action in preseason.

I disagree Eb, the bills can go further if we run the ball well first. Our OL last year did a hell of a job run blocking. If Mcnally can fix our pass portection, oppnents are gonna have to choose their poison ,especially since we know what Drew can do if given time. If Evans can take away some coverage from Moulds and Reed is back in the slot, I honestly believe we can catch up with the Pats.

Our D could even get better if they get more rest because of our O controlling the clock better.

I know there's a lot of IF's , but I think we will do better than 9-7.

bernielivsey_1
06-22-2004, 01:29 PM
:jump: Dont forget about the new and improved Travis Brown. He's gonna WOW us baby. :awm:

Jan Reimers
06-22-2004, 01:30 PM
Good observation. I know Brown will get a lot of work, too, but I hope J.P. gets some serious PT.

CWOUSARET
06-22-2004, 04:57 PM
a first - i agree with every post so far - im super hyped about seeing jp and im also excited about seeing how much brown has improved.

Tatonka
06-22-2004, 06:01 PM
i could be nathan chandler in there for all i care.. just give me some damn football.

ShadowHawk7
06-22-2004, 06:56 PM
Lol. It especially helps for us fans that don't live in Buffalo, b/c one of the games (game 2 i think) against the Broncos shall be televised on NFL Network. Yet another perk of Sunday Ticket. Hopefully Losman will rock that game.

BillsFanInMass
06-22-2004, 07:52 PM
i heard all games will eventually be televised maybe not live but all preseason will go on nfl network i hope this is true

mypoorfriendme
06-22-2004, 07:57 PM
Originally posted by BillsFanInMass
i heard all games will eventually be televised maybe not live but all preseason will go on nfl network i hope this is true

thats what nfl.com said, but about losmans preseason action....lets hope its an improvement from his post-season playing time in the senior bowl, eh?

The_Philster
06-22-2004, 08:36 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i could be nathan chandler in there for all i care.. just give me some damn football.
He was cut on June 9th

TigerJ
06-22-2004, 10:10 PM
I did n't see much of Losman's performance in the senior bowl. I did read where someone said it wasn't all that bad. It was just that Phil Rivers lit things up so much that any other QB looked bad by comparison.

In any case I too want to see what the future holds. I'd like to see what Evans can do too.

B-DON
06-23-2004, 12:53 AM
are you guys forgetting about our 1st round pick last year. i think im more xcited to see mcgahee since he will be a star very soon and contribute this year

BigZ
06-23-2004, 05:36 AM

JP needs to get the bulk of the second team work. The only way for him to develop is to play.

ryjam282
06-23-2004, 07:17 AM

Now that is good comedy. But he has been released....Maybe you should ask for Alex Van Pelt :snicker:

BAM
06-23-2004, 07:29 AM
JP's gonna rip it up! I can feel it

TedMock
06-23-2004, 08:08 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I did n't see much of Losman's performance in the senior bowl. I did read where someone said it wasn't all that bad. It was just that Phil Rivers lit things up so much that any other QB looked bad by comparison.

Exactly. I watched it, and Rivers was awesome. Losman played "ok," but nothing spectacular. He did have a couple of bad series, too. Rivers really stepped it up for that game.

Tatonka
06-23-2004, 08:43 AM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Lol. It especially helps for us fans that don't live in Buffalo, b/c one of the games (game 2 i think) against the Broncos shall be televised on NFL Network. Yet another perk of Sunday Ticket. Hopefully Losman will rock that game.

all the preseason games will be televised on the nfl network.. just the broncos game will be shown on time.. all the others will be reairings.

Originally posted by The_Philster
He was cut on June 9th

i know.. that was part of the joke...

Originally posted by mypoorfriendme
thats what nfl.com said, but about losmans preseason action....lets hope its an improvement from his post-season playing time in the senior bowl, eh?

MPFM... i still dont understand your hardon for dogging losman before he has played.. but are willing to give bledsoe chance after chance after 8 of 11 years of average or below play.. :rollyeyes:

you obviously didnt watch the senior bowl.. losman did not play bad.. he had a couple bad series.. but also showed some great arm strength and mobility.. and made a couple great plays that receivers just flat out dropped the ball.. i can distinctly remember one catch the TE should have had that losman launched off his back foot avoiding the rush.. the te just dropped it in the endzone.

but i am sure you saw that and just have a totaly different recolection since your all about losman being ****.

Originally posted by zielinski
JP needs to get the bulk of the second team work. The only way for him to develop is to play.

the chandler comment was a joke..

Originally posted by ryjam282
Now that is good comedy. But he has been released....Maybe you should ask for Alex Van Pelt :snicker:

the chandler comment was a joke..

jesus people... i think i was the one who reported the chandler release from vcoach!

I'M A BELIEVER
06-23-2004, 01:28 PM
JP will be put on the back burner this year I am afraid....I would love to see him in action but I would be surprised to even see much of him in preseason.....let's hope if Drew goes down that Travis is not far behind.....maybe we could catch lightning in a bottle with JP............

DraftBoy
06-23-2004, 02:18 PM
JP should be #2 after TC so if Bledsoe:
a-gets hurt
b-****s the bed

Losman gets some PT.

mypoorfriendme
06-23-2004, 03:25 PM
first off....im just as much of a losman fan as i am a bledsoe fan, and as crazy as this may seem. I AM A BILLS FAN. i just distinctly being very unimpressed by losman, i recall him under throwing a WR screen and just being "off" all day. given its only one day, but he sure picked a bad day to play like **** on (rivers: 5 bowl games, 5 mvp's)

and anyway, i wouldnt be surprised at all to see brown get a lot more playing time in the preseason than losman just because i think brown will be our number 2 through the year, and we need to give him as much experience as possible.

but it doesnt matter, because i am by far the most excited to see mcgahee finall suited up, on the field, scoring touch downs

B-DON
06-23-2004, 07:25 PM
exactly mcgahee is going to tear it up in preseason

G. Host
06-26-2004, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by bernielivsey_1
:jump: Dont forget about the new and improved Travis Brown. He's gonna WOW us baby. :awm:

I hope he gets just enough work for Bills to consider getting rid of him. New coaching staff has no ties or reason to keep him.

lordofgun
06-26-2004, 11:09 PM
I'm more excited to see McGahee!

BillsFanInMass
06-27-2004, 01:17 PM
I said Losman will give us something to watch after the second quarter i dont think Mcgahee will be playing then. Maybe who knows.