PDA

View Full Version : This year could be a suprisingly good year if....

BillsNick
06-22-2004, 06:14 PM
1. McNally turns our line into solid unit.

2a. We increase our sack total by at least 20% from last year.

2b. Our secondary can get at least twice the picks we had last year and more forced fumbles.

3. We run on 3rd and short. (at least the first 87 times :snicker: )

We pound the ball with WM and TH, set up the pass (enter Lee Evans) and use the TE's more. Clock control. This would be a nice scenario IMO.

Tatonka
06-22-2004, 06:17 PM
couldnt agree more.

Tatonka
06-22-2004, 06:17 PM
i think the real key to winning games for us this year will be to play good disciplined football and outscore the opponent.

BillsNick
06-22-2004, 06:21 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i think the real key to winning games for us this year will be to play good disciplined football and outscore the opponent.

Hate to say it but ......Execution, execution, execution!

You're right, we need to play like professionals and cut down on the penalties. Should help with Ruben gone.

CWOUSARET
06-22-2004, 06:23 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick

2b. Our secondary can get at least twice the picks we had last year and more forced fumbles.

3. We run on 3rd and short. (at least the first 87 times :snicker:)

We pound the ball with WM and TH, set up the pass (enter Lee Evans) and use the TE's more. Clock control. This would be a nice scenario IMO.

agreed - well said!

BillsNick
06-22-2004, 06:32 PM
The thing that killed me last year, was all the dumb penalties. I know the difference between a dumb penalty and a smart penalty, and last year we had so many blatently idiotic panalties. Drive killers, score killers, penalties that took us out of our already short FG rang. We cut those in half, and we've got a chance this year. The fact remains, champions don't commit many penalties.

ShadowHawk7
06-22-2004, 07:00 PM
Many times we didn't even have drives to kill by penalties. :snicker2:

DraftBoy
06-22-2004, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by BillsNick

3. We run on 3rd and short. (at least the first 87 times :snicker: )

1. Agree

2. Dont see it

3. Agree

Like I think Eb said 9-7.

HAMMER
06-23-2004, 12:43 PM
Williams era was marked by lack of discipline. I think Ruben was responsible for half our penalties the last few years, it drove me absolutley NUTS.

My two concerns with our team are the Center position, I don't see Teague as the solution there, gets pushed back into the pocket, we need a hog. Second concern is Bledsoe, I love the guy but am not sure he ever had that "thing". Can't seem to get it done when the chips are down. I hope he proves me wrong this year, I would be the happiest man on earth if we won a Super Bowl with Bledsoe at the helm.

All in all I believe firmly that our offense will be much better, we certainly have some great tools and now some coaches I trust to call plays that suit the personnel.

I'M A BELIEVER
06-23-2004, 01:14 PM
We also need to develop and maintain a killer instinct and put teams away..........successful teams do that year in and year out and vice versa.....

DraftBoy
06-23-2004, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
We also need to develop and maintain a killer instinct and put teams away..........successful teams do that year in and year out and vice versa.....

Well said

Kramer
06-23-2004, 02:35 PM

Hmmm, the idea that outscoring opponents leads to wins. That is an interesting concept. Have to look into that one to see if it is valid, although my gut instinct doesn't think so.

Italian Stallion
06-23-2004, 02:37 PM
KICK RETURN MAN... can't stress that enough people...field position is everything, especially when you play the type of game the Bills plan to (heavy run offense, solid D, control the clock)...

A more explosive man back there will make for shorter fields on offense(less of a chance for #11 to mess up...maybe..) and demorolized opposing defenses with their backs against the wall..

Antonio Brown might be the answer after a year of sucking under his belt, but id try Jonathan Smith, Terrence McGee and even BOBBY SHAW...after all Donahoe initally signed him because of his punt/kick return abilities....

Tatonka
06-23-2004, 03:00 PM
finally someone comments on my sarcasm.. sheesh.. that took forever.

BillsNick
06-23-2004, 04:07 PM
I agree 100% on the kick return game. I would like to see what brown does with his second chance, but I really like McGee back there as well. The kid plays hard every time he's on the field.

Philagape
06-23-2004, 07:51 PM
Originally posted by Kramer

Hmmm, the idea that outscoring opponents leads to wins. That is an interesting concept. Have to look into that one to see if it is valid, although my gut instinct doesn't think so.

I've done some research, gone into the archives and interviewed many experts, and my tentative conclusion is that, yes, we win when we score more points than our opponents.

ScottLawrence
06-24-2004, 11:02 AM

**** that... it never works.:madcurse:

zone
06-24-2004, 01:53 PM
"I think the team that score the most points will win this one"

-John Madden

BillsNick
06-24-2004, 08:04 PM
Originally posted by zone

-John Madden

:rofl:

Tatonka
06-24-2004, 08:15 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
**** that... it never works.:madcurse:

:rofl:

Originally posted by zone

-John Madden

that was the reference that i was making to begin with.. the funny thing is that some people were shaking there heads up and down while reading it.. thinking.. "hey.. he really is on to something here"

:snicker:

The_Philster
06-24-2004, 08:35 PM
that was the reference that i was making to begin with.. the funny thing is that some people were shaking there heads up and down while reading it.. thinking.. "hey.. he really is on to something here"

:snicker: Those are the types of people who keep Madden in the business. :cynic:

Kramer
06-25-2004, 06:43 AM
And what think tank this did this nugget of wisdom come out of?

"The Tatonka Institute for Advanced Football Studies"? :D J/K

helmetguy
06-25-2004, 11:05 AM
"If we score a lot, we MAY win. If they NEVER score, we'll NEVER lose."-Lee Raffensburger