This year could be a suprisingly good year if....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BillsNick
    • Jul 2003

This year could be a suprisingly good year if....

1. McNally turns our line into solid unit.

2a. We increase our sack total by at least 20% from last year.

2b. Our secondary can get at least twice the picks we had last year and more forced fumbles.

3. We run on 3rd and short. (at least the first 87 times )

We pound the ball with WM and TH, set up the pass (enter Lee Evans) and use the TE's more. Clock control. This would be a nice scenario IMO.
    Last edited by BillsNick; 06-22-2004, 06:24 PM.
  • Tatonka
    • Jul 2002

couldnt agree more.
    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
      • Jul 2002

i think the real key to winning games for us this year will be to play good disciplined football and outscore the opponent.
      "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• BillsNick
        • Jul 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
        i think the real key to winning games for us this year will be to play good disciplined football and outscore the opponent.

Hate to say it but ......Execution, execution, execution!

You're right, we need to play like professionals and cut down on the penalties. Should help with Ruben gone.

Comment

• CWOUSARET
          • Aug 2003

Originally posted by BillsNick

2b. Our secondary can get at least twice the picks we had last year and more forced fumbles.

We pound the ball with WM and TH, set up the pass (enter Lee Evans) and use the TE's more. Clock control. This would be a nice scenario IMO.
          agreed - well said!
          "Creativity is more important than Intelligence."

Comment

• BillsNick
            • Jul 2003

The thing that killed me last year, was all the dumb penalties. I know the difference between a dumb penalty and a smart penalty, and last year we had so many blatently idiotic panalties. Drive killers, score killers, penalties that took us out of our already short FG rang. We cut those in half, and we've got a chance this year. The fact remains, champions don't commit many penalties.

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
              Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
              • Mar 2003

Many times we didn't even have drives to kill by penalties. :snicker2:
              "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
              -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• DraftBoy
                Administrator
                • Jul 2002

Re: This year could be a suprisingly good year if....

Originally posted by BillsNick

1. Agree

2. Dont see it

3. Agree

Like I think Eb said 9-7.
                COMING SOON...
                Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• HAMMER
                  I'm right, Miyagi is wrong.
                  • Jul 2003

Williams era was marked by lack of discipline. I think Ruben was responsible for half our penalties the last few years, it drove me absolutley NUTS.

My two concerns with our team are the Center position, I don't see Teague as the solution there, gets pushed back into the pocket, we need a hog. Second concern is Bledsoe, I love the guy but am not sure he ever had that "thing". Can't seem to get it done when the chips are down. I hope he proves me wrong this year, I would be the happiest man on earth if we won a Super Bowl with Bledsoe at the helm.

All in all I believe firmly that our offense will be much better, we certainly have some great tools and now some coaches I trust to call plays that suit the personnel.

Comment

• I'M A BELIEVER
                    • Jun 2004

We also need to develop and maintain a killer instinct and put teams away..........successful teams do that year in and year out and vice versa.....
                    Men are clinging to football on a level we aren't even aware of. For centuries, we ruled everything, and now, in the last ten minutes, there are all these incursions by women. It's our Alamo. ~Tony Kornheiser
                    =========================
                    I have seen women walk right past a TV set with a football game on and - this always amazes me - not stop to watch, even if the TV is showing replays of what we call a "good hit," which is a tackle that causes at least one major internal organ to actually fly out of a player's body. ~Dave Barry

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by I'M A BELIEVER
                      We also need to develop and maintain a killer instinct and put teams away..........successful teams do that year in and year out and vice versa.....
                      Well said
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Kramer
                        • May 2004

Originally posted by Tatonka
                        Hmmm, the idea that outscoring opponents leads to wins. That is an interesting concept. Have to look into that one to see if it is valid, although my gut instinct doesn't think so.

Comment

• Italian Stallion
                          Knows More Than You
                          • Feb 2004

KICK RETURN MAN... can't stress that enough people...field position is everything, especially when you play the type of game the Bills plan to (heavy run offense, solid D, control the clock)...

A more explosive man back there will make for shorter fields on offense(less of a chance for #11 to mess up...maybe..) and demorolized opposing defenses with their backs against the wall..

Antonio Brown might be the answer after a year of sucking under his belt, but id try Jonathan Smith, Terrence McGee and even BOBBY SHAW...after all Donahoe initally signed him because of his punt/kick return abilities....
                          BILLS FOOTBALL

SABRES HOCKEY

METS BASEBALL

I like cheeseburgers and eva mendes

Comment

• Tatonka
                            • Jul 2002

finally someone comments on my sarcasm.. sheesh.. that took forever.

Comment

• BillsNick
                              • Jul 2003

I agree 100% on the kick return game. I would like to see what brown does with his second chance, but I really like McGee back there as well. The kid plays hard every time he's on the field.

Comment

Working...
                              X