PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Debate...

BillsMan80
10-28-2002, 05:01 PM
BB.com reports Winfield and Big Mike will practice this week. Do we suit them up and have them give it a go this week if they are 80-90%? Or do we rest them and put our eggs in our current basket? On one hand, we have done very well with what we have the past 2 weeks, and we NEED Winfield and Williams for KC because of their offense, and we will need to put up points, however, I must say, knocking the Pats to 3-5 and making it a 2 team race in the AFC East and putting all the pressure on Miami is a very exciting thought. If we beat the Pats, ALL the pressure is on Miami because we have the bye. What do you guys think?

SoCalBillsFan
10-28-2002, 05:05 PM
It's not worth ruining one of their seasons to have them play this week. If they miss this week and get a bye, they will be back to 100 percent by KC.

THat being said, if they really are 90 percent, to the point where they wont aggrevate the injury, then let them play some.

I guess I'm pretty fickle :D

Romes
10-28-2002, 05:08 PM
Its good to see them on the practice field but that doens't mean that they are going to play.

I say make sure Winfield is 100% for the KC game. That game might even be more important than the NE game as far as the wildcard is concerned. I am more afraid of their O than the NE O. As far as Williams goes. i wouldn't push him since Price is playing well. In other words, no don't play them waight till they are both 100%

casdhf
10-28-2002, 05:09 PM
We need this game. They should play if at all possible. Especially Winfield. The Pats love those 5 WR sets

DraftBoy
10-28-2002, 05:13 PM
We are gonna need Winfield this week but we cant afford in the long run to rush him just for this game.

Top 5 DB's:
1. Clements
2. Watson
3. Prioleau
4. Jenkins
5. Wire

*not in any order

I think those 5 match up rather well to the other 5 guys on the oppositte end of the field.

Marcos20
10-28-2002, 08:05 PM
first of all .. hello .. im a bills fan from argentina , i have had a long time reading this forum but i never posted before.. so ... in my opinion .. Williams and Winfield both need to play .. we have a BYE week next so ... PUT THEM ON THE FIELD!!!

RedEyE
10-28-2002, 09:01 PM
Agreed! Every divisional game is important this season. Winfield may still be too banged up to play but BIGMIKE should be near 100% and ready to go.

*** Anyone else cringe when Jonas Jennings went down yesterday?

losman2evans
10-28-2002, 10:28 PM
Rest Winfield- He admits he won't be ready- Rush him back and we could lose him for the season if we rush him back.

Rest Williams, but dress him- let him play if he can if there is an injury to Jennings or Price. If it's Jennings move Price to left tackle and move Williams to his right tackle position.

We need to protect Drew at all costs

TigerJ
10-28-2002, 10:57 PM
I think Williams will be ready to play. I would at least put him on the active list so he could be available if needed. I would wait and see on Winfield. I don't see how Winfield can predict how well he's going to feel on a given date. One question I would have for those with a medical, what is the risk of further injury to someone coming back from scope surgery? It may not be a big risk. The larger issue might be his mobility/change of direction. If the footing is bad (snow) even perfectly healthy players may not be able to change direction very quickly.

InTheBox
10-29-2002, 09:27 AM
They should play if there 100%. But i think winfield needs to come back as soon as he can. Marcus price is doing a great job subing for williams so mike shouldn't come back into he's 100%.

vabillsfan
10-29-2002, 12:02 PM
Let 'em be healthy. WE're still a 1/2 back of Miami and if we both lose, nothing changes. It just lets the Pats sneak up to us but we should be taking care of our own business anyway. Get 'em healthy, take the bye and come out strong versus KC.

By the way there BillsMan80 - might wanna fix that signature on your post. I do believe Barry and the boys are bridesmaids once again!