A couple very good Bills articles.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ShadowHawk7
    Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
    • Mar 2003

A couple very good Bills articles.

If any of you guys got a PM from a Ricky Davis about AFCE-Rivals.com, I strongly recommend checking it out. This is a fairly new site, and not there aren't too many users. Also Bills fans are outnumbered by Jets fans about 8:1 so I could you some help over there. Once a lot of people use the site, it should be another great site, like BillsZone, to post your opinions, and learn about the Bills.
    There are a couple quite good orginal Bills articles there you can read on their front page, or thru these links.

A interesting take on the loss of Ruben Brown.

Vincent the catalyst on Bills Defense.

A VERY interesting take on why Henry missed some of the OTAs.

Enjoy. :push:
    "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
    -Vince Lombardi
  • Dozerdog
    In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
    • Jul 2002

Yeah- we didn't appreciate the 50 spam emails he sent out.

Comment

• TigerJ
      • Jul 2002

I think he is prone to hyperbole. Ruben Brown wasn't that much of a loss. Troy Vincent isn't that much of an upgrade. Travis Henry isn't terribly happy about the presence of McGahee, but doesn't hate him.
      I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• juice
        • Aug 2003

RB was the heart and soul of that line... High intensity player willing to do what it takes to protect his QB.

The TH and WM saga will play out during the season... it will be difficult to keep both happy.

"Hey, I was always aggressive. I always had lots of energy, thats why my teammates on the Bills started calling me Juice" PLAYBOY Dec.'76

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
          Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
          • Mar 2003

Originally posted by TigerJ
          I think he is prone to hyperbole. Ruben Brown wasn't that much of a loss. Troy Vincent isn't that much of an upgrade. Travis Henry isn't terribly happy about the presence of McGahee, but doesn't hate him.
          What's hyperbole? Over reacting? :???: I agree with the guys opinion though. If Ruben Brown is a big loss or not will be seen in the season. I think we are trying to rationalize his loss and that it won't do damage, like we did the loss of Price. Hopefully I'm wrong though. The other two articles provide good points to ponder on in this offseason lull.
          "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
          -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• TigerJ
            • Jul 2002

Hyperbole: overstatement or exageration to make a point

Ruben Brown was/is a good player and was, I think, respected in the locker room. I don't think he was the glue that held the line together. I don't think the line falls appart because he's gone.
            The release of Ruben at left guard and acquisition of Villarrial at right guard is probably closer to a wash than anything else.

Troy Vincent give the chance for a few more interceptions. His run support and tackling is not what Winfield's is. I think I'm happier with Vincent, but it's not like Winfield was a scrub
            I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• Schobel94
              The Sack Master
              • Jan 2003

Those have to be the worst articles I have ever read.

First of all, we all knew Ruben's skills were diminishing because we could see it, it's not rocket science. He simply did not look like the Ruben of 5 years ago, and his cap numbers were way to high. He goes on to state that we aren't experts, we aren't on the field, blah blah blah. Well, what makes you such an expert. You know just as much as we do. The experts are guys like Mularkey and Donahoe, who cut him. We didn't save just $1.8 mill, we saved much more on next years cap when we really need it to sign Jennings, Schobel, and Williams. If we had cut him next year or kept him, he would be a huge drag on the cap, by taking the hit this year, Donahoe has freed up a lot of money for next year.

Another thing, he compares protecting a goalie to protecting a QB. If someone gets in the face of your goalie, you have to teach him a lesson, even if it gets you a penalty. Fine. But since when is a false start at the 2 yard line teaching a lesson. Oh he sure showed them. And holding your opponent so he doesn't reach the QB isn't teaching him a lesson either, and it doesn't mean you're good or tough, it means you suck and have to hold to prevent guys from getting to the QB.

On the second article, I agree that Troy Vincent is a great addition, but he is hardly the catalyst for this defense. What was missing last year and what we sorely need is a great pass rusher, if we can't get pressure, we won't get turnovers no matter how good our corners are.

On the third article, he says that if Henry was in the best shape of his life, wouldn't he want to show it off to the coaches? That is just the dumbest thing I've ever heard. The guy is a pro bowl back whom everybody knows is in great shape, he doesn't have anything to prove to anybody. And if he really didn't want to be a Bill, why did he eventually show up to the OTA, not to mention all of the other OTA's that he showed up to. In today's NFL, if a player doesn't want to be part of a team, you hear about it, loud and often.

Anyway, just what I think about those articles. They just seem to be weird conclusions drawn from an uniformed individual.
              Beware the sack master!

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

Great OLmen don't have to commit penalties trying to protect their qb's.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Tatonka
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                  Great OLmen don't have to commit penalties trying to protect their qb's.
                  "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• Tatonka
                    • Jul 2002

except Kyle Turley....

i personally like olineman that rip opposing teams helmets off and chuck them like 50 yards down the field, and then get ejected.. that is what gets me fired up.
                    "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• ryjam282
                      Offical Billszone Starting QB
                      • Mar 2003

I thought all the articles were well written, but not very factual. Reuben will not be that big of a loss. Vincent is a very good corner and that still remains to be seen what his impact will be. The WM/TH saga will not end pretty no matter how we do it.

Ryan Withey
                      Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• zone
                        No, look. I do mind. The Dude minds.
                        • Oct 2003

I think that the O Line has no where to go but up. It can not get much worse. I don't think there is any glue in a line that gives up 50 SACKS!!
                        www.blzbus.com

Comment

• BillsFanInMass
                          The Stoner Zoner
                          • Feb 2003

That site has been down for a week or two

Comment

• Dozerdog
                            In a jar, on a shelf, next to the unopened Miracle Whip.

Administrator Emeritus
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Tatonka
                            except Kyle Turley....

i personally like olineman that rip opposing teams helmets off and chuck them like 50 yards down the field, and then get ejected.. that is what gets me fired up.
                            ....with 5 seconds left in the game and your team on the 5 needing a TD to win. ....while hanging on by a toenail to a playoff spot......

Comment

• Henryforprez
                              • Dec 2003

(This is Wolffman from AFCE-Rivals)

I appreciate you guys taking a look at my articles, I'll take your opinions to heart.

And by the way, the site is back up now and ready to go. :)

Comment

Working...
                              X