X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • TigerJ
    • Jul 2002

Peter King's AFC East prediction

I heard it on WGR today. I don't know if it's been published elsewhere, but he predicts Buffalo will beat out Miami in a close race for second behind the Patriots, and the Jets bringing up the rear.
    I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.
  • Bill Brasky
    Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
    • Jan 2004

That's great. Peter King is always right.

Sports writers are just like meteorologists... they get payed no matter how wrong they are and it never matters anyways.

Comment

• Samphin1
      • Mar 2004

Peter King never met a donut he didn't like. Screw that fat bastard and the twinkie he rode in on. Man am I drunk tongiht...

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Originally posted by Samphin1
        Peter King never met a donut he didn't like. Screw that fat bastard and the twinkie he rode in on. Man am I drunk tongiht...
        Very professional post.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Kramer
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers

Very professional post.
          Go get him Jan! Don't hold back now!!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
            Very professional post.
            pretty sure its not his profession.
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• TigerJ
              • Jul 2002

Well, actually, Peter King agrees with you, jfreeman. Well, sort of. He did say that prognostications aren't worth much and when they come true it's due more to luck than anything else. At least he's honest.
              I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                • Jul 2002

I seriously don't think the fins' O is gonna go anywhere this year. Too many question marks from the OC, OL ,QB and wr.
                sacrifice1
                https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/

Comment

• Bill Brasky
                  Drives an ice cream truck covered in human skulls
                  • Jan 2004

Originally posted by TigerJ
                  Well, actually, Peter King agrees with you, jfreeman. Well, sort of. He did say that prognostications aren't worth much and when they come true it's due more to luck than anything else. At least he's honest.
                  Yeah, at least he has enough balls to admit it. I will give him this... I've noticed he's right moreso than most other guys and he does seem to know what he's talking about. Chris Mortenson/John Clayton are ok too, but they have just about every contact in the NFL at their expense so it's impossible for them to be innaccurate. But other guys such as Dr. Z have no business collecting a pay check. This guy predicts a Rams/Raiders super bowl every year.

Comment

• elltrain22
                    • Sep 2003

Glad to see at least one sports writer can see what our team will do this year. I agree w/ NE at 1st, Buffalo 2nd, but I have the Jets in front of Miami, and the Phins in last, but I am kinda biast, since I always pick the Phins last, cause thats what they are.:pufpush:
                    If you walk with Jesus today, you don't have anything to worry about tomorrow...

Comment

• Dantheman1280
                      I am the Man!
                      • Mar 2004

we will do fine this year ill be happy with 9-7

Comment

• justasportsfan
                        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by elltrain22
                        Glad to see at least one sports writer can see what our team will do this year. I agree w/ NE at 1st, Buffalo 2nd, but I have the Jets in front of Miami, and the Phins in last, but I am kinda biast, since I always pick the Phins last, cause thats what they are.:pufpush:
                        Last year I picked the Pats first , Fins, Bills and Jets in that order. I am leaning towards the same thing order you have unless the fins start grabbing better/proven players for their OL and pomote Trestman to OC. The only way Boston pans out for the fins is if their qb is given time to throw. If not he'll be whining how he isn't getting the ball. He also has a potentially great wr in Chambers to share the catches which could be a problem for him.

The fins' season will rely heavily on their OL.

Then again we don't know what kind of D the Jets will be like this year.
                        sacrifice1

Comment

• Samphin1
                          • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan
                          Last year I picked the Pats first , Fins, Bills and Jets in that order. I am leaning towards the same thing order you have unless the fins start grabbing better/proven players for their OL and pomote Trestman to OC. The only way Boston pans out for the fins is if their qb is given time to throw. If not he'll be whining how he isn't getting the ball. He also has a potentially great wr in Chambers to share the catches which could be a problem for him.

The fins' season will rely heavily on their OL.

Then again we don't know what kind of D the Jets will be like this year.
                          While I agree that the fins offensive succes relies on the o-line, the same can be said for the Bills and most teams in the league. Eric Moulds will be 31 when the season starts, and ocming off some pretty bad injuries and a bad year. Your offensive line is somewhat new and will need time to get it together. Your other wide receivers are unproven, and a potential running back controversy could be a problem as well. I know you all will refute this but look at it objecitvely. Any of those things could happen, just like how any of those could click and be a plus.

As far as Miami goes. Our defense will be as good as ever. If O-gun does hold out, or is traded, we will lose some production on the D-line but we will still have the best D-line in the East. Linebackers now have some good depth from Bua and Moore. Both are essentially rookies but they have all kinds of talent and will excel on special teams. DB's are self explanatory. They are one of the best units in the league.

As for the offense, we have question marks. However, the mini camps have so far, showed us some things. Feeley has gotten better with each cmap and has has spurts where a ball hasn't hit the ground for a long stretch. Boston, who had an injury early but has since healed has been as consistant as the most hopeful Dolphin fan could expect. Between he and Chambers, they haven't dropped a pass in a while. I can't wait to see him when the pads come on.

As for the O-line, Carey is making his way onto the first team ahead of St. Clair ( big surprise there ) Jeno James has been dominant and the leader of the line. Seth McKinney hasn't had a bad thing said about him yet. Wade Smith has a a tough camp. But lining up against Jason Taylor each day, would be tough for any LT. Lt RG I think, are our biggest question marks. If those to solidify out. I think Miami will be in good shape.

I don't understand the reasoning for Miami being in last. They haven't had a losing season in forever and haven't really lost anyone significant to suggest they would have a drop off over last year. I also think everyone is underestimating the Jets. This division, could once again be the toughest in the league, as it was two years ago.

Comment

• justasportsfan
                            • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Samphin1

I don't understand the reasoning for Miami being in last. They haven't had a losing season in forever and haven't really lost anyone significant to suggest they would have a drop off over last year. I also think everyone is underestimating the Jets. This division, could once again be the toughest in the league, as it was two years ago.
                            Other than Villarial, our OL has been together for quite sometime. We can open lanes for our rb's. Gilbrides schemes+ rookie OL coach (Ruel)+Injured Moulds+ drew holding to the ball too long are part of the reasons as too why our OL looked worse than it really did when it cames to the passing game. Hopefully Mularkey simplified the schemes and Mcnally can bring the best out of this OL. The Talent is there, we just need someone to bring things together.

Moulds at 31 has nothing to do with it. He's had almost the same output as a young Chambers and doing it w/ a groin injury. I don't think he's close to being done. Barring injuries, I think he'll be in probowl form again this year.

As for the fins, just because they haven't had a losing season doesn't mean they will have a successful year. Up until now, they have always kept the team intact for years and continuity was there which is why they have remained competitive. No major revamps. Jimmy Johnson inherited a decent team from Shula, which again was inherited by Wanny. This is the first time I've seen the fins practically overhaul one side of the football and I don't think Wanny is the coach to be doing it.

I'm not trying to smack here, just going w/ my gut feeling. The Jets O could be as good as when Chad first came in, but like I said, we don't know wha their D will be like.

It's just my opinion and of course could be wrong.
                            sacrifice1

Comment

• Samphin1
                              • Mar 2004

Originally posted by justasportsfan

Other than Villarial, our OL has been together for quite sometime. We can open lanes for our rb's. Gilbrides schemes+ rookie OL coach (Ruel)+Injured Moulds+ drew holding to the ball too long are part of the reasons as too why our OL looked worse than it really did when it cames to the passing game. Hopefully Mularkey simplified the schemes and Mcnally can bring the best out of this OL. The Talent is there, we just need someone to bring things together.

Moulds at 31 has nothing to do with it. He's had almost the same output as a young Chambers and doing it w/ a groin injury. I don't think he's close to being done. Barring injuries, I think he'll be in probowl form again this year.

As for the fins, just because they haven't had a losing season doesn't mean they will have a successful year. Up until now, they have always kept the team intact for years and continuity was there which is why they have remained competitive. No major revamps. Jimmy Johnson inherited a decent team from Shula, which again was inherited by Wanny. This is the first time I've seen the fins practically overhaul one side of the football and I don't think Wanny is the coach to be doing it.

I'm not trying to smack here, just going w/ my gut feeling. The Jets O could be as good as when Chad first came in, but like I said, we don't know wha their D will be like.

It's just my opinion and of course could be wrong.
                              Jimmy perged quite a few people when he came in. In fact, in his first year, we went 8-8 mainly because he got rid of players that didn't fit into his system. His reasoning was that while we could have gone 10-6 or 11-5 with the players that were there, the Cap would have killed us and in a year or two's time, the team would have been in the same position as you guys were, salary cap hell. The thing about Jimmy though was that he never got to benefit form all the players he brought in. Sure we made the playoffs, but he never got to see their best year's due to his mother dieing and him losing passion for the coaching game. I think, had he stayed, it most likely would have led to more success for the Dolphins franchise.

Anyhow. Regarding the Bills line, I know Villarial was new, but I thought a couple of guys were playing new positions on your line this year form last? :confused2

Miami hasn't really gotten rid of key personell either though. We overhauled the O-line, but to be honest, that is what we wanted as fans and what was needed. Ruddy, Nails, Wade and Perry, wern't getting the job done. So now they are gone. We got younger and arguably, more talented in the process. Other than that, we have the same running back, wideouts + Boston and another QB to fight with Fiedler. Although, this year I think Fiedler starts with a clipboard in his hand. Defense is virtually the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X