• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Myers57
    Registered User and McLovin stunt double
    • Sep 2003

Sabres Radio Broadcasts Rights...

In September of 2001, Adelphia signed a 5 year broadcasting extension with the Buffalo Sabres. This deal covered both Television and Radio.

Now that WNSA is gone, what would happen to the radio contract? Will Adelphia have to be responsible for some way playing the games or would it forfeit that part of the contract and possibly send the games to WGR...

I hope not because living out here i cant get WGR in and I am really sad that WNSA is gone and the loss of radio sabres games...
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

WGR is awful

When Entercom who owns WGR55 bought out WNSA they got the contract rights to the SABRES. WGR was the official radio station of the SABRES until they moved to WHTT 104.1 FM which is Oldies 104 and then Oldies 104 decided they wanted to play thier music and that's how the SABRES wound up on WNSA until Entercom bought them out and now the SABRES are back on WGR55 which is sad because it's an AM station and it doesn't come in as great were I live all I get is static WGR is Awful!!! :angry:

Comment

• Michael82
      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by BillsChampsin04
      When Entercom who owns WGR55 bought out WNSA they got the contract rights to the SABRES. WGR was the official radio station of the SABRES until they moved to WHTT 104.1 FM which is Oldies 104 and then Oldies 104 decided they wanted to play thier music and that's how the SABRES wound up on WNSA until Entercom bought them out and now the SABRES are back on WGR55 which is sad because it's an AM station and it doesn't come in as great were I live all I get is static WGR is Awful!!! :angry:
      You might get this one better....

Buffalo Sabres hockey will be heard next season exclusively in Rochester on News Talk 950, WROC-AM. It has been some 5 years since the Sabres were heard on Rochester radio. News Talk 950 will broadcast all 82 regular-season games.

Comment

Working...
      X
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍