PDA

View Full Version : Fletcher or Wire?

mybills
10-28-2002, 10:00 PM
Why is Fletcher getting all the credit for that 4th & inches tackle? That guy was still moving towards the line when Wire slammed him back. Sure, London had him around the waist and was trying his best to contain him, but I think Wire needs to get some credit for the final blow! :rolleyes:

RedEyE
10-28-2002, 10:08 PM
Your right about Wire's help, but you can't discount the fact that Fletcher stood Stewart up. Fletcher read the play and clogged the hole while Stewart clearly had a full head of steam and all the momentum. Your right, it's a team effort, but Flethcer deserves most of the credit for that play - he was the cause.

Halbert
10-28-2002, 11:45 PM
Oh c'mon. Watch the replay from behind. Fletcher stepped into the hole, got down real low, and drove into a charging Stewart with his legs and stopped him cold with brute force. Stewart MIGHT (I repeat, might) have been able to twist around for the first down so Coy finishing him off was key insurance, but London made 95% of that tackle at least.

Quite frankly I didn't think he had it in him to stuff a power back like that but he did and it was very impressive.

Michael82
10-29-2002, 04:06 AM
I totally agree with Halbert and as I watch JJamezz's video many times, I paused it and it looked like Stewart couldn't move at all with Fletcher's hold on him and Eddie Robinson's hold from the back, but then Coy Wire comes at the end, close to when the play was whistled dead, and levels Stewart. He has a full head of steam and charges Stewart to the ground with the two LBs grabbing hold, taking them all down to the ground! :D

Michael82
10-29-2002, 04:09 AM
By the way...#51...Dashon Polk also stepped in and gave some of his gave to help get Stewart down to the ground. Oh, and you gotta love the way London Fletcher runs away from the pile at the end and goes to the middle of the field to point at the Bills logo! :up:

:gobills:

shelby
10-29-2002, 04:10 AM
What a play!!! Fletcher deserves the credit, but i must reiterate that i really, really like Coy Wire....that kid is intense!
:up:

The_Philster
10-29-2002, 04:57 AM
Originally posted by shelby
What a play!!! Fletcher deserves the credit, but i must reiterate that i really, really like Coy Wire....that kid is intense!
:up:

Oh c'mon....you just think he's cute. ;)

As far as DaShon Polk, he did a decent job earlier in the game as well when he stepped in for Keith Newman.

Buffarama
10-29-2002, 07:37 AM
Fletcher made a heck of a stop. And I remember thinking to myself, don't taunt, don't taunt, keep the helmet on.......

Judge
10-29-2002, 07:58 AM
Fletcher made the initial stop, and essentially halted the forward advance.

Wire finished him off, but Fletcher made the hit.

mybills
10-29-2002, 11:06 AM
None of us will ever know what would have happened without Wire's help. Fletcher could have just as easily lost his grip as he could have over powered the guy. But since Wire DID help (tremendously I might add) my point is Wire needs to get some credit for the final blow! He didn't seem to get enough credit from anyone IMO. That's all.

casdhf
10-29-2002, 11:09 AM
I know he still wouldn't have gotten the first.

Buffarama
10-29-2002, 01:26 PM
Wire helped finish him, but Fletcher stopped him cold and held him up until the help pushed him back, and he did it by himself. I was a rather remarkable stop. No one else was there soon enough to stop the first down.

BillsOwnAll
10-29-2002, 01:41 PM
i saw that too i think stewart woulda got 2 INCHES if wire did get there i think its like 60%fletcher40%wire

but its a team game so who cares

venis2k1
10-29-2002, 01:43 PM
Alot of linebackers couldnt of made that stop, but any FS in the league could have pushed Stewart back, Fletch made that play, But wire is coming along great, i cant wait till next year wire will be a real player, hopefully he will work hard this offseason

Billsouth
10-29-2002, 01:56 PM
no one is giving robinson any credit for helping out. he was more involved than wire.

Buffarama
10-30-2002, 07:16 AM
I don't know what replay you all saw, but Wire was there too late to stop the first down. Fletcher not only stopped him, but held him up for almost a second or two until help arrived. By then he would have had 2-3 yards.

StillLurkin
10-30-2002, 01:27 PM
does it really even MATTER??????????? the D stopped him, and the bills win. nothing ELSE matters!!!!!