PDA

View Full Version : Gatorade/ESPN limited edition label # 22 of 25

Voltron
06-28-2004, 08:44 AM
2 times I have seen the Bills on the limited edition labels

the first Was of corse, Wide right

Here is the second one :mad:

The Tennessee Titans return a Kickoff 75 yards down the sideline to lift them to a last-second 22-16 victory over the Buffalo Bills in the 2000 AFC Wild Card playoff game

No talk of the fact that the play is still contested today :rolleyes:

ryjam282
06-28-2004, 10:30 AM
To this day, that play still haunts me. That was the last shot we had at a legit Super Bowl run and it pains me. If Flutie was in that game, we win hands down....I still refer to that as the Motor City Forward Lateral everytime I am forced to talk about it.....DAMN IT!!!!

mypoorfriendme
06-28-2004, 01:01 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
Motor City Forward Lateral

:scratch:

tennessee = music city

detroit = motor city

Michael82
06-28-2004, 01:36 PM
:angry:ing FORWARD PASS! :mad:

http://play.rbn.com/?url=nfl/nfl/open/2003/titans/demand/show19miracle.rm&proto=rtsp

Michael82
06-28-2004, 01:55 PM
Damn I never saw this article...Interesting...even a HC/GM like Mike Holmgren said it was an illegal forward pass. :mad:

It's Saturday, 12:45 p.m. Pacific time. I'm in the lobby of the Seahawks' training complex, waiting for Mike Holmgren.

But I know where he is. He's back in his office, watching the most incredible play I've seen in a football game in a long time. I'm in the lobby because Seattle owner Paul Allen, bless him, has put an HDTV set there, and I'm watching the second half of the Bills-Titans game. It's here that I watch the weirdest play of the season.

Finally, after the 17th replay of the Frank Wycheck lateral-turned-winning-touchdown-
pass, Holmgren appears.

"Officials made the right call, didn't they?'' I say to Holmgren.

"Nope,'' Holmgren says. "That was a forward pass.''

I press on. Of course, the call looked bad at first blush, as if Wycheck threw the ball a couple of yards forward to Kevin Dyson, who then ran downfield 75 yards for the winning touchdown. But then, replay after replay began to show more and more doubt. The camera near the 25 seemed to show Wycheck, with his body on the 25 or maybe the 24.5, throwing a perfect spiral laterally to Dyson. I point this out to Holmgren, even enlisting the aid of a chair as yard-marker in the deserted lobby to help me, but he doesn't buy it. The referee, luckless Phil Luckett, should have overturned the call, Holmgren says.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2000/01/10/mmqb/

ryjam282
06-28-2004, 02:08 PM
Originally posted by mypoorfriendme

:scratch:

tennessee = music city

detroit = motor city

DUH!! :D

My bad

The_Philster
06-28-2004, 06:10 PM
Originally posted by Mikey82
Damn I never saw this article...Interesting...even a HC/GM like Mike Holmgren said it was an illegal forward pass. :mad:

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/inside_game/peter_king/news/2000/01/10/mmqb/
only problem with what Holmgen said was that Luckett couldn't overturn the call. There had to be definitive proof that the call was bad and there was no way to tell from the camera angles. However, Byron Boston was out of position on the play... from his vantage point it looked like a lateral. Had he been up where the play was going on, I think it would have been called a forward pass and Luckett would have let that stand as well.

mightyspaz
06-28-2004, 06:36 PM
It's commonly reffered to as the music city miracle..... But I'd hardly define that as a miracle from a Bills fan Point of view

saviorbledsoe
06-28-2004, 08:06 PM
I cant believe that the Titans STILL have no decentcy or brains to admit that it is OBVIOUSLY a forward pass!

And I have always said that if Flutie would have been in there it wouldnt have come down to that.

Marino13Phins
06-28-2004, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by Voltron
2 times I have seen the Bills on the limited edition labels

the first Was of corse, Wide right

Here is the second one :mad:

The Tennessee Titans return a Kickoff 75 yards down the sideline to lift them to a last-second 22-16 victory over the Buffalo Bills in the 2000 AFC Wild Card playoff game

No talk of the fact that the play is still contested today :rolleyes:

It was a lateral.

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 06:49 AM
your right....FORWARD.