PDA

View Full Version : David Boston's Training

LtBillsFan66
06-28-2004, 01:13 PM
http://www.charlespoliquin.net/pdf/bostonconnection.pdf

Tatonka
06-28-2004, 01:37 PM
funny... i didnt see the part where he takes his HGH daily.

ryjam282
06-28-2004, 01:51 PM
"David's gains were all-natural" "You must consider that Daqvid never seriously trained the large muscle groups such as the glutes and hamstrings, and that his diet was high in refined sugar and fast foods."

All natural, yeah right...39 pounds of muscle in 8 months, NO WAY. Especially on a diet that consists of any kind of fast foods.....How was he an athlete without working on his large muscle groups? All athletes do lots of leg lifts, squats, and bench presses and things. There is no way he would have gotten to the level he was at without strong legs or chest and arm muscles either.....

So, I guess I can just eat Mickey D's all day and just sit at home and do some squats and I will be fine huh? This is an absolute joke. I can't believe that people will actually call this company for help. If it works so well, why don't you read about this fast food diet in muscle magazines? Cause I know for sure, if I read it in there it must be true cause those guys live on egg whites and skinless chicken breast.....And most of them have one thing in common with David Boston....a needle in the buttocks every other week.

Pride
06-28-2004, 01:56 PM
I cant wait for this guys legs to break come opening day. He is a china doll of a man

CWOUSARET
06-28-2004, 02:08 PM
another proud, clean and all natural DULL-FISH!!!!!!! man do they ever SUCK!!!!

Samphin1
06-28-2004, 04:40 PM
Originally posted by Pride
I cant wait for this guys legs to break come opening day. He is a china doll of a man

And I can't wait for McGahee's knee to explode again along with Drew Bledsoe's chest. Come on man, wishing physical harm on anyone is classless.:sukrpnch:

The Spaz
06-28-2004, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
And I can't wait for McGahee's knee to explode again along with Drew Bledsoe's chest. Come on man, wishing physical harm on anyone is classless.:sukrpnch:

We're not wishing it's just something that has happened for the last few year's.

Samphin1
06-28-2004, 04:52 PM
Originally posted by ryjam282
"David's gains were all-natural" "You must consider that Daqvid never seriously trained the large muscle groups such as the glutes and hamstrings, and that his diet was high in refined sugar and fast foods."

All natural, yeah right...39 pounds of muscle in 8 months, NO WAY. Especially on a diet that consists of any kind of fast foods.....How was he an athlete without working on his large muscle groups? All athletes do lots of leg lifts, squats, and bench presses and things. There is no way he would have gotten to the level he was at without strong legs or chest and arm muscles either.....

So, I guess I can just eat Mickey D's all day and just sit at home and do some squats and I will be fine huh? This is an absolute joke. I can't believe that people will actually call this company for help. If it works so well, why don't you read about this fast food diet in muscle magazines? Cause I know for sure, if I read it in there it must be true cause those guys live on egg whites and skinless chicken breast.....And most of them have one thing in common with David Boston....a needle in the buttocks every other week.

Oy vey, you need some comprehension skills. What he was saying is that he weened Boston off of fast foods, not on them. He is saying that part of the reason for the weight gain was due to him being off of fast food ( i.e. simple carbs, high in fats and sugars). Also, what hemeans by not working the major muscle groups is just that. He stretched and did some basic excercises but never did a ton. Guys do it all the time. They spen a lot of time on their arms and chest and skip on working legs. Hamstrings, quad muscle, glutes, those are huge muscles groups. Much larger than Biceps and Pecs. It only makes sense that if you spend equal time or perhaps more time on the smaller muscle groups, and then change to spend more time on those larger groups, that they will develop and add weight.

Basically, his larger muscle groups were underdeveloped in conjunction to how big his arms and chest were. Since he has spent more time working on the Big muscles groups, they got bigger....duh.

Now, one bone of contention I have is this. It isn't natural. The dude takes 80-90 pills daily and has IV's runnign into his arms. I realize that by natural they mean legal substances were used. However, as an amateur weightlifter myself, I have a problem calling themselves natural while taking all kinds of supplements and IV drips. I take protein pills, creatine and a couple of other supplements and don't consider myself natural due to having those supplements. I don't think they should call him natural either. I don't think he is doing anything illegal (such as Barroids Bonds) just not natural.

Samphin1
06-28-2004, 04:54 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz

We're not wishing it's just something that has happened for the last few year's.

Well, the same can be said for my post too then. I cannot WAIT until McGahee tears his knee and Bledsoe's arteries try to escape his chest again. You see how terrible that sounds? that is exactly what the poster in question was saying about Boston's legs.

Marino13Phins
06-28-2004, 10:47 PM
They are just hoping that's what happens to Boston. Some bills fans here can't take it that he is finally be put under control, and he is start to listen to what coaches tell them.

Face it bills fans.... some of you are pretty worried about Boston being able to put up some big numbers.

Tatonka
06-28-2004, 11:42 PM
Originally posted by Williams34Phins
They are just hoping that's what happens to Boston. Some bills fans here can't take it that he is finally be put under control, and he is start to listen to what coaches tell them.

Face it bills fans.... some of you are pretty worried about Boston being able to put up some big numbers.

count me as one of the people who is very worried.

Samphin1
06-29-2004, 12:48 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka

count me as one of the people who is very worried.

Tatonka, you are one of the guys I like here. You seem to be honest no matter what. I have sene you take shots at Miami, and read posts where you give us due praise. There are some others on here who are the same way. And for that, I say have a drink on me! :beers:

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 06:46 AM

I'll admit I am worried that he is a very good receiver and could be great. But, he really hasn't gotten along with the coaches there and has already missed practices cause of a sore shin and gotten in shouting matches with the strength coach over the workouts. I don't know if he "under control", not to mention no matter how he does running his routes, he will still have Jay Fiedler and AJ Feely throwing the ball to him. That at least makes me feel better about it.

I will admit though, a guy that is 6'3 or so at 250 pounds still being able to run a 4.2 40. That is scary......

Jan Reimers
06-29-2004, 07:07 AM
Boston certainly has the physical tools, when healthy, to be a premier receiver. It is his attitude that FinFans should worry about, and that we should hope continues to ****** his career.

Goobylal
06-29-2004, 07:28 AM
Samphin: What makes you think Bonds is on roids and Boston is not? Making statements like that makes you a hypocrite when you call others homers.

Tatonka
06-29-2004, 07:41 AM
Tatonka, you are one of the guys I like here. You seem to be honest no matter what. I have sene you take shots at Miami, and read posts where you give us due praise. There are some others on here who are the same way. And for that, I say have a drink on me! :beers:

i am a bills fan, but i am not blind..

plus i tend to look at guys more in a fantasy football prespective anyways... while david boston probably wont put up ridiculous numbers in miami's system, if he is even 90% of what he was 2 years ago.. or 3 year ago, which is even scarier.. he can take over a game.. they will throw him the short screens and he will break tackles.

you have a very good starting three (when you include mcmichael) group of receivers.. and a good runner/pass catcher in ricky..

the line and qb are the questions for you.. about just as much as the bills.. maybe a bit more. but they are close.

justasportsfan
06-29-2004, 08:56 AM
I too am worried. He will have his ups and downs. He will have great days when things are going right and he will days where the headcase Boston will show up when he isn't getting his way . He can't help it, it's in his personality.

Anyone want the lotto nos. ? :D

Goobylal
06-29-2004, 08:57 AM
the line and qb are the questions for you.. about just as much as the bills.. maybe a bit more. but they are close.
So too is their OC.

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 10:33 AM
And we all know that OC is the key (kil-drive)

Samphin1
06-29-2004, 11:03 AM
Originally posted by Goobylal
Samphin: What makes you think Bonds is on roids and Boston is not? Making statements like that makes you a hypocrite when you call others homers.

When piles of evidence starts connecting David Boston to designer steroids, I will say the same thing. Barry's personal trainer, supplier and fellow athletes have stated that he was giving steroids. Combined with his staggering numbers this late in his career and the amount of injuries and general soreness he has had the past few years, shows me a mountian of evidence that he is on something. Now, all of that is still inconclusive, but there are a heck of a lot more signs pointing at Mr. Bonds than Boston.

Like I said, if reports start coming out that Boston is using illegal drugs and enhancements, I will be the first to condemn him, but for now, all we know he is on are a bunch ( and I mean a bunch) of supplements and IV's.

Also, someone was tlaking abotu how he is already a "problem" in Miami. Nothing could be further from the truth. The blow up with the strength coach? Miami has come out and publicly claimed those reports false. Take it for what it is. True he missed a day or two at the first QB camp due to an injury. Since then, he has been there on time and not dropped a pass while getting along with teammates. Reports have him and Randy McMicheal seemingly bonding during the plays they are off the field, and Feeley seems perfectly comfortable throwing the ball his way. Which, as a sidebar, AJ has picked up the offense greatly since our first camp and is quickly separating himself form Jay Fiedler.

I just thoughtI would give you an update. :peace:

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 12:22 PM
I haven't heard of Miami denying those reports of the blowup with the strength coach at all. Actually, I remember it being on the news down here, about how he blew up and didn't want to work out with there schedule and how Wannstedt was upset about him not complying to losing some of that weight.

As far as Bonds goes....I for one, hope it isn't true cause it is just amazing at what he can do at the plate. What staggering numbers has he had "as of late"? He has been an all star caliber player since joining the league and ever since going to the Giants in...92 (I think) he has been an absolutely dominant player and has continued to put up numbers every year. Sure, I know that isn't hitting 73 homers every year but he hasn't exactly been pitched too a whole lot either so how would he get a chance?

And what amount of injuries has he had? I know there is general soreness but that comes with any sport. Baseball players are throwing and running and swinging a bat everyday so how are they not supposed to get sore? Throwing takes it toll on your arm, and shoulder and rotator cuffs get stiff and things of that nature. Not to mention hammy's and groins get tight too, so a day off or a few isn't out of the question. I say, if you aren't going to say Boston is on them for gaining 39 pounds of muscle in 8 months then you can't condemn Barry without any kind of "real" evidence.

For baseball's sake, I sure hope Barry isn't proven to be on them cause it would sure throw a wrench into some of the records he is coming close to breaking.

One thing is for sure though, steroids or not, the eye this guy has at the plate and the pitches he chooses to swing at are amazing. He hardly ever chases a bad pitch, that part seems just amazing to me, having played the game and sometimes having less then 1/2 second to decide to swing or not and still being able to make such great contact so consistently like he does...That is simply amazing...

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 12:24 PM
Also, the fact that the Dolphins are sitting back and having to make a decision on whether to use Jay Fiedler or AJ Feely just makes me sit back and smile.....

Tatonka
06-29-2004, 12:38 PM
So too is their OC.

like our OC has proven alot

Tatonka
06-29-2004, 12:43 PM
Also, someone was tlaking abotu how he is already a "problem" in Miami. Nothing could be further from the truth. The blow up with the strength coach? Miami has come out and publicly claimed those reports false. Take it for what it is. True he missed a day or two at the first QB camp due to an injury. Since then, he has been there on time and not dropped a pass while getting along with teammates. Reports have him and Randy McMicheal seemingly bonding during the plays they are off the field, and Feeley seems perfectly comfortable throwing the ball his way. Which, as a sidebar, AJ has picked up the offense greatly since our first camp and is quickly separating himself form Jay Fiedler.

I just thoughtI would give you an update. :peace:

thanks for your report of blasphemous lies!!!!!

:snicker:

just out of curiousity.. have the dolphins had any luck being able to cancel their games in december so they have a chance at the playoff? :D

:jk:

Disgustipatex
06-29-2004, 01:02 PM

So, I guess I can just eat Mickey D's all day and just sit at home and do some squats and I will be fine huh? This is an absolute joke. I can't believe that people will actually call this company for help. If it works so well, why don't you read about this fast food diet in muscle magazines? Cause I know for sure, if I read it in there it must be true cause those guys live on egg whites and skinless chicken breast.....And most of them have one thing in common with David Boston....a needle in the buttocks every other week. [/B]

Are you stupid?

As for Boston and the strength coach arguing...That was San Diego. Not Miami. Maybe you should develop some better reading comprehension skills, and then things will work out better for you.

"Gamble and Boston have forged a quick and fruitful bond, unlike the problems Boston had with his previous strength coach in San Diego. The two men often have long philosophical discussions about nutrition." (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8852214.htm?ERIGHTS=-2791484923889037396miami::dynamatard@hotmail.com&KRD_RM=3somlrqjnjrrnrjjjjjjjjklll|Hohnfob|N)

The Spaz
06-29-2004, 01:03 PM

Wasn't collier an assistant d-coordinator? At least Clements has been on the offensive side of the ball.

The Spaz
06-29-2004, 01:09 PM
Originally posted by The Spaz
Wasn't collier an assistant d-coordinator? At least Clements has been on the offensive side of the ball.

Actually that was Joel Collier who got demoted to RB coach. That being said maybe Clements hasn't been an OC before but he sure in the hell has a lot of people to talk to to help him out if need be unlike Forester.

LtBillsFan66
06-29-2004, 01:11 PM
Poliquin is in the same circles as Bonds' trainer. I think they both have used "designer" roids.

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by Disgustipatex

Are you stupid?

As for Boston and the strength coach arguing...That was San Diego. Not Miami. Maybe you should develop some better reading comprehension skills, and then things will work out better for you.

"Gamble and Boston have forged a quick and fruitful bond, unlike the problems Boston had with his previous strength coach in San Diego. The two men often have long philosophical discussions about nutrition." (http://www.miami.com/mld/miamiherald/sports/football/8852214.htm?ERIGHTS=-2791484923889037396miami::dynamatard@hotmail.com&KRD_RM=3somlrqjnjrrnrjjjjjjjjklll|Hohnfob|N)

How am I stupid? The local news here is south Fl reported it was the Miami strength coach and now the Herald wants everyone to feel better about things and try and say it didn't happen? Nice try, why would it take this long to come out then if it happened in SD???? You my friend are the stupid one, for even being a fan of a team that wears the color teal and spends a 2nd round draft pick on a 3rd string QB....

Marino13Phins
06-29-2004, 02:08 PM

I agree, tatonka you are not bias when you talk about football, and I like that. I will give credit where credit is due, and I think Boston deserves some credit, by now he is usually in jail or hit someone and espn is all over it. I'm not saying Boston is going to be one of the top 5 WR in the league, but he can be.

Marino13Phins
06-29-2004, 02:10 PM

I'll admit I am worried that he is a very good receiver and could be great. But, he really hasn't gotten along with the coaches there and has already missed practices cause of a sore shin and gotten in shouting matches with the strength coach over the workouts. I don't know if he "under control", not to mention no matter how he does running his routes, he will still have Jay Fiedler and AJ Feely throwing the ball to him. That at least makes me feel better about it.

I will admit though, a guy that is 6'3 or so at 250 pounds still being able to run a 4.2 40. That is scary......

Good post, I agree with what you say, sokme of what I said was just to get this thread going because there were unfair shots taken at Boston. But your right, our qb situation is not very good, I think Feeley COULD do well this season, but we will see, only time will tell.

He may not be "under control" but I think his actions are more mild then they have been in the past.

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 02:15 PM
I agree 100% and I really think it is because he is back with his original WR coach now. The guy who coached him during his 1598 yard receiving year a few years back and he has to feel more comfortable. But, remember, he was super happy in SD until he realized that Brees couldn't get him the ball downfield. Feely has a decently strong arm without top notch accuracy and Fiedler has a more accurate one but less strong. So, it remains to be seen what they will do but they will have to be able to keep him happy over there to be successful.

Marino13Phins
06-29-2004, 02:17 PM
I agree 100% and I really think it is because he is back with his original WR coach now. The guy who coached him during his 1598 yard receiving year a few years back and he has to feel more comfortable. But, remember, he was super happy in SD until he realized that Brees couldn't get him the ball downfield. Feely has a decently strong arm without top notch accuracy and Fiedler has a more accurate one but less strong. So, it remains to be seen what they will do but they will have to be able to keep him happy over there to be successful.

Again, I can't agree more! I'm interested to see what they do, I really don't know who to go with for a qb, they each have what the other one lacks. I'm just worried they might try a 2 headed monster at qb, and that hardly ever works :-/

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Right, that is a tough situation and it is very similar to the Flutie/Johnson thing and it will divide some fans...They never work, remember what it did to you guys just 2 years ago with Fiedler and Ray Lucas? While one QB is in there if he struggles, be careful what you wish for cause the other QB might come in and be just as bad......But who knows, I am glad we have our franchise QB and there are no questions (as of yet) as to who our starter should be.

As far as my posts go, I try to stay unbiased as possible but it gets hard sometimes....I am like Tatonka, I try to think of other players as there fantasy football value so that is why I get skewed with Boston...He is known as "David BUST-in" in a few of my leagues but he can dominate WHEN HE WANTS TO, the trick is getting him to want it and I believe with him being the #2 this year he will have so much more opportunity to excel and not have to be the go to guy. It might be just what he needs, but again as long as the QB can get him the ball.

Marino13Phins
06-29-2004, 02:28 PM
Right, that is a tough situation and it is very similar to the Flutie/Johnson thing and it will divide some fans...They never work, remember what it did to you guys just 2 years ago with Fiedler and Ray Lucas? While one QB is in there if he struggles, be careful what you wish for cause the other QB might come in and be just as bad......But who knows, I am glad we have our franchise QB and there are no questions (as of yet) as to who our starter should be.

As far as my posts go, I try to stay unbiased as possible but it gets hard sometimes....I am like Tatonka, I try to think of other players as there fantasy football value so that is why I get skewed with Boston...He is known as David BUST-in in a few of my leagues but he can dominate WHEN HE WANTS TO, the trick is getting him to want it.

True, the thing about the Lucas/Fiedler situation, were people were just tired of Fiedlers avg play, and when he went down, Lucas couldn't even offer that. I mean he had what 7 turn overs on his own against you guys that game? Like he was actually dropping balls and missing wide open WR by a good 10 yards, no word of a lie. And couldn't even drop back half the tiem without falling down.

As far as Bledsoe goes, I wouldn't mind having him obviously. Last year was a tough year for him, I don't doubt he will bounce back unless something goes wrong with the oline, and you need the emergence of a #2 WR, esp if something were to nag Moulds through some of the year again.

Yes, I too am big on fantasy football, so I look at things the way you do. As much as I like boston, and his potential.... he probably won't end up on any of my teams this year, unless I can get him late.

ryjam282
06-29-2004, 02:41 PM
Very good post. I remember that Lucas game and I still sit back and laugh sometimes at how bad he actually was. It is rare to see a pro struggle that bad. I love Bledsoe as well, I was so happy when we got him and I know for a fact that it was because of our offensive line as to why he was so bad last year and I know we will be much better as a result this year but only because of our running game and if that succeeds then Drew won't be blitzed as much in turn having a little more time and when he has time, he is still deadly. No one can argue that.

I sure hope Evans impresses cause we did miss that #2 last year taking some heat off of Moulds and I know Josh Reed will be much better in the slot as he will be more comfortable.

As far as fantasy football goes, I wouldn't go for Boston until at least the 8-9 round at the eariliest and still not even there probably. I watch the preseason very closely to see how players are gelling together and things like that so we will see.

Marino13Phins
06-29-2004, 02:44 PM
I too watch the preseason for it, but I'm careful where I put my stock, based on the players that are in, and the vanilla play calling.

And yea, even I laughed at that Lucas game after I had my 4th meltdown of the game. I don't think you will ever see another pro athlete struggle that bad ever again, I really felt bad for the guy.

Goobylal
06-29-2004, 02:49 PM

The difference is that Mularkey will help Clements out with gameplans, as will Wyche. Who will help out Foerster? The guy who he's replacing (Collier) who's never been an OC before? Trestman or Sullivan who both are gunning for his job? At least Clements knows that Mularkey and Wyche aren't interested in his job.

Samphin1
06-29-2004, 03:44 PM
Ryjam. Barry actually has people that were around him, that were his Personal trainers and suppliers testifying and caught up in this mess. That is a heck of a lot more daming then someone gaining muscle by working parts of their body that were underdeveloped, changing their diet and taking supplements ( legal ones ). Also note that Boston is 25 and was 23 when he started packing on weight. In other words, in his prime body building age. Bonds is going on 40 and has packed on just as much weight while being on the "downside" of his athletic career.

Bonds "staggering" stats? Do I really need to go over them? His Homeruns have gone through the roof later in his career, he is hitting them and a higher rate as well. While I do not deny he is and was a great player, I qustion the body building techniques of his and how it has affected some of his stats.

As for his eye for the baseball. It is excellent but he gets calls as well. Like Jordan used to get foul calls, Bonds doesn't swing and the ump will sometimes call it a ball amost by default. However, that isn't really his fault, and he isn't the only one who gets those calls.

He also get smore than just "sore" His back is bad, his hamstrings "hurt" after jogging out a double and his knees hurt so bad that he takes 2 games off each week basically. He hardly ever (if ever) plays a day game following a night game. I could see that if he were a catcher, but as an outfielder, it looks funny. That sounds alarmingly like injuries, peopel who use roids get. Basically, their muscle mass gets to heay for their tendons and ligaments to hold and start breaking down. Hence the bad knees, back and extra time off. Like I said, Barry has a hell of a lot more evidence piled up against him, than Boston does him.

As for the records, they won't change. He could breka Aaron's record then admit he had mulitple needles up his butt for the past 6 years and his records will still be there. Andro is a banned substance ow, but Big Mac's records still stand. Baseball couldn't suffer that type of blow to wupe out Barry's records, and there would be an uproar.

As for the Foerester comments. I haven't read anywhere that Sullivan wanted his job. I had heard reports that Trestman wanted more control over the offense...but he is the ASSISTANT HEAD COACH as well as QB coach. So him wanting more say, isn't really him stepping over boundaries. I think Miami should have done a better job of job titles though so that no confusion came of it, but oh well.

Also, Lucas was in due to Fiedler being injured, not because they were trying a two headed monster approach. Fiedler broke his thumb against Denver whilel eading a comeback. Lucas was just the backup. Granted we felt comfortable with him, at least until he came in, it most definately wasn't a two headed monster approach.

Also, Fiedler may be more accurate on the short routes, for now, but Feeley far outweighs him in overall strength and long ball accuracy. He has hit the receivers in stride down the field. The only reports of him struggling are with the short little "touch" pass routes. Trestman has been working on that with him. while he has a ways to go, he has vastly improved himself since when we first signed him.

Tatonka
06-29-2004, 03:53 PM
I agree, tatonka you are not bias when you talk about football, and I like that.

i think your swell too. :D

The difference is that Mularkey will help Clements out with gameplans, as will Wyche. Who will help out Foerster? The guy who he's replacing (Collier) who's never been an OC before? Trestman or Sullivan who both are gunning for his job? At least Clements knows that Mularkey and Wyche aren't interested in his job.

point taken... from you and spaz.