PDA

View Full Version : Mike Lucas: Evans, Krumrie now on the same page

The_Philster
06-28-2004, 05:47 PM
Over the last five years, Lee Evans passed Tim Krumrie in the hallway nearly every day. It was a good way to get to know a person. Or about one. You see, before and after every practice, Evans walked right past Krumrie's plaque, which is hanging just outside the University of Wisconsin football locker room in the McClain indoor facility. Krumrie, the third-leading tackler in school history, was a two-time All-American nose guard in the early '80s for Dave McClain, the former UW head coach.

In a sense, then, Evans, the Badgers' all-time leading receiver, got to know Krumrie before he really got to know Krumrie. Or meet him. As it was, their first formal introduction took place in advance of the 2004 National Football League draft when Evans visited the Buffalo Bills' training complex in Orchard Park, N.Y...
more (http://www.madison.com/captimes/sports/uw/football/77262.php)

Jan Reimers
06-29-2004, 07:14 AM
You gotta love a warrior like Krumrie, even if he is from Wisconsin - one of my least favorite schools. Sounds like Evans has a real good attitude, too.

Goobylal
06-29-2004, 07:23 AM
Respecting your elders, who have earned it, is always an admirable trait. I'm sure Krumrie was very impressed, especially the "oh, he played" part.

Tatonka
06-29-2004, 07:52 AM
Wearing a tight-fitting black Harley-Davidson T-shirt and a misshapen straw cowboy hat, Krumrie has never looked in better shape. That has a lot to do with his work habits, which haven't changed appreciably since his playing days. He runs three miles in the morning and three miles in the afternoon. His daily routine also includes pushups, a ton of pushups, and situps - two sets of 700 situps each. Some days he will do more than 1,400 situps, much more. "That's how I relieve stress," he explained. "I call it my anger management."

:eek:

Ebenezer
06-29-2004, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
He runs three miles in the morning and three miles in the afternoon. His daily routine also includes pushups, a ton of pushups, and situps - two sets of 700 situps each. Some days he will do more than 1,400 situps, much more.

why do I have a feeling he is in better shape and would be more effective than Ryan Denney?

Michael82
06-29-2004, 10:31 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
Wearing a tight-fitting black Harley-Davidson T-shirt and a misshapen straw cowboy hat, Krumrie has never looked in better shape. That has a lot to do with his work habits, which haven't changed appreciably since his playing days. He runs three miles in the morning and three miles in the afternoon. His daily routine also includes pushups, a ton of pushups, and situps - two sets of 700 situps each. Some days he will do more than 1,400 situps, much more. "That's how I relieve stress," he explained. "I call it my anger management."

:eek:

He runs around the practice field for about a half hour after each training camp session. I saw him doing it last year.

B-DON
06-29-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

why do I have a feeling he is in better shape and would be more effective than Ryan Denney?

ROFL