X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Training Camp Schedule Takes On New Look

With Bills training camp just a month away it's interesting to look at the tentative practice schedule and quickly see that double sessions won't be as few and far between as they were last year. Head coach Mike Mularkey has scheduled a week's worth of two-a-days at St. John Fisher which is more than twice as many as the Bills had last year (three).

"You're at training camp for a reason," said Mularkey. "You're creating your team's identity."

While the players are expected to hit more than they have in the past, Mularkey, a former NFL player himself, realizes they can't go overboard.

"You've got to be smart about it," he said, "You can't do it like you used to when you had 100-something guys in camp."

At the conclusion of the spring organized team activities in mid-June Mularkey urged his players to spend the next six weeks with their families and friends. He wants their batteries recharged for what is always a long and grueling season. At the same time he doesn't want them to have football completely off the brain.

• Michael82
    • Jul 2002

Gregg went wayyy too easy last year.

Comment

• Jan Reimers
      Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
      • May 2003

I like the tougher approach. This team, coming off a 6-10 season and 3 straight years of missing the playoffs, has not earned the right to a Marv Levy-type camp.
      Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Michael82
        • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
        I like the tougher approach. This team, coming off a 6-10 season and 3 straight years of missing the playoffs, has not earned the right to a Marv Levy-type camp.
        EXACTLY!

Comment

• Kramer
          • May 2004

Originally posted by Jan Reimers
          Good point Jan. I may add further that the extra 2 a days will help toughen this team up a bit.

Comment

Working...
          X