PDA

View Full Version : Dropped football brought Ralph and Mary Wilson together

Cntrygal
10-29-2002, 07:15 AM
Click on the link in my signature for other stories. ;)

The first lady of the Buffalo Bills tools around in a PT Cruiser featuring a charging buffalo on the car doors and brake lights that flash, “Go Bills.” Mary Wilson is such a fan of the team that if she had her druthers, she would paint her face red and blue, don a replica Drew Bledsoe jersey and whoop it up in the stands.

“I know Ralph probably would cringe at the thought of that, but I think that would be so much fun,” she says, laughing before a recent game at the stadium named after her husband, Bills owner Ralph Wilson. “You wouldn’t believe how into it I am.”

http://www.democratandchronicle.com/sports/bills/1029story074635_bills.shtml

Buffarama
10-29-2002, 07:33 AM
Could Ralph's wife take over the team someday without all the tax implications?

Earthquake Enyart
10-29-2002, 07:58 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
“You wouldn’t believe how into it I am.” [/i]

I think Ralph is still getting some!

:hump:

InTheBox
10-29-2002, 08:10 AM
Originally posted by Earthquake Enyart

I think Ralph is still getting some!

:hump:
:spanku:
:lol:

Earthquake Enyart
10-29-2002, 08:13 AM
Ralph used the old dropped football trick to pick her up....

casdhf
10-29-2002, 08:58 AM
no wonder he has that red and yellow twinkle in his eye

Judge
10-29-2002, 09:09 AM
Originally posted by Buffarama
Could Ralph's wife take over the team someday without all the tax implications?

With some estate planning that any attorney with a little estate know-how understands, I believe so!

Buffarama
10-29-2002, 09:22 AM
She loves the Bills, maybe she is the answer to our stability!

lordofgun
10-29-2002, 09:40 AM
He needs to divorce her and marry some real young chick that's a Bills fan. That way, the Bills can be around for a long time! :D

Judge
10-29-2002, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
He needs to divorce her and marry some real young chick that's a Bills fan. That way, the Bills can be around for a long time! :D

She's younger than he is. He's doing well for himself with her.

The estate planning would probably help her avoid any tax consequences, but I don't think she could do much about avoiding an estate tax consequence to her beneficiaries unless the federal estate tax remains repealed after 2010.

lordofgun
10-29-2002, 10:44 AM
So we just have to hope Raplh bites the big one in 2010, right?

Judge
10-29-2002, 11:24 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
So we just have to hope Raplh bites the big one in 2010, right?

Yes, or that he does some estate planning so that his wife takes the team in an unlimited marital deduction /qualified terminal interest property trust where she pays no estate tax, and the estate tax hit gets skipped to her heirs. Then, if the estate tax is truly repealed after 2010 (as of right now the law expires, meaning the estate tax will return in 2011, but that could likely change), then there would never be an estate tax problem.

For information only- please don't consider this to be legal advice, and please be aware that no attorney-client relationship is created, Mr. Wilson!!

I'm not an estate tax lawyer, but from my understanding there is that type of setup that allows the surviving spouse to inherit the decedent's estate and avoid the tax- any estate tax lawyers out there who can respond?

:biggrin:

Buffarama
10-29-2002, 12:20 PM
Billfanzone.com solves another Buffalonian sports dilemma!!! How do we do it.......

doug45
10-29-2002, 03:41 PM
She is a very nice lady my wife spoke with her and Ralph for about a half an hour at camp a few years ago. She was very down to earth.

Michael82
10-29-2002, 04:29 PM
Hmmm, I think we got our savior! When Ralph passes away, Mary takes over the Buffalo Bills. She could probably work with Tom Donahoe or whomever to split the team's power and keep the Bills in Buffalo FOREVER!!! :up: