PDA

View Full Version : If you were FORCED to choose between...

lordofgun
06-30-2004, 11:05 AM
...Bills season tickets or having NFL Sunday Ticket at home...

Which would you choose and why?

Mr. Miyagi
06-30-2004, 11:11 AM
I'd take the Sunday Ticket, cuz I can't go to the games anyways. :D

lordofgun
06-30-2004, 11:16 AM
For me, it would depend on how close I was to OP.

If it wasn't a 3-hour trip, I'd take seasons over the ticket. But I don't want to drive 6 hours every other sunday and miss the rest of the games.

2-3 games per year is fine with me. I'll watch the rest in my living room. :up:

Patrick76777
06-30-2004, 11:18 AM
I'm 10 minutes from the Stadium. I'd take the tickets every time. Nothing like being at the game.

Ebenezer
06-30-2004, 11:19 AM
Originally posted by lordofgun
...Bills season tickets or having NFL Sunday Ticket at home...

Which would you choose and why?

where do I live?? If I am in OP then I choose Bills Tix...if I am in Florida I choose the NFL ticket.

Mr. Miyagi
06-30-2004, 11:19 AM
So what you're saying is, you'll take the Sunday Ticket and pay for a couple of live games yourself.

Good choice. :up:

BFBills
06-30-2004, 11:20 AM
no brainer...i dont care bout the other teams ne ways...season tickets

LtBillsFan66
06-30-2004, 11:21 AM
I chose to run the largest Bills Backers and watch the game with hundreds of fellow fans at at bar that has NFL ticket. :up:

lordofgun
06-30-2004, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi
So what you're saying is, you'll take the Sunday Ticket and pay for a couple of live games yourself.

:up:

Originally posted by Ebenezer
where do I live?? If I am in OP then I choose Bills Tix...if I am in Florida I choose the NFL ticket.

Dude, you don't even know where you live? :eek:

Tatonka
06-30-2004, 11:30 AM
nfl ticket.. and wouldnt ever think twice about it.

clumping platelets
06-30-2004, 11:32 AM
Tickets

Jan Reimers
06-30-2004, 11:37 AM
I have both now, and love them both. Despite my 11 hour drive, I would keep my tix - I like the excitement of being there.

I would go to my favorite sports bar to watch the away games that I couldn't get locally.

Ebenezer
06-30-2004, 11:39 AM

that was rhetorical for the sake of your question...:rolleyes:

madness
06-30-2004, 11:45 AM
NFL ticket. Besides the obvious fact that I'm too far away, you get to watch any game. Combine that with their internet website, you're updated on all the action with the listed the channel. Enjoy the Bills and watch the Dolphins cough up another one? Now that's priceless.

chernobylwraiths
06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Tatonka
nfl ticket.. and wouldnt ever think twice about it.

:up:

It's a no brainer to me. I like going to the games and all, but with the family and things, I just don't like the all day commitment of being at a game. I like to be able to get food when I want and not miss any action. Plus I get to watch any game I want.

I would miss the peeing in the sink though. I don't think the wife would let me do that. :)

ryjam282
06-30-2004, 12:33 PM
Originally posted by Ebenezer

Hey, that's me...:( I love the ticket as I don't have much chance of flying up there from FL so I get the next best thing....And I can keep an eye on all my fantasy players as well.

TigerJ
06-30-2004, 12:53 PM
See Mr. Miyagi's first post.

B-DON
06-30-2004, 02:03 PM
The Ticket for sure. besides watching every game possible i dont have to wake up until right before 12 to tune in. helps after a long saturday night

SabreEleven
06-30-2004, 02:07 PM
For me, it would depend on how close I was to OP.

If it wasn't a 3-hour trip, I'd take seasons over the ticket. But I don't want to drive 6 hours every other sunday and miss the rest of the games.

2-3 games per year is fine with me. I'll watch the rest in my living room. :up:

You aren't a real fan :down: poser

Tatonka
06-30-2004, 02:08 PM
fantasy football is a close second to the bills games.. i have to be able to keep up with that considering i have at least 400$ invested in it every year between all the leagues combined costs.

Bufftp
06-30-2004, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by billsfanone
I chose to run the largest Bills Backers and watch the game with hundreds of fellow fans at at bar that has NFL ticket. :up:
brilliant :up:

JefftheBillsfan
06-30-2004, 02:15 PM
ive never had either, but how can you turn down the rush you get walking into the stadium on a cool crisp autumn day?

Tatonka
06-30-2004, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by JefftheBillsfan
ive never had either

you are obviously not a real fan then.

leave please.

:jk:

THATHURMANATOR
06-30-2004, 03:04 PM
Season tix of course.

Kramer
06-30-2004, 03:20 PM
Originally posted by Jan Reimers
I have both now, and love them both. Despite my 11 hour drive, I would keep my tix - I like the excitement of being there.

I would go to my favorite sports bar to watch the away games that I couldn't get locally.

You have season tickets and an 11 hour drive to the game? Now that is a Bills fan!! Where exactly do you live such that the drive to the game is 11 hours??

The Spaz
06-30-2004, 03:24 PM
How could you not want to be at the game?:idunno::shakeno:

Jan Reimers
06-30-2004, 03:29 PM
Originally posted by Kramer
You have season tickets and an 11 hour drive to the game? Now that is a Bills fan!! Where exactly do you live such that the drive to the game is 11 hours??

My wife and I drive 650+ miles each way from the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The only really bad thing is the trip home on Monday after a loss.

chernobylwraiths
06-30-2004, 03:34 PM

My wife and I drive 650+ miles each way from the Outer Banks of North Carolina. The only really bad thing is the trip home on Monday after a loss.

I just talked to a guy who lives in NC and had a business trip to the Outer Banks. He said it was beautiful and would like to live there.

I live just a 20-30 minute drive from OP in Tonawanda and it is a bit of a hassel to me. I don't drink much though, so that might have something to do with it. :)

The_Philster
06-30-2004, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by Patrick76777
I'm 10 minutes from the Stadium. I'd take the tickets every time. Nothing like being at the game.
:hi5:

:lol:

ive never had either, but how can you turn down the rush you get walking into the stadium on a cool crisp autumn day?

Excellent question. :up:

Jan Reimers
06-30-2004, 05:40 PM
I'm amazed that anyone would give up his or her season tickets to watch the games on TV, even as a hypothetical. Home games at the Ralph are a truly incredible experience, which the NFL Sunday Ticket can't come anywhere near.

lordofgun
06-30-2004, 07:05 PM
I'm amazed that anyone would give up his or her season tickets to watch the games on TV, even as a hypothetical. Home games at the Ralph are a truly incredible experience, which the NFL Sunday Ticket can't come anywhere near.

You da man, Jan!

CWOUSARET
06-30-2004, 07:08 PM
no choice - i already have the dtv nfl sunday package.

JefftheBillsfan
06-30-2004, 09:50 PM
just to clarify, if marv levy caught you a few of you oddballs out at the game, and asked "where would you rather be, than right here, right now"...

some of you would rather be home flipping between the bills game while counting priehst holme's TDs for the day?

youve got to be kidding me

Dozerdog
06-30-2004, 09:54 PM
Originally posted by Mr. Miyagi

Do both- I am......

Dozerdog
06-30-2004, 09:56 PM
If you live in or near Buffalo- the Sunday Ticket won't do you any good. They will black out the games at home unless they sell out- then they are on local TV anyway.

lordofgun
06-30-2004, 10:28 PM
some of you would rather be home flipping between the bills game while counting priehst holme's TDs for the day?

On my second TV and during commercials, yes. :up:

The_Philster
07-01-2004, 02:54 AM
just to clarify, if marv levy caught you a few of you oddballs out at the game, and asked "where would you rather be, than right here, right now"...

youve got to be kidding me

They've gotta be :coocoo:

Gunzlingr
07-01-2004, 11:14 AM
I don't get either

jdbillsfan
07-01-2004, 11:30 AM
Sunday ticket, combined with Tivo is the best.

If I didn't play Fantasy Football, I might say going to the game is better, even so....61" HD at home with wings and pizza is tough to beat.

elltrain22
07-01-2004, 09:57 PM
NFL sunday is cool and all, but nothing beats actually being at the ralph, and for the whole season, sorry, thats a no brainer for me.

Jan Reimers
07-02-2004, 05:58 AM
Originally posted by elltrain22
NFL sunday is cool and all, but nothing beats actually being at the ralph, and for the whole season, sorry, thats a no brainer for me.

You've got it right, ell.

McBFLO
07-02-2004, 10:13 AM
Originally posted by Patrick76777

Couldnt agree with you more.

BuffaloRanger
07-07-2004, 01:25 AM
I'll have Both.

I'll be driving 4 hours each way for every Bills Home Game. But I have friends to stay with, so I'll make a long, drunken weekend out of it.

Driving 4 hours to see a game in person is no big deal to me. I used to drive 3 hours each way to watch Bills games on DTV with my cousin in Texas. I had the Football Package too, but it's better watching games with friends.

I'll have the NFL ticket to watch Bills Away Games + other games.

My new wife is going to hate "Direct Ticket Football Sunday." She will be disappointed when I am "completely useless and am contributing nothing to the relationship" on those days. I can hear the *****ing now. "Why do you have to watch football all day??"

But after a Bills loss, I hate watching other games. I don't want to see another team's happy fans. If my wife finds this out she may just start cheering against the Bills. Then I'll have to find a new Mrs BuffaloRanger.

Michael82
07-07-2004, 05:21 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
But after a Bills loss, I hate watching other games. I don't want to see another team's happy fans. If my wife finds this out she may just start cheering against the Bills. Then I'll have to find a new Mrs BuffaloRanger.

I totally agree with you there. If the Bills lose, I don't even care about the 4:00 game. I'm usually in too bad of a mood.

BTW....did you ever get the Zone tshirt that I sent you? Let me know. :D

BuffaloRanger
07-08-2004, 02:56 AM
Sure did, thanks! Check your PM.

lordofgun
07-08-2004, 10:18 AM
Originally posted by BuffaloRanger
I'll have Both.

:mad: