X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • justasportsfan
    • Jul 2002

Clayton: It's The Final Countdown

Coach Mike Mularkey is using an on-the-field clock to remind the inner clock in Drew Bledsoe's head to release the ball quicker, but Bledsoe's best learning tools may be the hands of running backs Travis Henry and Willis McGahee. The Bills completed only 60 passes to running backs last season, 33 fewer than in 2002. Henry and McGahee are excellent receivers and using them more in the passing offense is one way to cure Bledsoe's tendency to hold on to the ball.

Visit ESPN for Buffalo Bills live scores, video highlights, and latest news. Find standings and the full 2024 season schedule.
    sacrifice1
    https://theinterviewwithgod.com/video/
  • ryjam282
    Offical Billszone Starting QB
    • Mar 2003

That sounds like a pretty good idea. I hope it works out.

Ryan Withey
    Owner/President/GM/Director of Player Personnel

Kansas City Super Deuces

Comment

• justasportsfan
      • Jul 2002

If Mularkey can also get the TE's involved (aside from the RB's)and turn one of them into a Coates, Drew would have another passing weapon. All these of course will have to take a backseast from our running game. The lesser Drew has to throw the ball, the better.
      sacrifice1

Comment

• tampabay25690
        • Feb 2004

I don't think that is true at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we establish a running game Drews arm may be the best thing the Bills offense has, more you run the ball the better the playaction pass will be. If I was a defense playing against the Bills I would be a little worried how many LB's will be able to cover Willis and Travis coming out of the backfield when we have them both in the backfield!!!!!!
        GO Gators!!!!!!
        GO GATORS!!

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
          All-Pro Zoner
          • Jul 2003

It should be a little of both.

The DUH factor involved with using the swing pass to Henry is amazing to me how GW and KG didnt use that last year. I would like to see lots of screens, run plays and maybe once in a while go deep when they dont expect it. Just wait you guys...this offense is going to be very very good this year.

AFCE Champs in o4!

Comment

• Tatonka
            • Jul 2002

i think they should wire a little voltage to drews cup.. and when 3-4 seconds have passed.. and he has not thrown the ball.. they zap him..

he would learn quick, like dogs do with invisible fences.

i mean, a guy can only take so many zaps to the nuts before you have his FULL attention right?
            "All hockey players are bilingual. They know English and profanity." ~ Gordie Howe

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
              All-Pro Zoner
              • Jul 2003

they should have shocked your fathers nuts and maybe we would be spared your sick humor right now :)

Comment

• Ickybaluky
                • Jul 2003

It sounds like you guys are going to be pretty much unstoppable.

Comment

• Kramer
                  • May 2004

The electrical short circuiting of a mans testicles is a matter that should be taken very seriously. When warranted, one must consider how much voltage is applied and for how long. Do you want to fry them badly enough so that they take on the appearance of Rocky Mountain Oysters? Or do you just want to cause the subject to pass out?

Comment

• justasportsfan
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by tampabay25690
                    I don't think that is true at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we establish a running game Drews arm may be the best thing the Bills offense has, more you run the ball the better the playaction pass will be. If I was a defense playing against the Bills I would be a little worried how many LB's will be able to cover Willis and Travis coming out of the backfield when we have them both in the backfield!!!!!!
                    That would be good if he was the Drew of old.

Based on last year, Drew was missing his targets even 10 yds down. Until he poves he can consistently play like he did against the Jags last year (that was the best run openning up the pass game all year) it's safe to say keep the ball away from him ASAP before he start turning gold into garbage.
                    sacrifice1

Comment

• McBFLO
                      • Mar 2003

Originally posted by Tatonka
                      i think they should wire a little voltage to drews cup.. and when 3-4 seconds have passed.. and he has not thrown the ball.. they zap him..

he would learn quick, like dogs do with invisible fences.

That is awesome!
                      i mean, a guy can only take so many zaps to the nuts before you have his FULL attention right?
                      Originally posted by NE39
                      Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• McBFLO
                        • Mar 2003

whoops!
                        Infrequent poster, daily visitor.

Eternal optimist.

Follow me on twitter @CoreyMc81

Comment

• don137
                          • Jul 2002

Could you imagine Kelly working the no huddle with offense with McGahee and Henry in the backfield. He could look at who is in for the defense and there coverage and call the play accordingly. We have speed, great possession guys at WR and two versatile RB's. Kelly would have a field day in this offense.

Comment

• Voltron
                            • Jul 2002

Well acording to Savior Drew is going to be

Get all the fools on your side and you can be elected to anything.
                            - Frank Dane

"The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who are not."
                            -Thomas Jefferson

The rule is perfect: in all matters of opinion our adversaries are insane.
                            - Mark Twain

Comment

• lil Indian Boi
                              • Jul 2004

It wouldnt matter if you zapped him or kicked him in the nuts, when that panic of Jason Taylor comin round the edge sets in, I will be slingin my mighty Bow&Arrow all over the place, killin Bills!

On a real note though, Bleedslow is washed. That was painfully obvious last year. He looked like Vinny Testanerdy of 02! Your best bet is to pitch it to Henry and get Drew to pick up a few blocks up field!
                              Beware my Bow&Arrow

Comment

Working...
                              X