PDA

View Full Version : Clayton: It's The Final Countdown

justasportsfan
07-01-2004, 09:57 AM
Coach Mike Mularkey is using an on-the-field clock to remind the inner clock in Drew Bledsoe's head to release the ball quicker, but Bledsoe's best learning tools may be the hands of running backs Travis Henry and Willis McGahee. The Bills completed only 60 passes to running backs last season, 33 fewer than in 2002. Henry and McGahee are excellent receivers and using them more in the passing offense is one way to cure Bledsoe's tendency to hold on to the ball.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/clubhouse?team=buf

ryjam282
07-01-2004, 10:05 AM
That sounds like a pretty good idea. I hope it works out.

justasportsfan
07-01-2004, 10:12 AM
If Mularkey can also get the TE's involved (aside from the RB's)and turn one of them into a Coates, Drew would have another passing weapon. All these of course will have to take a backseast from our running game. The lesser Drew has to throw the ball, the better.

tampabay25690
07-01-2004, 10:25 AM
I don't think that is true at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we establish a running game Drews arm may be the best thing the Bills offense has, more you run the ball the better the playaction pass will be. If I was a defense playing against the Bills I would be a little worried how many LB's will be able to cover Willis and Travis coming out of the backfield when we have them both in the backfield!!!!!!

saviorbledsoe
07-01-2004, 10:30 AM
It should be a little of both.

The DUH factor involved with using the swing pass to Henry is amazing to me how GW and KG didnt use that last year. I would like to see lots of screens, run plays and maybe once in a while go deep when they dont expect it. Just wait you guys...this offense is going to be very very good this year.

AFCE Champs in o4!

Tatonka
07-01-2004, 11:32 AM
i think they should wire a little voltage to drews cup.. and when 3-4 seconds have passed.. and he has not thrown the ball.. they zap him..

he would learn quick, like dogs do with invisible fences.

i mean, a guy can only take so many zaps to the nuts before you have his FULL attention right?

saviorbledsoe
07-01-2004, 11:34 AM
they should have shocked your fathers nuts and maybe we would be spared your sick humor right now :)

Ickybaluky
07-01-2004, 11:53 AM
It sounds like you guys are going to be pretty much unstoppable.

Kramer
07-01-2004, 11:58 AM
The electrical short circuiting of a mans testicles is a matter that should be taken very seriously. When warranted, one must consider how much voltage is applied and for how long. Do you want to fry them badly enough so that they take on the appearance of Rocky Mountain Oysters? Or do you just want to cause the subject to pass out?

justasportsfan
07-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by tampabay25690
I don't think that is true at all!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If we establish a running game Drews arm may be the best thing the Bills offense has, more you run the ball the better the playaction pass will be. If I was a defense playing against the Bills I would be a little worried how many LB's will be able to cover Willis and Travis coming out of the backfield when we have them both in the backfield!!!!!!
That would be good if he was the Drew of old.

Based on last year, Drew was missing his targets even 10 yds down. Until he poves he can consistently play like he did against the Jags last year (that was the best run openning up the pass game all year) it's safe to say keep the ball away from him ASAP before he start turning gold into garbage.

McBFLO
07-01-2004, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Tatonka
i think they should wire a little voltage to drews cup.. and when 3-4 seconds have passed.. and he has not thrown the ball.. they zap him..

he would learn quick, like dogs do with invisible fences.

That is awesome!
i mean, a guy can only take so many zaps to the nuts before you have his FULL attention right?

Originally posted by NE39

McBFLO
07-01-2004, 12:00 PM
whoops!

don137
07-01-2004, 12:01 PM
Could you imagine Kelly working the no huddle with offense with McGahee and Henry in the backfield. He could look at who is in for the defense and there coverage and call the play accordingly. We have speed, great possession guys at WR and two versatile RB's. Kelly would have a field day in this offense.

Voltron
07-01-2004, 12:04 PM

Well acording to Savior Drew is going to be

:snicker:

lil Indian Boi
07-01-2004, 12:15 PM
It wouldnt matter if you zapped him or kicked him in the nuts, when that panic of Jason Taylor comin round the edge sets in, I will be slingin my mighty Bow&Arrow all over the place, killin Bills!

On a real note though, Bleedslow is washed. That was painfully obvious last year. He looked like Vinny Testanerdy of 02! Your best bet is to pitch it to Henry and get Drew to pick up a few blocks up field!

saviorbledsoe
07-01-2004, 12:29 PM
Originally posted by Voltron

Well acording to Savior Drew is going to be

:snicker:

yeah, i said that ....lol

find me a quote where i said that.

justasportsfan
07-01-2004, 12:36 PM
Originally posted by lil Indian Boi
It wouldnt matter if you zapped him or kicked him in the nuts, when that panic of Jason Taylor comin round the edge sets in, I will be slingin my mighty Bow&Arrow all over the place, killin Bills!

On a real note though, Bleedslow is washed. That was painfully obvious last year. He looked like Vinny Testanerdy of 02! Your best bet is to pitch it to Henry and get Drew to pick up a few blocks up field! YO pocahontas, I think Tanto wants you back in his teepee ,NOW!!! He needs his little bunghole.

lil Indian Boi
07-01-2004, 12:47 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
YO pocahontas, I think Tanto wants you back in his teepee ,NOW!!! He needs his little bunghole.

Ouch! That hurts.......Did your mommy help u with that, or should I call it a justaspecial? Dont hate the PLAYA hate the bills GAME!

Halbert
07-01-2004, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by justasportsfan
Henry and McGahee are excellent receivers
Since when is Henry an excellent receiver? He's decent but I'd reserve the term excellent for guys like Tomlinson, Holmes, and McAllister.

Kolbiss
07-01-2004, 02:03 PM
Ouch! That hurts.......Did your mommy help u with that, or should I call it a justaspecial? Dont hate the PLAYA hate the bills GAME!

Your an idiot!!!....I put up with a lot of dolphin posts here, but your just an idiot......warn me, kick me off, I don't care, you are a moron!

Goobylal
07-01-2004, 02:57 PM
No worries about Taylor. The Bills will run at him, run at him some more, and then run at him again. He'll be crying by the 4th quarter.

On a real note though, Bleedslow is washed. That was painfully obvious last year. He looked like Vinny Testanerdy of 02! Your best bet is to pitch it to Henry and get Drew to pick up a few blocks up field!
Yep, exactly what I see happening, without the Bledsoe picking up a few blocks part.

Tatonka
07-01-2004, 03:08 PM
Originally posted by saviorbledsoe
they should have shocked your fathers nuts and maybe we would be spared your sick humor right now :)

really good post. so your wishing me dead.. thats cool savior. again.. great post.. all because i dont love bledsoe. your going to be so disenchanted when he puts up solid numbers like 20 tds and 24 Turnovers .. even though that would be an improvement from his 12 tds and 24 tos..

your probably more right than saviorbledsoe.

lordofgun
07-01-2004, 03:30 PM
Anyone else want a warning? I'm in a giving mood! :up:

Kramer
07-01-2004, 04:11 PM
I'll take a warning. It would help my badboy image :banme:

saviorbledsoe
07-01-2004, 04:37 PM
I never wished you dead T. You would have never been born. :)

And way to side with the dopiest Fin Fan to ever post on this board. Selling out I see.

The Natrix
07-01-2004, 04:48 PM

:lol:

:::

Tatonka
07-01-2004, 06:37 PM
And way to side with the dopiest Fin Fan to ever post on this board. Selling out I see.

see.. through the eyes of a fan that is not blinded by his plastic blue and red bills colored glasses.. the fin fan made more sense .. so what does that say about your ability as a poster.

The_Philster
07-01-2004, 06:54 PM
fight nice, children :shakeno:

madness
07-01-2004, 07:26 PM
I sure hope WM stays healthy and the O-line gives our WR core time to spread the field. Imagine Bledsoe dumping off to Willis with an open field? Bledsoe would be voted MVP and be known as one of the best QB's in the league!!

MVP! MVP! Brad....I mean Bledsoe for president!

Seriously though, the there's too many variables for a QB to be successful in this league and Drew had almost none of them on his side. To blame Bledsoe's performance woes without factoring in everything else that went wrong is absolutely ludicrous.

Goobylal
07-01-2004, 08:05 PM
Originally posted by madness23
Seriously though, the there's too many variables for a QB to be successful in this league and Drew had almost none of them on his side. To blame Bledsoe's performance woes without factoring in everything else that went wrong is absolutely ludicrous.
Welcome to BillsZone, haven for ludicrous. Just when it appeared one nut (Wys) was gone, others appear fall out of the tree to take his place.:idunno:

madness
07-01-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal

Welcome to BillsZone, haven for ludicrous. Just when it appeared one nut (Wys) was gone, others appear fall out of the tree to take his place.:idunno:

If Mike Tyson can use it, why can't I?

saviorbledsoe
07-01-2004, 09:04 PM

see.. through the eyes of a fan that is not blinded by his plastic blue and red bills colored glasses.. the fin fan made more sense .. so what does that say about your ability as a poster.

i love how you question my ability as a poster.....like posting my thoughts and opinions on this website is my career or really means didly to me.

elltrain22
07-01-2004, 09:51 PM
I gotta give MM madd credit. He really has some very innovative ideas, and I truly believe in him restoring our offense back to respectibility.

ShadowHawk7
07-01-2004, 10:09 PM

Do I detect a sarcastic quip? :scratch:

Tatonka
07-01-2004, 10:32 PM

I love how your called a nut or wys, just because you dont think bledsoe is a good qb. almost all the guys like myself, fairway and draftboy (and others) that think bledsoe will never win this franchise a superbowl disagree with wys on almost every other thing.. and argued with him just like everyone else did... but because we agree with him on one issue.. we are just like him.. nuts. come on, goo.

i love how you question my ability as a poster.....like posting my thoughts and opinions on this website is my career or really means didly to me.

it is alot better than wishing death on someone.

Goobylal
07-01-2004, 11:11 PM
[B]

I love how your called a nut or wys, just because you dont think bledsoe is a good qb. almost all the guys like myself, fairway and draftboy (and others) that think bledsoe will never win this franchise a superbowl disagree with wys on almost every other thing.. and argued with him just like everyone else did... but because we agree with him on one issue.. we are just like him.. nuts. come on, goo.
With all due respect Tat, I think your extremism on Bledsoe is nuts, as was Wys' (actually in Wys' case it's more bordering on psychosis), but I agree with other stuff you say. I just don't know how anyone can claim that Bledsoe won't win the franchise a SB.

Maybe we should compare Bledsoe to ANOTHER Buffalo QB who failed to win a SB: Jim Kelly. We all loved Kelly, but he didn't win a SB despite having an amazing offense from the coaches to the players, something Bledsoe hasn't had in his career EVER (check out his OC's during his career; they've all stunk and were out of the NFL soon after leaving the Pats), and a pretty good defense. Do you think Kelly would have taken the Bills to the playoffs in 2002, with that defense? How about last year. Do you think Kelly would have produced a better record than 6-10 with that offense, if not gotten injured somewhere during the season? As a Kelly fan, I can't honestly say he would have done better. So why the double-standard?

justasportsfan
07-02-2004, 07:58 AM

With all due respect Tat, I think your extremism on Bledsoe is nuts, as was Wys' (actually in Wys' case it's more bordering on psychosis), but I agree with other stuff you say. I just don't know how anyone can claim that Bledsoe won't win the franchise a SB.

Maybe we should compare Bledsoe to ANOTHER Buffalo QB who failed to win a SB: Jim Kelly. We all loved Kelly, but he didn't win a SB despite having an amazing offense from the coaches to the players, something Bledsoe hasn't had in his career EVER (check out his OC's during his career; they've all stunk and were out of the NFL soon after leaving the Pats), and a pretty good defense. Do you think Kelly would have taken the Bills to the playoffs in 2002, with that defense? How about last year. Do you think Kelly would have produced a better record than 6-10 with that offense, if not gotten injured somewhere during the season? As a Kelly fan, I can't honestly say he would have done better. So why the double-standard?

I too don't think Drew could win this franchise a sb, but our rb's and D could w/ Drew as the "caretaking" qb :D

Tatonka
07-02-2004, 08:05 AM

i get your points.. but looking at his performance in past big games... all of them, goo, just does not inspire any kind of confidence. i understand teams are different and his cast is different from year to year.. but i am basing this on strictly his playoff teams.. all of which has some of the best coaching in the league.. now, i dont have the numbers in front of me, and havent debated this point in a while, but i beleive he has been in 11 playoff games in his career.. and in only 2 has he had more TDs than turnovers.. turnovers kill a team faster than any other single event in a football game.. you can have the worst defense in the world.. but if you dont turn the ball over.. your still going to be in the game.. drew puts the ball in the other teams hands.. at an alarming rate when you combine INTs and Fumbles.. that, goo, is why i dont think this team can ever win under bledsoe.. you can call me crazy, or a nut, or wys.. but i dont see how that rationale is anything other than common sense based on his 11 year career.

i have never looked into it.. but i wonder how many qbs have peformed like that under pressure and then in the last couple years of their career, just turned that around..

our only hope, as i see it, is that he is a caretaker like elway was his final two years, and we have a running game similar to what terrel davis provided, which was enough to win consistently along with good defense.

do i feel like all hope is lost and there is no need to watch the games? hell no.. i will be cheering for bledsoe every game he is our qb.. praying he turns it around..but i just dont see that as being a likely event.

how does that make me an extremist?

lil Indian Boi
07-02-2004, 08:42 AM
Originally posted by danny4804

Your an idiot!!!....I put up with a lot of dolphin posts here, but your just an idiot......warn me, kick me off, I don't care, you are a moron!

Valium anyone? Jeez dude, all I said was Travis Henry should be your main offensive focus. You disagree that much! O.K, give it to McGahee then, point remains, Bleedslow is not the player he once was!

You have a picture of yourself dressed up in a star wars costume takin a dump for your avatar........... and Im a moron:laughter:

danny4804 posts................:badboy:

Goobylal
07-02-2004, 09:38 PM
i get your points.. but looking at his performance in past big games... all of them, goo, just does not inspire any kind of confidence. i understand teams are different and his cast is different from year to year.. but i am basing this on strictly his playoff teams.. all of which has some of the best coaching in the league.. now, i dont have the numbers in front of me, and havent debated this point in a while, but i beleive he has been in 11 playoff games in his career.. and in only 2 has he had more TDs than turnovers.. turnovers kill a team faster than any other single event in a football game.. you can have the worst defense in the world.. but if you dont turn the ball over.. your still going to be in the game.. drew puts the ball in the other teams hands.. at an alarming rate when you combine INTs and Fumbles.. that, goo, is why i dont think this team can ever win under bledsoe.. you can call me crazy, or a nut, or wys.. but i dont see how that rationale is anything other than common sense based on his 11 year career.

i have never looked into it.. but i wonder how many qbs have peformed like that under pressure and then in the last couple years of their career, just turned that around..

our only hope, as i see it, is that he is a caretaker like elway was his final two years, and we have a running game similar to what terrel davis provided, which was enough to win consistently along with good defense.

do i feel like all hope is lost and there is no need to watch the games? hell no.. i will be cheering for bledsoe every game he is our qb.. praying he turns it around..but i just dont see that as being a likely event.

how does that make me an extremist?
You've gotten better I'll admit, but you still refuse to believe that he can win a SB. You seem to be saying he can't win one FOR them, which I agree, however Brady wouldn't have won a SB, much less 2, without a great supporting cast. And again, Kelly who is a god in Buffalo failed to win a SB despite a great offense, so to judge Bledsoe when he's played with lesser offerense throughout his career is unfair.

If you look at Bledsoe's career, he only had great head coaching from 1993-1996. However during that time, and for most of his career, he's had lousy OC's, mostly guys whose names you wouldn't know unless you followed football closely. Furthermore, all were out of the NFL soon after leaving the Patriots (while Gilbride was demoted and will probably never be an OC again). On top of this, he only had a 2 year period (1996-1997) where he had top talent on offense, but again he had lousy OC's and only had great head coaching in 1996. What you may not have known is that, even when the Patriots had Curtis Martin, they ranked in the bottom 5 in rushing every year, yet still made the playoffs. In the modern history of the NFL, only 9 teams had made the playoffs with a bottom-5 ranked rushing offense, and Bledsoe's Pats were 4 of those 9.

As for 2000, I will say that while the Pats had good coaches, they were new to the team. The team was also devoid of talent, as evidenced by the Pats signing 19 FA's after the season was over, with 11 of them becoming starters in 2001, a fact overlooked by most who like to believe that it was merely the Patriots switching Brady for Bledsoe that led to the winning. In 2002 I think we can agree that the defense lost games for the Bills, and last year a weak interior O-line and injuries, as well as the loss of speed in Price, were the downfalls.

So in summary, I think that for the first time in his career, Bledsoe has top talent AND coaches, and he won't be relied-on to carry the team. From watching him over the years, it's apparent to me that when he feels he has to carry the team, mistakes happen. However it's a team game and all ends have to pull their weight.

Tatonka
07-02-2004, 11:14 PM
You've gotten better I'll admit, but you still refuse to believe that he can win a SB. You seem to be saying he can't win one FOR them, which I agree, however Brady wouldn't have won a SB, much less 2, without a great supporting cast. And again, Kelly who is a god in Buffalo failed to win a SB despite a great offense, so to judge Bledsoe when he's played with lesser offerense throughout his career is unfair.

i guess i have high standards.. i want a qb that can take over a game.. just like a want a RB that can, and a DE that can, and a LB that can..

and a COACH that can...

i will admit that i do have high standards.. but i feel like i cut the rest of the team alot of slack.. and am overall generally positive... i am not a doom and gloom guy.. i am very excited about this upcoming season..

and i have said NUMEROUS times.. I absolutely hope i am WRONG about bledsoe.. i think all of his detractors wish the same, because he is a likable guy that you want to see do well... it is not like he is some ******* that acts like a jerk or is even dismissive like RJ was..

we wont know until the season starts though.. and just to make things even worse is that i am so excited about JP losman.. i feel like he could be a qb that, like farve has been in the past.. can take over a game.. i could be just as way off about him as i could be about bledsoe.. but i wont know about JP for at least a year.. i just hope he kicks ass in the preseason, so at least we can all feel great about the future.

Goobylal
07-03-2004, 09:35 AM
Fair enough. Let's hope we see what we all want to see this year.

Tatonka
07-03-2004, 10:00 AM
agreed.
:cheers: