PDA

View Full Version : Weak Link?

jdbillsfan
07-01-2004, 11:40 AM
I would say Trey Teague is the weakest link. Wasn't he the one who couldn't even shotgun snap it, so they never could run any plays out of shotgun?

saviorbledsoe
07-01-2004, 11:41 AM
Originally posted by jdbillsfan
I would say Trey Teague is the weakest link. Wasn't he the one who couldn't even shotgun snap it, so they never could run any plays out of shotgun?

i agree

ScottLawrence
07-01-2004, 11:43 AM
Teague or who ever our LG is.... I thought Teague played well in 2002 at Center but, last year was just a disgusting performance.... so who knows with him.

BFBills
07-01-2004, 11:53 AM
Mike Williams...??? yes...any thoughts?

don137
07-01-2004, 11:56 AM
there is a couple weak links...Drews ability to unload the ball and not take a sack, Teague-for reasons mentioned above, LDE-needs to put some pressure on the QB to force turnovers and Rian Lindell-He missed too many FGA's last year. With games being so close he could end up costing a game or two if he does not improve. If I had to pick one I would go with Lindell..I do not have confidence in him like I did with Christie or Hollis...

Ebenezer
07-01-2004, 12:00 PM
the last two OL coaches were the weak link...we have no clue how good/bad any of these guys are, yet.

lil Indian Boi
07-01-2004, 12:06 PM
The statue of liberty....err, I mean Drew Bleedslow! With the bills inability to field an all star cast of characters on the O-line (which is what it would take for drew) drew will once again be ineffective and THE WEAKEST link. Goodbye!

Voltron
07-01-2004, 12:08 PM
LDE for sure!

After that I would say guard and center. I think Big Mike got a raw deal last year. He was always having to pick up the slack for the RG and that is when the edge rushers would get around him for the most part.

lil Indian Boi
07-01-2004, 12:19 PM
The defensive backfield may be a bit of a problem for you too. The best player they had is gone and the best player ya'll brought in is a liability in deep pass coverage. Teams may be hard pressed to run against those quick linebackers, so watch for tons of yardage threw the air!

BillsOwnAll
07-01-2004, 12:25 PM
Trey for offense but our Secondary isnot that good at getting us TO's. You need TO's to win big games.

tampabay25690
07-01-2004, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by BFBills
Mike Williams...??? yes...any thoughts?

You might be right from last year, I think the hole line sucked last year though. I guess we will have to see what McNally will bring to our line this year...................

It is so hard to compare last years team to what will be this year, to me it almost looks like the team started to quit because they didn't like the coaching at all...........I think the line will be much improved and Mike Williams will be our top guy this year!!!!!!!

tomdonahoe
07-01-2004, 01:41 PM
I know this isn't going to be too popular amongst the group here but I think our FS spot is a huge question mark going in. Especially if our pass rush struggles to develop any pressure on opposing QB's. I know our defense plays two safteies and they are interchangable however I still wish we had a guy that could hover the field with good speed and solid coverage skills. Don't get me wrong I love Coy Wire but I love Coy Wire as a SS. I don't think his coverage skills are anything above mediocre. I certainly hope I'm wrong.

Jan Reimers
07-01-2004, 02:32 PM
Our return game has been woeful. We need to find punt and kickoff returners who can give us consistently decent field position, and occasionally break one.

jdbillsfan
07-01-2004, 04:51 PM
KR/PR along with Kicker up there too. I am giving LDE another year, since they are both pretty young. Gray seems to like Kelsay, so we'll see.