PDA

View Full Version : Brady Blamming Teammates?

justasportsfan
10-29-2002, 10:36 AM
ESPN reports that Brady aired out his dirty laundry through media. No details. I guess that's one thing Brady didn't learn from Drew. How to handle controversy. LOL.

Brady must be a Flutie fan.

RIBill
10-29-2002, 10:49 AM
He said that some players weren't playing like this was their livelihood. That some of them need to step it up. He then said later on that he was referring to himself, first, then his teammates.

InTheBox
10-29-2002, 11:17 AM
Brady's a loser. He doesn't know what team means!!!!!

Cntrygal
10-29-2002, 11:26 AM
If you're losing, and you say that "everyone needs to step up - including yourself", I don't think that qualifies as "airing dirty laundry". It's stating the obvious.

mybills
10-29-2002, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Cntrygal
If you're losing, and you say that "everyone needs to step up - including yourself", I don't think that qualifies as "airing dirty laundry". It's stating the obvious.

Exactly. And he's right. ...none of them are helping as much as they should. Plus they have been playing flag football.

JayWood
10-29-2002, 12:01 PM
There is a lot of finger pointing going on in the patriots locker room right now. Its funny to listen to little tommy, he opened his big mouth, and did the right thing, because someone needed to say something, however he never mentioned that he himself was playing very bad football and needed to get his ass in gear. The rest of the team took offense to what he had to say...they felt he was blaming everyone else but himself. What a difference ebtween these two teams, maybe they should take some notes as to what a "team" locker room looks like, all they have to do is look up north and they will see an organization that is the definition of "team"

Buffarama
10-29-2002, 12:15 PM
A cornered animal is more dangerous than a suprised one. The Patriots are dangerous this week. I don't think we could have caught them at a worse time. Their season is done if they lose Sunday. Motivation and desperation won't be an issue for them this week.

Bufftp
10-29-2002, 01:18 PM
N.E. misses DB in three ways.
1) Class leadership
2) mentoring tommy boy especially in film watching and on gameday..
3) keeping the D sharp by being the "scout qb" who ran the scout offense against the d in practice.

Novacane
10-29-2002, 02:46 PM
Doug Brady er .............I mean Tom Flutie er.............. I mean Tom Brady is showing proving correct what a lot of people have been saying ONE YEAR WONDER!

justasportsfan
10-29-2002, 02:53 PM
No one is arguing the Brady shouldn't have said what he said. It's just that the media was saying he shouldn't have said it to the media. You know how they love to blow things 10x bigger than what it really is.

ask their former QB. What's his name........oh yeah, DREEEEWWWWW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Novacane
10-29-2002, 02:57 PM
Exactly justsa. He should not have gone public with it. That is common sense. He should have learned by watching Drew handle his situation last year but it appears he did not.

We deffinately got NE's best QB away from them!

justasportsfan
10-29-2002, 03:10 PM
BUt they got Antwain from us!!! Oh yeah, who cares???????

I always liked J Reimersma but for what we are paying him he just isn't worth it anymore. Didn't the Pats like him? Would we trade JR within the division? I don't think that's such a bad thing :D

Ebenezer
10-29-2002, 03:19 PM
Just hold the phone guys...this is the starting QB calling out players...and he did not name names...if it were Kelly we would all be applauding...the best way to rally a team?? Challenge them. Just hold your breath and hope that Brady's stunt doesn't work.

And remember...this is a team run by Bill Belichek...nobody shoots their mouth in public without clearing it through him first...wouldn't be a bit surprised if Belichek orchestrated this to get the team going. Sounds like a Parcells stunt.

Novacane
10-29-2002, 03:27 PM
I would not be applauding Kelly. He did the same thing in public and that is why a lot of people did not like him.

This type of thing should stay in house. Besides, Brady should have pointed the finger at himself first, not after his teamates got PO'd. That is not a way to rally guys behind you. We'll soon find out if Brady was a flash in the pan. It's real easy to be the team leader when all is well and you are getting every break in the world going your way. A whole differant story when things are going bad. We'll see what Brady is made of.

Ebenezer
10-29-2002, 03:29 PM
If the Pats win you going to credit Brady?? I won't...this has Belichek's scent all over it.

Novacane
10-29-2002, 03:32 PM
If Bellichek told Brady to call out his teamates without taking some of the blame himself that was a really dumb thing to do. Could backfire on him bigtime.

mybills
10-29-2002, 04:28 PM
Can someone please provide a link that shows Brady doing this? Here in N.E. on the local news, he is taking partial blame, he never pointed a finger, and none of his interviews sound any worse than any other QB in a situation like that (including Drew).

BironsGirl43
10-29-2002, 05:26 PM
I honestly think you guys should give Tom Brady a break.. he's a good young QB and yes he's struggling right now but do you remember how he started the season? Blazing hot! Everyone goes through their ups and downs.. no use in taking pride in others misery or suffering.. I think it's a great thing that he said what he did.. he's challenging his teammates and there isn't wrong with that.. everyone should be held accountable for the losses.. Brady isn't the entire team and just because they lose.. doesn't mean it's automatically his fault.. the same goes when they win..

Anyways considering the Bills play them in the coming week.. I think that will be exciting! Best of luck to both teams.. of course I want the Bills to win.. but I hope Brady has a good game regardless.. he's a good guy.. he isn't a ***** like Dan Marino or John Elway.. ick!

casdhf
10-29-2002, 05:29 PM
I think you should go back to Hockey :D

TacklingDummy
10-29-2002, 05:31 PM
I think so too.

BironsGirl43
10-29-2002, 05:31 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
I think you should go back to Hockey :D

LOL..:laughter:

Sorry I just had to..:redcar:

mybills
10-29-2002, 06:04 PM
<b>Has his team dug too deep a hole to escape from this time?</b>

Brady.."I don't think we feel that," he responded. "You look around and see how many good players we have. I think we all realize that us good players have to play better. . . . There's too many good guys. It's not like we couldn't play at a better level if we're all playing well. . . . We've just got to play better."

"You've got to make that perfect throw. You've got to make that perfect catch sometimes," added Brady, who was 15-for-29 for 130 yards. "You can't walk out of a game saying, 'I played pretty well.' You didn't play good enough. I didn't play good enough. Obviously."

Novacane
10-29-2002, 06:38 PM
Yeah................go back to hockey. Don't stick up for him just because he looks like Marty.:p:

BironsGirl43
10-29-2002, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by BledsoeTOreedfor6
Yeah................go back to hockey. Don't stick up for him just because he looks like Marty.:p:

*LOL* :tongue:

He doesn't look like Marty anyway.. :shakeno:

Marcos20
10-29-2002, 08:25 PM
Brady = Me Me Me ...