How Long Should Roethlisberger Be Suspended For?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • PECKERWOOD
    Defies all logic
    • Oct 2006

How Long Should Roethlisberger Be Suspended For?

Wait for poll..........................................................
    16+ games
    0%
    8 games
    0%
    4 games
    0%
    He should not be suspended at all.
    0%
  • trapezeus
    Legendary Zoner
    • Oct 2004

Re: How Long Should Roethlisberger Be Suspended For?

treat the equally i say. You get one mistake suspension free. if you make a second offense, you get 3 games, if you make the exact same mistake you seem to get 4.

I get that Ben R. is on a popular team, a QB, and white, so it's hard for the NFL to get their head around why they have to suspend him. but it's an awful double standard to say a player who isn't a marquee player on a high revenue team gets treated one way and a guy who isn't so good and involved in minor infractions and plays for a crappy team gets treated differently.

Comment

• Night Train
      Retired - On Several Levels
      • Jul 2005

He should worry less about the Commish and more about his owner, who reportedly blew his stack when the DA read those details on the air yesterday.

Rooney is not afraid to cut someone like Ben R. & I'm betting he has thought about it in the last 24 hours. No fanbase is more connected to their team than Pittsburgh and Rooney will side with his fanbase 100 % of the time.

Currently, Ben R. is losing the PR battle in that town by a wide margin. Don't be shocked.
      Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• casdhf
        • Jul 2002

He won't miss a game.
        Originally posted by BillsZone Mod
        cas,

I'm just letting you know that you have been given 2 points for telling Wys AKA Mark to kill himself.

BillsZone Mod

Comment

• ddaryl
          Everything I post is sexual inuendo
          • Jan 2005

He should get 4 games. Othe rplayers who have had multipe run ins with the law but no charges brought against them have been suspended, Ben deserves to be treated the same

Comment

• trapezeus
            Legendary Zoner
            • Oct 2004

Originally posted by Night Train
            He should worry less about the Commish and more about his owner, who reportedly blew his stack when the DA read those details on the air yesterday.

Rooney is not afraid to cut someone like Ben R. & I'm betting he has thought about it in the last 24 hours. No fanbase is more connected to their team than Pittsburgh and Rooney will side with his fanbase 100 % of the time.

Currently, Ben R. is losing the PR battle in that town by a wide margin. Don't be shocked.
            The arguement against this is you give a bad team a chance to upgrade immediately. Some one picks him up if you cut him.

Also, the reason to follow through with moving him isn't a concrete story. it takes one person with a vendetta to put the same story out there again. and a he said, she said comes up. the guy literaly can't leave his house to make sure it doesn't come up. So the chances this happens again is even more likely than marshawn stealing a 20 and getting busted for it.

Comment

• RockStar36
              Dude's Little Ignorant Crony
              • Sep 2004

He will most likely get two games from the team, not the league.

That being said, he won't get cut. Pittsburgh is at least smart enough to explore a trade before outright releasing a two time SB winning QB.

But people are right, the organization and fans are livid with him right now and rightfully so.

D & S Sports

Comment

• Dicknoze69
                Just because my name is dicknoze,it doesn't mean I have balls in my mouth
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by Night Train

I'm gonna go with the commish doesn't suspend him, but the Steelers suspend him for two games for conduct detrimental to the team.

God give me style and give me grace
                God put a smile upon my face

Comment

• Prov401
                  President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                  • Aug 2008

He went out to a club and drank with a few buddies. Some whore came around and flirted with him while her other whore friends whispered to her "hey, you know he makes millions of dollars right?", which excited her even more as she saw potential dollar signs. She led him to the bathroom, seduced him, and called the police. It's rediculous. The DA said it best. They prosecute crimes, not bad morals. The NFL should do the same.

0 games.
                  Last edited by Prov401; 04-13-2010, 03:26 PM.

Comment

• ddaryl
                    Everything I post is sexual inuendo
                    • Jan 2005

Originally posted by TE2Hard-E81
                    He went out to a club and drank with a few buddies. Some whore came around and flirted with him while her other whore friends whispered to her "hey, you know he makes millions of dollars right?", which excited her even more as she saw potential dollar signs. She led him to the bathroom, seduced him, and called the police. It's rediculous. The DA said it best. They prosecute crimes, not bad morals. The NFL should do the same.

0 games.
                    How come Ben seems ot fall prey to this scam more then once ???

I think your over simplfying the situation. This is not Big ben's 1st brush with this type of behavior

To be honest ben should be smart enough to avoid these casual encounters and keep himself out of the predicaments that can cause him these pains

Comment

• trapezeus
                      Legendary Zoner
                      • Oct 2004

0 games.
                      Lynch was never prosecuted for driving over a woman or smoking in the back of a car. 3 games with a 3rd strike.

Why should Roesthlesberger be treated differently? is it cause he's a key member of the team? is it because the team has a gigantic fanbase, is it because he's a QB, is it because he is white? I don't know. but i don't think any of those are good reasons to treat him differently. He needs to get 3-4 games with a 3rd strike as a year out of the league.

And like i said and you essentially repeated in crass oversimpliefed terms, this is way more likely to happen again simply because he's made himself a target for people to call it out with no basis.

Personally, i don't know what the story is with those two girls, but you have to be sadistic to fake these claims. That happens very rarely vs. the women who are reporting true crimes.

Comment

• Night Train
                        Retired - On Several Levels
                        • Jul 2005

0 games.
                        These rose colored glasses work great with ecstasy !
                        Anonymity is an abused privilege, abused most by people who mistake vitriol for wisdom and cynicism for wit

Comment

• Prov401
                          President of WADL (Whitner Anti-Defamation League)
                          • Aug 2008

Originally posted by ddaryl
                          How come Ben seems ot fall prey to this scam more then once ???

I think your over simplfying the situation. This is not Big ben's 1st brush with this type of behavior

To be honest ben should be smart enough to avoid these casual encounters and keep himself out of the predicaments that can cause him these pains
                          Some woman came out of nowhere at the begining of the season last year, accusing Roethlisberger of raping her over a year ago. It didn't go to trial, and the perception of Ben's character was/has been forever changed because of some tramp that came forward over a year later. To the more recent incident, everyone knew who Ben was at this club. It's quite obvious that some girl wanted to cash in on Big Ben. What type of behavior are you refering to in the past? What did he do previously? He did nothing. He's been convicted of nothing. If anything, he should be filing counter lawsuits for defimation of character. And on top of it all, Ben is just a person. Yea, he plays for the NFL, but Joe Shmo works for UPS as well. Who cares who or what people work for. When they are 'off the clock', they are regular people. And whether your Ben Roethlisberger, or Joe Shmo, if some hott 21 year old comes walking up to you, and drags you into the bathroom for some alone time...Your following. You can't sit here and tell me you wouldn't.

I'm not over simplifying anything, I'm speaking truth/facts. The only thing he's falling prey to is being a single man in his 20's that plays for the NFL and gets hit on by countless of women everywhere he goes. He did nothing wrong. Why are we punishing a guy who did nothing wrong??????? No witnesses, no footage, no DNA, nothing in both accused cases. This country is manipulating people's thinking I swear. Whatever happened to innocent until proven guilty? The 'personal conduct policy' is pretty much the NFL's version of the Rico act that prosecutes mobsters. It's pretty much: "Oh, you've had to have known this!, or... Oh, you had to have done something wrong, look at the coincidences!". Rediculous. Is he going to get punished? Of course. Why? I have no f****** idea.
                          Last edited by Prov401; 04-13-2010, 03:51 PM.

Comment

• Ingtar33
                            Dances With Buffaloes
                            • Sep 2002

If Goodell follows his own standards... it will be 4 games. if he does the right thing it will be 8 games. if he does what i think he'll do (white, Superbowl winning superstar QB)... it will be 0 games.
                            My wife told me that if I had a dollar for every girl who found me unattractive, girls would find me VERY attractive.

MY WIFE SAID THAT!!!

Comment

• The Spaz
                              • Mar 2003

The same as Marshawn.

Comment

Working...
                              X