PDA

View Full Version : What's the biggest story so far in the NFL?

Judge
10-29-2002, 11:41 AM
What's the biggest story in the NFL so far?

- the collapse of the Rams and Patriots?

- offense takes the edge over defense

- Emmitt Smith

- the soft Miami D

or

- the resurgence of the Bills with their leader, Drew Bledsoe?!

Voltron
10-29-2002, 12:24 PM
OK come on guys. I know to US Drew is the biggest story but Emmit (no matter how hard I try not to like him) has broke a record that is broken only one a generation. Big Props to him. He is a stand up guy and all those years of hating the Cowboys I have never once hated Emmit. I never gave him the credit he deseres I guess. SO Emmit is definately the biggest story by a long shot

Typ0
10-29-2002, 12:29 PM
I disagree Voltron because Emmit breaking the record was easily forecasted at the beginning of the season barring injury. Hence it has become more similar to a human interest story.

Judge
10-29-2002, 12:32 PM
I actually think the biggest league-wide story is the offensive explosion this year, with the Bills, Chiefs, Raiders, Patriots, etc., turning the tables on smothering defenses with ultra-aggressive passing games and rolling up points.

That's a big trend shift after several years of defensive domination.

The biggest team story is either the Bills emergence or the Rams faltering.

The biggest individual story is between Drew's MVP start and Emmitt's career success culminating in the rushing record.

I put in the Miami D storyline to tick off WCF! That'll be the big story of the second half- how Miami's D blows!

Marcos20
10-29-2002, 08:30 PM
I think Offensive explosion is the biggest history thus far

ublinkwescore
10-29-2002, 11:53 PM
OK come on guys. I know to US Drew is the biggest story but Emmit (no matter how hard I try not to like him) ...

- Voltron

I don't have to try at all.

Sabre Ally
10-30-2002, 12:22 AM
soft Miami D? :scratch: