PDA

View Full Version : I Guarantee The Dolphins Miss The Playoffs This Year!

Kramer
07-03-2004, 09:51 AM
7-9, that's how they'll finish. With 4 new OL man and a 2nd year guy on the line, Fiedler will get killed and Ricky will average 3.3/carry. I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll bet up to 5 people 1000 zone bucks each that the Phins will miss the playoffs.

Any takers?

Schobel94
07-03-2004, 01:39 PM
I won't take that bet, it's lost money. Oh btw, I enjoy the irony in your sig, as it should be you and me, not you and I. Hmmm... maybe the liberals were right after all...

ScottLawrence
07-03-2004, 01:44 PM
Yea.. I don't think anyone's going to take that bet except for a Miami fan.

Bling_1
07-03-2004, 02:25 PM
I gurantee we'll go over 7-9. I'll put up 1K ZonebUCKS

SABURZFAN
07-03-2004, 02:40 PM
are you crazy???r.williams is the missing piece for the FISH to win the Super Bowl.the homers at Finheaven said so.

Bling_1
07-03-2004, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by SABURZFAN
are you crazy???r.williams is the missing piece for the FISH to win the Super Bowl.the homers at Finheaven said so.

what does Ricky have anything to do with anything? He isn't going to jail.

ScottLawrence
07-03-2004, 04:09 PM
?

Samphin1
07-03-2004, 07:06 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
?

I echo this. Kramer. I will take the bet that we don't go 7-9. I don't care about zonebucks so 1000 seem fair. :p: I will double it for Buffalo though. I will bet 2 grand that they don't make the playoffs. With a rookie coach, possible running back controversy, and 4/5's of that putrid 0-line form last year. I cannot see them having a winning season. :rolleyes:

Predictions are stupid, especially when they are made in haste like yours and mine. But the dela stands. I will take your bet. All in good fun.

ScottLawrence
07-03-2004, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Samphin1
I echo this. Kramer. I will take the bet that we don't go 7-9. I don't care about zonebucks so 1000 seem fair. :p: I will double it for Buffalo though. I will bet 2 grand that they don't make the playoffs. With a rookie coach, possible running back controversy, and 4/5's of that putrid 0-line form last year. I cannot see them having a winning season. :rolleyes:

Predictions are stupid, especially when they are made in haste like yours and mine. But the dela stands. I will take your bet. All in good fun.

I don't think we will make the playoffs either but, I'd take our offensive line over Miami's any day.:)

Lets get serious here, RB controversy?.:o:

Samphin1
07-03-2004, 09:52 PM
Originally posted by ScottLawrence
I don't think we will make the playoffs either but, I'd take our offensive line over Miami's any day.:)

Lets get serious here, RB controversy?.:o:

It is just as plausible as any of the scenarios Kramer put out there about our O-line and Ricky. Heck, you guys even say yourself you have the best 1-2 punch in the backfield. Do you really think you guys draft Willis McGimpy in the first round to be a backup? My point was that Kramer's post about assuring Miami won't make the playoffs is silly. As are other predictions like this.

Kramer
07-05-2004, 09:00 AM
Well then, I have 2 1000 buck bets from Bling and Samphin1 saying that the fins will make the playoffs this year. And Samphin, I'll take that 2000 buck bet about the Bills. Call me a sucker, but it will make the season that much more interesting.

Marino13Phins
07-05-2004, 03:07 PM
There could be a RB controversy, especially if there are struggles in Buffalo, it's not out of the relm of possibility. But b/c zb's are meaningless to me, I will also take the 1000 zb bet that Miami does not finish 7-9, and I'll throw another 1000 saying we finish ahead of buffalo.

Samphin1
07-05-2004, 03:33 PM
I don't even know how many zonebucks I have. I may have to go all in! :lol:

The_Philster
07-05-2004, 03:36 PM
I don't even know how many zonebucks I have. :blamelog:

Goobylal
07-06-2004, 09:37 AM

Even if a RB controversy were to occur, what is the worst that could happen? Each RB will run like mad to prove he's the better RB. It won't divide the lockerroom like it did with Flutie/RJ because people don't look at a RB and say "you're the reason we won," whereas they DO do that with QB's. So that's not as issue.

As for the O-line, first off it's more like it will be 3/5th's of the line from last year, and the good 3/5th's at that. Add in a good RG and some real NFL-stylee coaching from a guy many consider to be one of the best, and it should be one of the better O-lines in the NFL. At the very least, they'll be a dominating run-blocking unit, and given the presence of Henry and McGahee in the backfield, the Bills should be a running powerhouse, and that will help open-up the running game, just like it did in Pgh for Mularkey and Clements. I'd rather have a group that knows eachother and has good coaching than a group of new players under an average coach.

Speaking of Miami, they'll probably be without Ogun's services for 10 games this year. That will make downgrade their defense. Also Seau is a year older and the wheels are bound to come-off sooner rather than later. I don't see them making the playoffs, but they're a team that annually finishes .500 or better, so I won't be on their record.

ionlyusesmilies
07-06-2004, 02:42 PM
Originally posted by Kramer
7-9, that's how they'll finish. With 4 new OL man and a 2nd year guy on the line, Fiedler will get killed and Ricky will average 3.3/carry. I'll put my money where my mouth is. I'll bet up to 5 people 1000 zone bucks each that the Phins will miss the playoffs.

Any takers?

:lolcry: :lolcry:

Originally posted by Bling

:lol:

justasportsfan
07-06-2004, 06:15 PM
there will be a qb controversy in Miami. Fiedler will be pissed if he is replaced just because Spielman gave up too much too soon for a 3rd string even though Fiedler knows this team more. I hope Spielman sticks Feely in there even if he's not ready just to try and save face.

Then there will be a power struggle between Wanny and Spielman as to who should start.

Boston will also be pissed that Chambers is getting more passes thrown his way. :D

All these problems will cause Ricky to go nuts and wearing his bridal gown again. :D

Kramer
07-06-2004, 06:22 PM
So far I have 3000 zone bucks that say the Fins don't make the playoffs. And 2000 zone bucks that say that Buffalo does not make the playoffs. And 1000 zone bucks that says that the Miami Douchebags finish ahead of the Bills. I'll take all these bets.

All further bets are off. I have invested enough.

Kramer
07-10-2004, 07:37 AM
Originally posted by Bling

Are you betting that Miami goes over 7-9 or Miami gets in the playoffs? I am confused.