PDA

View Full Version : Our rookies finished 1st.

BillsOwnAll
07-03-2004, 07:14 PM
http://buffalobills.com/news/index.cfm?cont_id=248141
The Buffalo Bills 2004 rookie class has yet to take a snap on an NFL field, but they are already champions. The six newest members of the Bills squad finished first in the Ultimate Rookie Challenge at the Rookie Symposium held in La Costa, California this past week.

The players answered questions about the history of the NFL as well as information they had learned over the four-day conference. The team worked together to edge out the Green Bay Packers for the title.

"For the most part, it was a business trip," rookie wide receiver Jonathan Smith said. "It was fun to work with the guys to win the challenge. Luckily we pulled out on top and we each won a DVD player."

The six first-year players listened to lectures and watched presentations on issues about the league such as financing, substance abuse, life skills and media policy among others. Bills cornerback Troy Vincent was one of the veteran players giving presentations. He spoke to players about taking care of their money and helping the NFL continue to be a strong business.

The symposium's goal is to familiarize players with the workings of the league. It's also a chance for the rookies to meet other players from the NFL.

"We had a good time," Smith said. "I think each of us took away some different from the meetings. I know I learned a lot and that I still have a lot of learning to do. I think it's a good experience though."

Smith, along with his five other teammates of the class of 2004, now has a few weeks off before reporting to training camp at St. John Fisher College on July 31.

TigerJ
07-03-2004, 10:15 PM
By and large, the Bills drafted kids with good scores on the Wonderlic. Theoretically they should be pretty smart, and this seems to confirm that.

saviorbledsoe
07-04-2004, 08:30 AM
We have taught you how to use your money well thus we are going to reward you with a cheap $60 DVD player. Thought the NFL was filthy rich? lol

Pride
07-04-2004, 08:33 AM
haha

my guess its a travel DVD player for taking on planes and such.

saviorbledsoe
07-04-2004, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Pride
haha

my guess its a travel DVD player for taking on planes and such.

Well thats a little better...i think those are at least 300

Jan Reimers
07-05-2004, 05:58 AM
I like the idea of having bright players - as long as they can play.