PDA

View Full Version : latest Brian H article on Ogunleye... a must read.

Canadian'eh!
07-05-2004, 09:11 AM
I'm not going to say anything... read it and post you impressions.

Ogunleye Should Get What He Deserves (http://www.profootballcentral.com/teams/mia/index.htm)

:homer:

TigerJ
07-05-2004, 09:22 AM
It all sounds very good, until he labels Patrick Surtain a safety, and then all the credibility issues one naturally associates with Brian H. rise back to the surface. He does make some good points however.

Jan Reimers
07-05-2004, 09:55 AM
The Kearse and Wistrom numbers, along with Ogun's demands, do not augur well for our re-signing Schobel, particularly if he has a stellar season.

Michael82
07-05-2004, 09:59 AM
I'm mad at him that we didn't get George Seifert to be our head coach. Brian H got my hopes up. :(

:snicker:

The Spaz
07-05-2004, 10:14 AM
Originally posted by Mikey82
I'm mad at him that we didn't get George Seifert to be our head coach. Brian H got my hopes up. :(

:snicker:

:rofl:

Canadian'eh!
07-05-2004, 11:58 AM
i thought Marv Levy was coming back.......

B-DON
07-05-2004, 01:36 PM
just shows you how good taylor is that he made trace armstrong a 16.5 sack man. why even question how good o-gun is? he isnt good we all know this, he plays next to one of the greatest de's in the game(even though i dislike him) o-gun shut up and leave so we can see how good you really are.

hurls
07-05-2004, 02:41 PM
Did anyone ever teach this boy correct grammar and punctuation? I never seen so many run-on sentences, and commas in the wrong place before in my life.

Samphin1
07-05-2004, 03:41 PM
The guy contradicts himself. He says Wistrom's 11 sack total is due to constant double teaming of Leonard Little and likewise for Trace Armstrong's 16.5 sacks a few years ago. Yet he fails to credit the same thing to Taylor about O-gun. Also, as someone else said, Patrick Surtian is a CORNERBACK, not a safety. It is just one person's opinion on the subject but, it doesn't convince me that O-gun should get all that money.

He is good, but not that good.

TigerJ
07-05-2004, 09:20 PM
I think Ogunleye's value is probably somewhere between what he and his agent think it is and what the Dolphins are willing/able to pay him. Of course as a Bills fan, I enjoy the impasse and watching the Dolphins squirm over the whole mess. I hope there is no quick resolution and we all get to see just how valuable Ogunleye is or isn't by watching how the Dolphins' line performs without him.

Goobylal
07-06-2004, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by TigerJ
I think Ogunleye's value is probably somewhere between what he and his agent think it is and what the Dolphins are willing/able to pay him. Of course as a Bills fan, I enjoy the impasse and watching the Dolphins squirm over the whole mess. I hope there is no quick resolution and we all get to see just how valuable Ogunleye is or isn't by watching how the Dolphins' line performs without him.
Oh, Ogun's important to their D-line and defense to be sure. He's not as good as he/Rosenhose think, but he's important nonetheless, just like Armstrong was. They're both talented guys who were benefitted by playing on that D-line, and there's no one behind them who is nearly as good. Armstrong cashed-in already, while Ogun WILL cash-in, probably not with the Dols unless they have a major change of heart. However I don't see them paying Ogun Wistrom-type money, which is probably the minimum Ogun is willing to take since he had a better season last year, so expect to see a nice 10-game holdout. I doubt he's worried that he won't have enough time to showcase himself in those last 6 games.

ionlyusesmilies
07-06-2004, 02:46 PM
Originally posted by slruh
Did anyone ever teach this boy correct grammar and punctuation? I never seen so many run-on sentences, and commas in the wrong place before in my life.
:bf1:

Pride
07-06-2004, 03:10 PM
Originally posted by slruh

Umm... was that sarcasm or tongue in cheek?

if not... "I'VE never seen..."

Samphin1
07-06-2004, 03:24 PM
Originally posted by Goobylal
Oh, Ogun's important to their D-line and defense to be sure. He's not as good as he/Rosenhose think, but he's important nonetheless, just like Armstrong was. They're both talented guys who were benefitted by playing on that D-line, and there's no one behind them who is nearly as good. Armstrong cashed-in already, while Ogun WILL cash-in, probably not with the Dols unless they have a major change of heart. However I don't see them paying Ogun Wistrom-type money, which is probably the minimum Ogun is willing to take since he had a better season last year, so expect to see a nice 10-game holdout. I doubt he's worried that he won't have enough time to showcase himself in those last 6 games.

The fact that we say pay him "Wistrom" Money is a travesty. The Seahawks and Eagles really screwed up the market for DEs. Personally, I think O-gun is better than Wistrom and gaining on Kearse, who is often injured and hasn't played a full seaosn in what, 3 seasons? OH well, those are the breaks I suppose. O-gun is the best DE we have paired with Taylor. But he is no where in Taylor's league and he needs to realize that.

Goobylal
07-07-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by Samphin1
The fact that we say pay him "Wistrom" Money is a travesty. The Seahawks and Eagles really screwed up the market for DEs. Personally, I think O-gun is better than Wistrom and gaining on Kearse, who is often injured and hasn't played a full seaosn in what, 3 seasons? OH well, those are the breaks I suppose. O-gun is the best DE we have paired with Taylor. But he is no where in Taylor's league and he needs to realize that.
You're kidding, right? No player "realizes" what they're truly worth. It's the same boat the Bills will be in next year with Aaron Schobel. He's a good but not great DE, but he'll get paid like Wistrom if he has another good year, so I expect him to be gone next year.