X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • samhain1961
    • Sep 2003

your favorite NFL online columnist?

Mine is NFL.com's Tuesday Morning Quarterback himself, Greg Easterbrook. I can't wait for the guy to get back to work sometime later this month. I've seriously missed his stuff during the offseason.
    Close behind him though is SI's Monday morning man, Peter King. He's a pleasure to read with his "everyman" approach, you know... the missives about his daughter's softball career, the "coffeenerdness" etc.. If I could only read two men's work all season long it would be Easterbrook & King's.

A bit behind these two is Zimmerman's stuff.
    It took me a while to warm up to it, but now that I have I enjoy it quite a bit.

As for the rest like Vic Carrucci, Don Banks etc. ? They're OK, but nothing that I ever consider a "must read". Far from it.
    "Be nice... until it's time to NOT be nice"
    -Jim
  • BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
    All-Pro Zoner
    • Jan 2004

Vic Carucci

Ever since he left the Buffalo snooze BILLS news has never been the same!!!!
    It's the Buffalo News but I like to call it the Buffalo snooze because it's so boring to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

• Bufftp
      Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
      • Jul 2002

I met Vic on a flight to N.Y. he was on his to interview with the n.f.l. internet site. Because of a cancled flight I was bumbed up to first class and sat next to him. He is cool guy.
      Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
      "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
      Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
      - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
      to be led by permanent ideals -
      that is what keeps a man patient
      when the world ignores him,
      and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• Jan Reimers
        Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
        • May 2003

Carucci would get my vote. Very knowledgable and a straight shooter.
        Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• Fairway To Green
          • Jul 2002

ditto Carucci.

Comment

• Philagape
            WIN NOW
            • Jul 2002

Carucci is a good guy. One time as a kid at training camp I saw him walking past, about 20-30 yards away, and I shouted out his name, just as I would for a player, just as a fan greeting. He surprised me by walking over, and we chatted for a few minutes.
            Later in life, I interned for a summer in the Buffalo News sports department as a copy editor. I was reading something he wrote, and noticed he called Jim Ritcher a RG instead of LG. I asked him on the phone if he meant to do that -- nervously, because I was fresh out of college and felt weird correcting a renowned NFL beat writer -- and he said, "Good catch." A class act.
            "It is better to be divided by truth than to be united by error." -- Martin Luther

"Those who appease the crocodile will simply be eaten last." -- Winston Churchill

2003 BZ Pick Em Champion
            2004 BZ Big Money League Champion

Comment

• BigZ
              • Sep 2003

Carucci is at the top of the list and Mark Weiler is at the bottom!

Comment

• The_Philster
                • Jul 2002

Originally posted by zielinski
                Carucci is at the top of the list and Mark Weiler is at the bottom!
                Weiler doesn't write for NFL.com.
                The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

• SABURZFAN
                  short bus extraordinaire
                  • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                  he's gonna replace carucci.
                  Originally posted by yordad
                  Christ, you are the queerest person in the history of Bills fanhood. I swear to god I would stomp you.

Comment

• Bufftp
                    Hi Dave!

Administrator Emeritus
                    • Jul 2002

Originally posted by The_Philster
                    Phil the question is "your favorite NFL online columnist?"
                    not "your favorite NFL.com online columnist? "
                    Photobucket

In the end, there are only three liberal archetypes: The fools, the beneficiaries and the crooks.
                    "If you build a man a fire, he'll be warm for a day, but if you set a man on fire, he'll be warm for the rest of his life"
                    Optyimus Ignorus Realityious!

"Let every nation know, whether it wishes us well or ill, that we shall pay any price, bear any burden, meet any hardship, support any friend, oppose any foe, to assure the survival and the success of liberty.
                    - John F. Kennedy, January 20, 1961

To live in the presence of great truths and eternal laws,
                    to be led by permanent ideals -
                    that is what keeps a man patient
                    when the world ignores him,
                    and calm and unspoiled when the world praises him. -- Honore De Balzac

Comment

• The_Philster
                      • Jul 2002

Originally posted by SABURZFAN
                      he's gonna replace carucci.
                      Bite your tongue!!
                      The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                      X