PDA

View Full Version : your favorite NFL online columnist?

samhain1961
07-05-2004, 11:22 AM
Mine is NFL.com's Tuesday Morning Quarterback himself, Greg Easterbrook. I can't wait for the guy to get back to work sometime later this month. I've seriously missed his stuff during the offseason.
Close behind him though is SI's Monday morning man, Peter King. He's a pleasure to read with his "everyman" approach, you know... the missives about his daughter's softball career, the "coffeenerdness" etc.. If I could only read two men's work all season long it would be Easterbrook & King's.

A bit behind these two is Zimmerman's stuff.
It took me a while to warm up to it, but now that I have I enjoy it quite a bit.

As for the rest like Vic Carrucci, Don Banks etc. ? They're OK, but nothing that I ever consider a "must read". Far from it.

BillsSabresB.C.T. Fan
07-05-2004, 12:02 PM
Ever since he left the Buffalo snooze :z: BILLS news has never been the same!!!!
It's the Buffalo News but I like to call it the Buffalo snooze because it's so boring to read!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Bufftp
07-05-2004, 01:10 PM
I met Vic on a flight to N.Y. he was on his to interview with the n.f.l. internet site. Because of a cancled flight I was bumbed up to first class and sat next to him. He is cool guy.

Jan Reimers
07-05-2004, 02:14 PM
Carucci would get my vote. Very knowledgable and a straight shooter.

Novacane
07-05-2004, 03:03 PM
ditto Carucci.

Philagape
07-05-2004, 06:13 PM
Carucci is a good guy. One time as a kid at training camp I saw him walking past, about 20-30 yards away, and I shouted out his name, just as I would for a player, just as a fan greeting. He surprised me by walking over, and we chatted for a few minutes.
Later in life, I interned for a summer in the Buffalo News sports department as a copy editor. I was reading something he wrote, and noticed he called Jim Ritcher a RG instead of LG. I asked him on the phone if he meant to do that -- nervously, because I was fresh out of college and felt weird correcting a renowned NFL beat writer -- and he said, "Good catch." A class act.

BigZ
07-07-2004, 10:16 AM
Carucci is at the top of the list and Mark Weiler is at the bottom!

The_Philster
07-07-2004, 06:25 PM
Originally posted by zielinski
Carucci is at the top of the list and Mark Weiler is at the bottom!

Weiler doesn't write for NFL.com. :shakeno:

SABURZFAN
07-08-2004, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster

he's gonna replace carucci.:up:

Bufftp
07-08-2004, 04:12 PM
Originally posted by The_Philster
Phil the question is "your favorite NFL online columnist?"
not "your favorite NFL.com online columnist? ":shakeno: