PDA

View Full Version : Who's feeling the pressure most?

LABillsFan
10-29-2002, 01:14 PM
New England being the defending Superbowl Champs on a four game lossong streak or The Bills, winners of three straight with Bledsoe looking to make a statement agianst his former team?

With NE already pointing fingers, another loss, especially to the Bills, will make them second guess the trade. Brady would be knocked down another notch and NE will pretty much be out of the playoff race.

Bledsoe wanting to show BB up may just start to force passes as he has done in the past resulting in int's. Bledsoe MUST remain composed and play with his head not his heart.

No one expected the Bills to be 5-3 at the half way point, all the pressure is on Brady and the Pat.'s. If the Bills can get off to a fast start and make NE play catch up, Brady can be rattled, however if Henry puts the rock on the ground and Bledsoe is trying to prove himself this could be a long day at the Ralph.

InTheBox
10-29-2002, 01:22 PM
I dont think bledsoe is going to force anything just to prove that he is a good QB. He's smarter then that and thats whats going to win us the game.
Bills - 31
New Egland - 20

LABillsFan
10-29-2002, 01:27 PM
You know he wants to light it up, any guy in his position would. He's got to play within himself though. I worry about late in the 4th with a slim lead and Henry carrying the ball.

BillsOwnAll
10-29-2002, 02:25 PM
im so sik of these ot games with thr pats its about time we crush them

i hope we take the lead in the begging i hate playing ketchup

CURRENT BREAKOUT CHAMION

LABillsFan
10-29-2002, 02:28 PM
I hate playing ketchup too. I'd relish in glory if the Bills musturd up a blow out.

don137
10-29-2002, 02:29 PM
I think Drew will put a "W" ahead of good numbers. If Travis can run all day on them then he will hand it off to #20. If Drew has to throw then he will be happy to throw. His mentality will be whatever it takes to win.

justasportsfan
10-29-2002, 02:34 PM
Drew leads the league in yardage, MVP race and is second highest rated qb in the leaugue right now. All that means nothing if we lose to the Pats. He doesn't need to prove himself and I hope he is professional enough to put the team (win) ahead of his personal glory.

TacklingDummy
10-29-2002, 02:35 PM
The very first play of the game should be a bomb pass to Eric Moulds. Then after that run Henry for awhile.

BillsOwnAll
10-29-2002, 02:39 PM
yup we should start every game with a big bomb i mean we have sup fast recievers with great hands why not

LABillsFan
10-29-2002, 02:50 PM
Like Drew said during the Lions game, We need to kill these guys. They know NE will throw everything they can at them so it's important to start strong and put them away asap.

Marcos20
10-29-2002, 07:46 PM
Bledsoe is smarter and a Professional .. he will let Travis Henry be the man of the game ...

Bills 31
NE 17

Phins054
10-29-2002, 07:54 PM
NE is under the most pressure. They can't afford to lose another division game. If they hit 5 losses in a row...their season will be spent playing spoiler to the contenders.

Jman
10-29-2002, 08:24 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan
They know NE will throw everything they can at them

When has a team not thrown everything it had into a game? isnt that underminding the whole "Give 100%" thing?

ublinkwescore
10-29-2002, 11:51 PM
I hate playing ketchup too. I'd relish in glory if the Bills musturd up a blow out.

-LABillsfan

Nice little mock of BillsOwnAll

BillsOwnAll, how old are you?

You can tell the truth, you'll still be smarter then WCoastFin

LABillsFan
10-30-2002, 02:14 AM
Jman, you see it all the time. I'm not saying they're not going to play 100% to their ability. A team that has a chance at the playoffs will keep the chances down, and run a sound game plan. Teams just trying to eek out a win will try onside kicks early in the game, fake punts, half back options etc. It wouldn't suprise me if NE tries any of these if they are down.

mybills
10-30-2002, 07:40 AM
Originally posted by Jman

When has a team not thrown everything it had into a game? isnt that underminding the whole "Give 100%" thing?

The Pats have not been playing at 100% lately.

LABillsFan
10-30-2002, 01:00 PM
BB knows Bledsoe in and out, what matters here is Gilbride and Bledsoe talking about it and coming up with a game plan to offset Bledsoes tendancies (long ball, staying in the pocket) until NE's D loosens up. Bledsoe is going to get pressured, he gets sacked roughly 4 times a game and BB is going apply as much pressure as he can. Screens, draws, roll outs and quick slants may be the answer but the line needs to play the best game of the season to date. Division games can make odds makers look foolish, but with the Bills being a 2 pt favorite, they know this game (as most Bills/Pats games) will be close. Generally the home team gets 3 points automatically, so being a 2 pt favorite shows me they are leaning towards the Pat's.

casdhf
10-30-2002, 01:05 PM
He knows bledsoe, but he's never had to gameplan to stop him.

LABillsFan
10-30-2002, 01:32 PM
I look at this game as the biggest of the year, even more so than the Miami game. Not because of the trade but what each team has to win or lose by the outcome.

From the Boston Herald:

Bledsoe is 4-5 in nine games against Belichick-coached defenses. Included is a 302-yard passing day against the Cleveland Browns in 1995 and a 340-yard output against the Jets in 1999.

Unfortunately for Bledsoe, many of the other numbers aren't very pretty. Bledsoe threw 16 interceptions (compared to 10 touchdown passes) in those nine games. In five of the contests he completed less than 50 percent of his passes. His career passer rating against Belichick is 62.7.

What's more, Bledsoe struggled in most of the big games. In a wild card matchup with the Browns, Bledsoe threw three interceptions while completing just 42 percent of his passes in a 20-13 loss in Cleveland on Jan. 1, 1995.

lordofgun
10-30-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by LABillsFan

:lol:

RedEyE
10-30-2002, 02:24 PM
The pressure is most definitly on the Pats. Brady still needs to prove that he and NE are not a fluke. The finger pointing has begun in their locker room and the fun has ceased. Oustanding NE coaching still exists, but can the coaches overcome each players suspiscion in their teammates abilities. The question this week is, will Bill Belichick unite and motivate them against a Buffalo team that clearly carries all the momentum? Personally, I think Brady will show the nation that THIS SEASON is his rookie season. Brady could very well crumble under pressure this week and hand Buffalo a Ray Lucas like game. Brady wants to win, but his inexperience may get the better of him and force the mistake.

Buffalo has proven that they have a better team then last season and they want to show the league that they are capable of making a solid push for the division. Bledsoe is out for blood but will take a win any way the Bills can get it. Regardless of his personal preformance this weekend, a win proves his worth even if it's Henry that has a game-ball day. The entire offense wants to play for Drew. I think their preformance Sunday, in front of a sell out crowd, will prove positive for the team and propel them through the rest of the season. The difference is that they are having fun just playing the game.

Phins054
10-30-2002, 05:47 PM
I look at this game as the biggest of the year, even more so than the Miami game. Not because of the trade but what each team has to win or lose by the outcome.

I disagree...Buffalo can absorb this loss much more than NE. If Buffalo were to lose you would be at 5-4 and still in the hunt for the division. A loss for the Pats means 3-5 and I think that at this point and time it will be a monster hole to climb out of. Not to mention the fact that it will be the fifth loss in a row. That would be demoralizing to a defending SB champion. Where as in Buffalo...you have already beaten last seasons record of 3-13 and everything above that is gravy.

LABillsFan
10-31-2002, 01:39 AM
I think the fact that the BIlls are 5-3 excede the expectations but without moving forward, meaning beating a decent team, they could lose the momentum. There is a tough 2nd half of the season to play, and if the Bills can't beat a team down on it's luck as of late, they will struggle against teams on the rise or who are playing consistant football. I'm glad the Bills have a winning record but I also realize there are holes that need to be filled and it will be another year until they can be grouped with the upper tier of teams.

Jeff1220
10-31-2002, 12:02 PM
Originally posted by casdhf
He knows bledsoe, but he's never had to gameplan to stop him.

Yes he did. BB was the DC for the Jets (under Parcells), who played vs. NE twice a year.

Captain gameboy
10-31-2002, 12:28 PM
I don't think it matters whether he knows Bledsoe or not. We're not ordering meals at a restaurant here. The question is whether he can stop a big, immobile, very accurate, very experienced QB running Gilbride's offense with very talented skill players. Certainly, Drew's tendencies are a small part of it, but this is a completely different offense that Drew is running. I think the familiarity thing is way overrated. I look for a completely different factor to win/lose this game. Maybe Henry and our O'line vs them, or maybe our slightly below average CB's against a short passing offense.