PDA

View Full Version : GW wants Germany back...

lordofgun
07-26-2002, 10:01 AM
Pittsford, NY (WGR 55) - Reggie Germany is no doubt hoping to still be property of the Buffalo Bills Friday after the team put him on waivers Thursday. Germany and undrafted free agent wide receiver Clarence Coleman both failed physicals before camp. There’s a 24-hour period in which Germany can be claimed by another team, but head coach Gregg Williams doesn’t believe anyone will pick him up, “Hopefully he’ll be ours, fortunately very few people are claimed off that (waiver) listing, but (hopefully) he’ll be back in the fold with us.”

If no one claims Germany he remains the property of the Bills but will have to go on injured reserve thus ending his 2002 season before it began. The second-year wideout still attended Thursday’s workouts but had no comment about his situation. Wednesday Germany told WGR Sportsradio 55 that he was likely headed for the PUP list after having microfracture surgery on his left knee. It’s a relatively serious procedure from which other NFL players have been unable to fully recover from. Bruce Smith is the only known player to successfully continue his career after such a surgery.

http://www.wgr55.com/news/billsnews.cfm?newsID=584034

WG
07-26-2002, 10:30 AM
I don't know. I think there's a few teams that would take a gamble on an unproven guy like Germany. S.D., for one. I know they have Dwight who can singlehandedly dominate a game and produce like 20 TDs per year for those huge dollars he's earning, :rolleyes:, but them and Philly could probably really use a WR who may turn out to be something.

WG
07-26-2002, 10:30 AM
Actually, I thought George Washington was back from the grave and wanted to annex Germany to the U.S.

:D

blcny
07-26-2002, 10:33 AM
He wants to be a Bill and the team wants him. I don't think anyone will pick him up. When does he clear the list, so we can pick him back up?

The_Philster
07-26-2002, 03:27 PM
Wys...you ARE joking about Dwight singlehandedly dominating, RIGHT? :D

JefftheBillsfan
07-26-2002, 03:32 PM
There is that whole sarcasm thing again WYS, LOL

BillsNYC
07-26-2002, 03:33 PM
did you know george washington was so scared of being buried alive that he had in his will that he wanted to be shown to the public for 3 days after he died before they did anything with his body?

JefftheBillsfan
07-26-2002, 03:41 PM
I feel enlightened BillsNYC thanks for the info. That sounds kinda freaky to me, but hey, its his body i guess...

BillsNYC
07-26-2002, 03:52 PM
i am full of useless facts!

JefftheBillsfan
07-26-2002, 03:56 PM
I wish I could say the same, but im not full of too many facts useless or not...

BillsNYC
07-26-2002, 03:56 PM
lmao!

Ebenezer
07-26-2002, 04:14 PM
IMO, he'll never play another down in the NFL.