PDA

View Full Version : Albany Conquest QB D. Bryant to tryout with Buffalo Bills

The_Philster
07-06-2004, 03:02 PM
The Albany Conquest of arenafootball2 announced today that their quarterback D. Bryant will have a tryout with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday morning.
“This is tremendous opportunity for D. and he certainly deserves it,” said Albany Conquest Head Coach Rick Buffington. “If Buffalo likes what they see they could sign him in the near future. D. will fly out from Buffalo to Green Bay to play in our game on Friday night against the Blizzard. He will not miss any practices this week since Thursday is a travel day for us.”

Bryant took over as the starting quarterback for Albany on May 8 against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers leading the Conquest to a 52-45 win, which was also their first victory of the season. Since Bryant assumed the role as starter he has led Albany to a 5-3 record after the team had begun the season 0-4...more (http://www.oursportscentral.com/services/releases/?id=3057453&l_id=&t_id=)

bio (http://www.albanyconquest.com/roster/player.php?ID=8)

The Spaz
07-06-2004, 03:06 PM
:boring:

ionlyusesmilies
07-06-2004, 03:18 PM
:lol:

HugeFinFan
07-06-2004, 03:31 PM
Living in the Albany area i've seen him play a few times...hes got a pretty decent arm with pretty good accuracy..doubt he makes the team, let alone the bills even sign the guy though.

THATHURMANATOR
07-06-2004, 04:14 PM
:rolleyes:

Jan Reimers
07-06-2004, 04:54 PM
Watch out J.P. here comes D. I have about the same chance of making the Bills.

The Natrix
07-06-2004, 06:10 PM
Arena football <b>2</b>? He's not even good enough for regular arena football?

ionlyusesmilies
07-06-2004, 07:03 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Arena football <b>2</b>? He's not even good enough for regular arena football? :lol!:

ShadowHawk7
07-06-2004, 08:00 PM
Originally posted by The Natrix
Arena football <b>2</b>? He's not even good enough for regular arena football?

Lol, do I have this right? The rejects of the NFL and college go to the AFL, the rejects of the AFL go to AFL2? Then what do the rejects of AFL2 do? Madden. :rolleyes:
I still can't get over his name being D. :cynic:

Michael82
07-07-2004, 05:18 AM
:::

DraftBoy
07-08-2004, 01:54 PM
you guys are so quick to write him off give him a shot atleast. Not like we cant use more QB help. We have cement shoes for a QB.

Mr. Miyagi
07-08-2004, 02:01 PM
Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
Lol, do I have this right? The rejects of the NFL and college go to the AFL, the rejects of the AFL go to AFL2? Then what do the rejects of AFL2 do? Madden. :rolleyes:
No, the rejects of AFL2 go to IFL (Indoor Football League). And the rejects of those go to CFL. :snicker:

TigerJ
07-08-2004, 05:46 PM
His AFL coach didn't have his expectation set too high. He had said he would be thrilled if Bryant made it to the practice squad.
I don't think he'll be a factor any time soon. I'm not sure what the exact relationship is between the AFL and AFL2. I think the AFL is the older league. It is probably somewhat better established, but I don't think it's a given that the most talented NFL rejects go there and the less talented ones go to the AFL2.

OK. You can go back to joking now.

saviorbledsoe
07-08-2004, 06:25 PM
got to be better than brown

The_Philster
07-08-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TigerJ
His AFL coach didn't have his expectation set too high. He had said he would be thrilled if Bryant made it to the practice squad.
I don't think he'll be a factor any time soon. I'm not sure what the exact relationship is between the AFL and AFL2. I think the AFL is the older league. It is probably somewhat better established, but I don't think it's a given that the most talented NFL rejects go there and the less talented ones go to the AFL2.

OK. You can go back to joking now.

af2 is the jr league version of the AFL. There's no set farm system like with the NHL and its minor leagues, however (example: Buffalo can send players to Rochester in the NHL and AHL but the Buffalo Destroyers of the AFL couldn't send players "down to" the Rochester Brigade for seasoning in the same way)

The_Philster
07-13-2004, 03:03 PM
A week after Albany Conquest's D. Bryant tried out for the Bills, Buffalo said they won't sign the arena football quarterback.

The Bills liked what they saw -- they just don't have the room. They have Bryant on a short list of considerations in case they have an injury at the quarterback position....
more (http://www.capitalnews9.com/content/sports/?ArID=83744&SecID=32)
http://www.capitalnews9.com/media/2004/7/12/images/01dbryant2.jpg

DraftBoy
07-13-2004, 06:19 PM
Well I think thats better than alot of guys were willing to give him credit for

The_Philster
07-13-2004, 06:35 PM
Same here :up: Maybe it'll wind up he does come up to the team and eventually becomes a solid long term back-up to Losman. :idunno: You can never tell.

The_Philster
07-13-2004, 07:16 PM
Agent: 'Quest QB did well in tryout, but got no offer
The Buffalo Bills have decided not to sign Albany Conquest quarterback D. Bryant for the time being, his agent said Monday.

Bryant tried out for the Bills on Thursday in front of quarterbacks coach Sam Wyche and team scouts.

J.R. Rickert, Bryant's agent, said Buffalo told him the team will report to training camp on July 31 with the four quarterbacks under contract -- Drew Bledsoe, J.P Losman, Travis Brown and Greg Zolman....more (http://www.timesunion.com/AspStories/story.asp?storyID=265717&category=SPORTS&newsdate=7/13/2004)