X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • The_Philster
    • Jul 2002

Albany Conquest QB D. Bryant to tryout with Buffalo Bills

The Albany Conquest of arenafootball2 announced today that their quarterback D. Bryant will have a tryout with the Buffalo Bills on Thursday morning.
    “This is tremendous opportunity for D. and he certainly deserves it,” said Albany Conquest Head Coach Rick Buffington. “If Buffalo likes what they see they could sign him in the near future. D. will fly out from Buffalo to Green Bay to play in our game on Friday night against the Blizzard. He will not miss any practices this week since Thursday is a travel day for us.”

Bryant took over as the starting quarterback for Albany on May 8 against the Wilkes-Barre/Scranton Pioneers leading the Conquest to a 52-45 win, which was also their first victory of the season. Since Bryant assumed the role as starter he has led Albany to a 5-3 record after the team had begun the season 0-4.
    ..more

bio
    The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!
  • The Spaz
    • Mar 2003

Comment

• ionlyusesmilies
      • Jul 2004

:P

Comment

• HugeFinFan
        • May 2004

Living in the Albany area i've seen him play a few times...hes got a pretty decent arm with pretty good accuracy..doubt he makes the team, let alone the bills even sign the guy though.

Comment

• THATHURMANATOR
          • Jul 2002

Comment

• Jan Reimers
            Thank You, Terry and Kim, for Saving the Bills. Now, Work on the Sabres.
            • May 2003

Watch out J.P. here comes D. I have about the same chance of making the Bills.
            Should have known, way back in 1960 when we drafted Richie Lucas Number 1, that this would be a long, hard ride. But who could have known it would be THIS bad?

Comment

• The Natrix
              • Jul 2002

Arena football 2? He's not even good enough for regular arena football?

Byrd.

Comment

• ionlyusesmilies
                • Jul 2004

Originally posted by The Natrix
                :P

Comment

• ShadowHawk7
                  Ground your Jets Vilma, no way you're shooting this guy down.
                  • Mar 2003

Originally posted by The Natrix
                  Lol, do I have this right? The rejects of the NFL and college go to the AFL, the rejects of the AFL go to AFL2? Then what do the rejects of AFL2 do? Madden.
                  I still can't get over his name being D.
                  "It's not whether you win or lose; it's how you play the game."
                  -Vince Lombardi

Comment

• Michael82
                    • Jul 2002

Comment

• DraftBoy
                      Administrator
                      • Jul 2002

you guys are so quick to write him off give him a shot atleast. Not like we cant use more QB help. We have cement shoes for a QB.
                      COMING SOON...
                      Originally posted by Dr.Lecter
                      We were both drunk and Hillary did not look that bad at 2 AM, I swear!!!!!!

Comment

• Mr. Miyagi
                        Lecter's Little *****

• Sep 2002

Originally posted by ShadowHawk7
                        Lol, do I have this right? The rejects of the NFL and college go to the AFL, the rejects of the AFL go to AFL2? Then what do the rejects of AFL2 do? Madden.
                        No, the rejects of AFL2 go to IFL (Indoor Football League). And the rejects of those go to CFL.

Comment

• TigerJ
                          • Jul 2002

His AFL coach didn't have his expectation set too high. He had said he would be thrilled if Bryant made it to the practice squad.
                          I don't think he'll be a factor any time soon. I'm not sure what the exact relationship is between the AFL and AFL2. I think the AFL is the older league. It is probably somewhat better established, but I don't think it's a given that the most talented NFL rejects go there and the less talented ones go to the AFL2.

OK. You can go back to joking now.
                          I've made up my mind. Don't confuse me with the facts.

I'm the most reasonable poster here. If you don't agree, I'll be forced to have a hissy fit.

Comment

• saviorbledsoe
                            All-Pro Zoner
                            • Jul 2003

got to be better than brown

Comment

• The_Philster
                              • Jul 2002

Originally posted by TigerJ
                              His AFL coach didn't have his expectation set too high. He had said he would be thrilled if Bryant made it to the practice squad.
                              I don't think he'll be a factor any time soon. I'm not sure what the exact relationship is between the AFL and AFL2. I think the AFL is the older league. It is probably somewhat better established, but I don't think it's a given that the most talented NFL rejects go there and the less talented ones go to the AFL2.

OK. You can go back to joking now.
                              af2 is the jr league version of the AFL. There's no set farm system like with the NHL and its minor leagues, however (example: Buffalo can send players to Rochester in the NHL and AHL but the Buffalo Destroyers of the AFL couldn't send players "down to" the Rochester Brigade for seasoning in the same way)
                              The Buffalo Pro Cheer Blog...Positive coverage of Buffalo's Pro Cheerleaders since 2001!

Comment

Working...
                              X