PDA

View Full Version : Will Mularkey make changes if his plan doesn't work

OpIv37
07-06-2004, 07:23 PM
According to an article from ESPN that was posted a few days ago-

"Add in a healthy Jonas Jennings at left tackle, top-shelf offensive line coach Jim McNally and a max-protect blocking scheme that at times will keep seven in to block and Bledsoe could have the time the immobile slinger needs."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/features/story?page=overview/bills2004

- the offense will have 7 guys blocking for Bledsoe. That may work if the opponents assume Bledsoe's an easy target and they go for the kill, but after a big play or two, the D will start using stunts and fake blitzes and the strategy won't work.

Will Mularkey and Co. make adjustments? Or will they keep doing the same crap over and over like Gilbride?

Stewie
07-07-2004, 06:16 AM
Stop hitting yourself! Why are you hitting yourself??!?!?

Pride
07-07-2004, 07:04 AM
Everyone in Western New York could see what it would take for our offense to open up last year... that is except the Bills offensive coaching staff (mostly gilbride).

I would be hard pressed to believe that we choose 2 HUGE idiots consecutively.

Unless Mularky is a complete MORON, he will know how to change his game plan.

So far, I like everything about this guy. When GW came in here, he spewed garbage that turned out to have no relevance to his actual coaching. Mularky has been quiet, talked about what they want to do with assertiveness, and seems to be doing it.

TigerJ
07-07-2004, 08:39 AM
Actually Buffalo had 3 idiots in a row coaching the offensive line. I agree with your point though, Pride. I don't think Mularkey or Clements is married to either a system or a personnel package the way Gilbride is. Their approach seems to be, "We'll do whatever works."

BigZ
07-07-2004, 10:08 AM
I agree with both of you - Pride and TigerJ.

I expect that there will be a lot of flexibility next year.

The one problem I see might be some indecision by MM since it'll be the first time he'll have total responsibility. I expect that Wyche will be there to whisper in his ear to go with his gut and just do it.

I'm really excited to see what we can do this year!